pixeltracker

Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Kander and Ebb- Page 2

Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Kander and Ebb

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#25Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Carnegie Hall
Posted: 8/27/16 at 3:26pm

Forgot to mention that there are also tickets available for the April Pops concert with Adrienne Warren and Jonathan Groff.  The theme is singer/songwriters, so I'm expecting a lot of Carole King and James Taylor.  It's an interesting choice for those two.

VintageSnarker
#26Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Carnegie Hall
Posted: 8/27/16 at 8:32pm

neonlightsxo said: " I don't know this for a fact, but I imagine that Joshua Henry won't be doing that Kander and Ebb show anymore. He'll be in Chicago playing Burr. "

I hope that doesn't turn out to be true. Jeremy Jordan and Steven Pasquale dropped out last year but those were announced closer to the concert dates. I think there were unanticipated scheduling issues. Wouldn't they know if Joshua Henry won't be able to do the concert if it's this far in advance?

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#27Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Carnegie Hall
Posted: 8/28/16 at 12:41am

Jshan05 said: "Just bought my tickets to see Kelli O'Hara...I am so excited! I can't wait to hear that glorious voice in Carnegie Hall. I wonder what songs she'll be singing...anyone have a dream setlist?

"

Good question. Safe to say that she will sing something from South Pacific and King and I. I saw her at the City Center gala a couple of years ago when she sang "Hello, Young Lovers" for only, according to her, the second time in public.

You can check out her last album, Always, A few from that. "They Don't Let You in the Opera" is a Tour de Force, but I don't know if she would go with that in such a formal setting.

In an interview she said that her favorite composer was Jerome Kern, which surprised me, since I can't recall her singing or recording any Kern. I guess this concert will be a test of that. Rebecca Luker also named Kern as favorite composer, but she backed it up with a whole album of Kern.

Kelli and Mathew Morrison love to do the balcony scene ("Tonight"Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Carnegie Hall from West Side Story, but he probably won't be a guest. I would expect something from Bridges, her true love.

ITunes prices all the cuts from "Bridges" at $1.29. Unusual for a mostly flop original musical.

Updated On: 8/28/16 at 12:41 AM

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#28Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Carnegie Hall
Posted: 8/28/16 at 11:31am

Got my ticket for La O'Hara - I am so excited to see one of my favorite actresses in concert - and at Carnegie Hall, no less!

As for a set list, she has to sing "Almost Real" from Bridges. Seems perfect for the venue, considering its neo-opera feel. Maybe she'll sing some Sondheim. I need something to carry around, since an O'Hara/Benanti Follies is my dream production.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#29Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Carnegie Hall
Posted: 8/29/16 at 9:06am

Is the Carnegie Hall website down for others right now too?

neonlightsxo
#30Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Carnegie Hall
Posted: 8/29/16 at 9:35am

VintageSnarker, I don't know if they know yet, but I would imagine he agreed to the concert before he was cast as Burr. I'm just speculating.

Liza's Headband
#31Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Carnegie Hall
Posted: 8/29/16 at 9:53am

OlBlueEyes said: "Jshan05 said: "Just bought my tickets to see Kelli O'Hara...I am so excited! I can't wait to hear that glorious voice in Carnegie Hall. I wonder what songs she'll be singing...anyone have a dream setlist?

"

Good question. Safe to say that she will sing something from South Pacific and King and I. I saw her at the City Center gala a couple of years ago when she sang "Hello, Young Lovers" for only, according to her, the second time in public.

You can check out her last album, Always, A few from that. "They Don't Let You in the Opera" is a Tour de Force, but I don't know if she would go with that in such a formal setting.

In an interview she said that her favorite composer was Jerome Kern, which surprised me, since I can't recall her singing or recording any Kern. I guess this concert will be a test of that. Rebecca Luker also named Kern as favorite composer, but she backed it up with a whole album of Kern.

Kelli and Mathew Morrison love to do the balcony scene ("Tonight"Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Carnegie Hall from West Side Story, but he probably won't be a guest. I would expect something from Bridges, her true love.

ITunes prices all the cuts from "Bridges" at $1.29. Unusual for a mostly flop original musical.
"

That pricing is not by iTunes. That pricing is done by the distributor and/or record label if different. There are three tiers of pricing to choose from: 0.69, 0.99 and 1.29. Don't know who produced BRIDGES but, for whatever season, they believe the tracks are worth that much. In this instance, buying the entire album will be $2 or $3 cheaper so that's what they're probably trying to push (a full album purchase).

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#32Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Carnegie Hall
Posted: 8/29/16 at 10:02am

OlBlueEyes said: "Jshan05 said: "Just bought my tickets to see Kelli O'Hara...I am so excited! I can't wait to hear that glorious voice in Carnegie Hall. I wonder what songs she'll be singing...anyone have a dream setlist?

"

"

I was thinking the same actually! I came up with a list that I was thinking she might do/I'm hoping for! 

Almost Real
Duet with Steven Pasquale-One Second and a Million Miles(a boy can dream, right?)
This Nearly Was Mine
The Light in the Piazza
Hello, Young Lovers
I Have Dreamed
If I Loved You
No One Else(from Natasha, Pierre...she'd sound glorious on this one!)
Someone To Watch Over Me
What More Do I Need?
So In Love
I’m In Love With A Wonderful Guy

VintageSnarker
#33Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Carnegie Hall
Posted: 8/29/16 at 7:14pm

OlBlueEyes said: " ITunes prices all the cuts from "Bridges" at $1.29. Unusual for a mostly flop original musical. "

Can someone please clarify what's being discussed here?

Liza's Headband
#34Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Carnegie Hall
Posted: 8/29/16 at 7:56pm

The BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY Cast Recording on iTunes. No clue why he/she called them "cuts." 

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#35Kelli O'Hara, Lerner & Loewe, Carnegie Hall
Posted: 8/31/16 at 12:14am

Liza's Headband said: "The BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY Cast Recording on iTunes. No clue why he/she called them "cuts." 

"

Gosh, you're making me feel old. "Cuts" were used to describe songs on a 33 1/3 vinyl album, because the grooves were cut into the vinyl. Here it is used in a description of the Beatles' Revolver album:

Among the bounty of melodic masterpieces on Revolver, there are a couple that deserve special mention. Significantly, George Harrison got three of his songs on the album, including the first cut on side one, Taxman. George’s songwriting prowess was finally getting recognized.

Videos