pixeltracker

Is NBC going to continue to do live musical specials? - Page 2

Is NBC going to continue to do live musical specials?

zainmax
#25Is NBC going to continue existing after it's Rent problem?
Posted: 1/29/19 at 12:37am

Here's more info: https://www.forbes.com/sites/marchershberg/2019/01/27/why-rent-might-be-foxs-last-broadway-musical/

I agree with you SomethingPeculiar. Greenblatt should do something on Bway!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#26Is NBC going to continue existing after it's Rent problem?
Posted: 1/29/19 at 12:58am

I like the idea of something new. And also kind of wish ABC/Disney would do High School Musical live. 

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#27Is NBC going to continue existing after it's Rent problem?
Posted: 1/29/19 at 12:59am

Id much rather watch an original television musical than see them butcher another one of my favorite Broadway shows. I dont like the idea of another jukebox musical but I understand they need to have some draw if its not going to be a popular title everyone already knows.

BwayLB
#28Is NBC going to continue existing after it's Rent problem?
Posted: 1/29/19 at 1:13am

RippedMan said: "I like the idea of something new. And also kind of wish ABC/Disney would do High School Musical live."

I would want High School Musical Live as well. Just for the sake of early teen nostalgia. I’ll be 26 next Saturday. Although I’m thinking for a totally new musical on TV, how about Home Alone with music by Pasek and Paul.

EdEval
#29Is NBC going to continue existing after it's Rent problem?
Posted: 2/21/19 at 2:10pm

Why not do a real classical musical from days gone by like Dearest Enemy by Rogers and Hart?  I think it was last done live back in 1955.

JSquared2
#30Is NBC going to continue existing after it's Rent problem?
Posted: 2/21/19 at 2:19pm

EdEval said: "Why not do a real classical musical from days gone by like Dearest Enemy by Rogers and Hart? I think it was last done live back in 1955."

Why not get some sense of a grip on reality?  I doubt you could find enough people who care about seeing a forgotten Rogers (sic) and Hart musical to fill a weekend at Musicals at Mufti!

Videos