pixeltracker

Broadway Cast moral code?- Page 2

Broadway Cast moral code?

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#25Broadway Cast moral code?
Posted: 11/1/20 at 1:20am

At least one brain cell seems to be working then.

SoCalDirector
#26Broadway Cast moral code?
Posted: 11/1/20 at 4:05pm

Going back to the 1960s Elliot Gould the star of I Can Get It For You Wholesale dated breakout cast member Barbra Streisand. Then they got married. She became a superstar and then…

Miles Robert Mills

fosterfan2
#27Broadway Cast moral code?
Posted: 11/1/20 at 5:34pm

I remember reading that Sandra Church was Jules Styne's girlfriend at the time Gypsy was being cast,and that was how she got the title role. But after Gypsy,not much was heard about her. I only know what I read,because I wasn't born yet and I discovered Gypsy as an adult in the '90s.

latitudex1 Profile Photo
latitudex1
#28Broadway Cast moral code?
Posted: 11/1/20 at 5:55pm

fosterfan2 said: "I remember reading that Sandra Church was Jules Styne's girlfriend at the time Gypsy was being cast,and that was how she got the title role. But after Gypsy,not much was heard about her. I only know what I read,because I wasn't born yet and I discovered Gypsy as an adult in the '90s."

I read a pretty recent interview she did, and she didn't mention that. She said it was between her and another well-known actress, and that she won out. And she quickly retired after Gypsy because she didn't love the experience and didn't want to "turn into" Merman.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#29Broadway Cast moral code?
Posted: 11/1/20 at 7:15pm

I know nothing about this but if I got cast in a show because of what turned out to be a non-enduring relationship, I don't think I would mention it in an interview many years later. (Just a thought.)

Videos