pixeltracker

Borle, Sykes, and Rodriguez will lead Kennedy Center's BYE BYE BIRDIE- Page 2

Borle, Sykes, and Rodriguez will lead Kennedy Center's BYE BYE BIRDIE

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#25Borle, Sykes, and Rodriguez will lead Kennedy Center's BYE BYE BIRDIE
Posted: 6/14/24 at 11:16am

I agree. I like a lot of people in the cast individually, and I love Birdie, but I feel like it's one of those shows that either needs to be embraced as full 50s cartoonish fun or modernized and hip with clear connections to the present. This seems like neither, and those pictures make it look very cheap. I mean, Krysta's wig?! No.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#26Borle, Sykes, and Rodriguez will lead Kennedy Center's BYE BYE BIRDIE
Posted: 6/14/24 at 11:22am

Having seen this twice, the video clips are not a good representation of the show I saw. I wonder if this was from an invited dress. I thought it was a fun and enjoyable production, though I don't see it transferring.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

SisterGeorge
#27Borle, Sykes, and Rodriguez will lead Kennedy Center's BYE BYE BIRDIE
Posted: 6/14/24 at 11:34am

LetTheSunshineIn2 said: "Saw this tonight and Kim is 16 in this production. Not sure why some were stating that they had increased the character's age."

She lies to Birdie and tells him she’s 20-something before they run off to the Ice House, thus the confusion for someone not paying attention. And no, this shouldn’t transfer. Perfectly light summer entertainment, but not up to previous KC Center Stage quality. 

Sister George
Updated On: 6/14/24 at 11:34 AM

greensgreens Profile Photo
greensgreens
#28Borle, Sykes, and Rodriguez will lead Kennedy Center's BYE BYE BIRDIE
Posted: 6/15/24 at 1:30am

So sad. I was really hoping for a transfer because fall looks bleak until November after Mary and some of the Tony losers close up. 

Videos