pixeltracker

Michael Ball - Hip surgery?- Page 2

Michael Ball - Hip surgery?

#25re: Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 6/18/04 at 9:39am

It is not unsual not to hear anything from Michael for a few months.It would normally have happened earlier in the year.This year we have had Australia,Cork and SLC already during this time.So I'd not be at all suprised,if he's having a bit of R+R before the summer shows start.This accounts for the lack of updates,as all the concert info etc has already been released(I'm also of the opinion that if they weren't going ahead,we'd have heard by now).

Updated On: 6/18/04 at 09:39 AM

Faith2 Profile Photo
Faith2
#26re: Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 6/18/04 at 10:03am

I do agree with Vegaslady about the infoline message...

I did think we would have had a message on the infoline after SLC?!

There is a curious paradox that no one can explain; Who understands the secret of the reaping of the grain, Who understands why spring is born out of winter's laboring pain, Or why we all must die a bit before we grow again. -from "The Fantasticks"

nancipants
#27re: Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 6/18/04 at 10:15am

Not only was the topic locked on the mbfc...it disappeared completely. Not standard operating procedure for them. Why is everything surrounding that man(?) such a mystery? Also, I heard from a very reliable source in NY that MB is not even in the top 3 choices for Caractacus.

Lori
#28re: Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 6/18/04 at 12:05pm

I agree on the info line message, that was odd. Also on the way the situation was handled on the MBFC.

Bottom line is no one has any real information (which is how it should be, the man deserves his privacy) and there's every indication that his summer schedule is going ahead as planned.

And if the way he moved in SLC is any indication I highly doubt it was anything as serious as what was initially rumored (that's assuming he had anything done at all).

Too bad it was brought up at all. And Nancipants, I truly hope your source is wrong...It would be great to have MB back on Broadway (though personally I'd rather see him in a more vocally challenging role).

"Take Care! When I am thwarted I am very terrible!"

CDuffy5062
#29re: Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 6/18/04 at 12:47pm

I, too, hope that the "Michael Ball isn't in the top 3" information proves to be either inaccurate, or those involved in casting the show change their collective mind. I would note that two separate producers of the show did state recently that he was being considered but then again, it certainly wouldn't be the first time public statements were used as negotiating tools elsewhere. I guess we'll only know when an announcement is made, but he would be a wonderful choice. There's no better voice they could be considering.

As to the surgery rumor, we can all draw our own conclusions from what happened (and what didn't).

And as was previously posted, Michael is absolutely entitled to his privacy. But I do think that once the issue was raised, it could have been handled in a manner less likely to cause consternation and further conjecture. Just my two cents.

Carol D

nancipants
#30re: Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 6/18/04 at 1:01pm

Don't you think that the secrecy causes more trouble than good? I don't understand why MB's management can't issue simple press releases in order to quash the rumour mill.

west end fan
#31re: Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 6/18/04 at 2:12pm

The thread was removed from the mbfc board because the policy of that board is not to discuss Michael's private life.

Any health related issues are part of a person's private life and if it isn't likely to affect Michael's professional commitments why should they make any comment, one way or the other.

Lori
#32re: Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 6/18/04 at 3:28pm

Generally true west end fan, but I think part of the problem is that they initially posted that they would get in touch with Michael's management and let people know the status. THEN the topic was removed. I'm not faulting the FC organizers, I think they were in a difficult position, but the way it was handled only served to feed the rumor mill and increase people's anxiety. And, for the most part, it wasn't that people wanted "dirt" they were just concerned. Like I said, I'm sure that everyone will see a healthy MB on July 11th for the kick off of his summer concerts!

InTheMoney Profile Photo
InTheMoney
#33re: Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 6/20/04 at 1:58pm

I agree they should have got straight in touch with the management and posted an official denial. I think the fact that there's been no cancellation by now means it is untrue, but an outright denial would be far better than people being left with no further information and just lots of rumour and speculation.

Health problems do become a part of a performer's public life when any such problems may impact on plans to travel to concerts, especially when fans are coming from as far afield as some of Michael's do. To be fair, I think that Michael and his management know that and they'd have issued a statement by now if he had had surgery. I think it has actually been the Fan Club getting a little overprotective.

I'd imagine the topic disappeared to limit the number of people who saw it and attempt to keep the rumour from spreading. If that was the case then it backfired in a spectacular fashion.

It has also been noted that the person who posted the original message registered that day and hasn't posted since. The general consensus seems to be that they were trying to cause trouble.

It isn't strange that Michael's apparently disappeared - he does after all have several concerts coming up so he's probably in rehearsals and putting together songlists for the shows.

margaretdb Profile Photo
margaretdb
#34Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 6/28/04 at 4:45am

I would like to know if the rumours are true. I am going to UK in August and plan to see the concert in Edinburgh.
A lot of my holiday is based around being in Edinburgh that week, so it would be nice to know if there is a chance the concert is not going to happen.
I am not saying that we should know about Michael's private life - but some things DO effect us.

Lori
#35Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 6/28/04 at 8:50am

Margaret - follow this link to some pictures taken of Michael at a Charity Awards Luncheon on June 18th. As you can see, he looks perfectly healthy. I'd keep your plans for Edinburgh in tact and enjoy!

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=CAL====66418&c4nvi=3&str=8409&styp=clbihttp://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=CAL====66418&c4nvi=3&str=8409&styp=clbi>http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=CAL====66418&c4nvi=3&str=8409&styp=clbi

Faith2 Profile Photo
Faith2
#36Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 6/28/04 at 3:58pm

Lori, I was just about to post that link as well..... Michael Ball - Hip surgery?

Seems yet another MB rumour bites the dust, hopefully. Michael Ball - Hip surgery?

There is a curious paradox that no one can explain; Who understands the secret of the reaping of the grain, Who understands why spring is born out of winter's laboring pain, Or why we all must die a bit before we grow again. -from "The Fantasticks"

crissy
#37Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 8/14/04 at 5:39pm

gueSS IN LIgHT OF HOW wONDERFUL he Has looKed at his recent conCerts, this rumour Has "officially" bitten The dust!!!! Thank GOD !

He has LOOked absolutely splenDid. Very fit aNd trim. iN vEry GoOd VoiCe, And very gOod frame oF mind. Updated On: 8/30/04 at 05:39 PM

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#38Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 6:01pm

Keep that up, and I'll eat your caps lock key.

bogey_LIVE
#39Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 6:04pm

Ther eis Musetta again...I love her...so nasty...is Michael Ball still alive? I thought he died in the 80's...oops, did I just say that?

Musetta1957
#40Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 6:05pm

Bogey, you misspelled "dream" in your profile.

bogey_LIVE
#41Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 6:12pm

did I really? I love you!

Musetta1957
#42Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 6:31pm

It's nice to be loved. Michael Ball - Hip surgery?

Also, there is an uneccessary apostrophe in "know's."

bogey_LIVE
#43Michael Ball - Hip surgery?
Posted: 8/15/04 at 6:33pm

you disappeared for a while...don't do that...I thought you didn't hate me anymore.

Videos