pixeltracker

Kristen VS. Jennifer Laura- Page 2

Kristen VS. Jennifer Laura

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#25re: Kristin VS. J-La
Posted: 8/23/04 at 9:23pm

That's my girl PINK!

I probably shouldn't even respond to this question, b/c no one is better then Jen in anything. But I will say that Kristin had a more solid voice----but who am I kidding?

Jen freaking RULES!

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#26re: Kristin VS. J-La
Posted: 8/23/04 at 9:24pm

I saw Kristin and saw JLA in Footloose. I might go back in December around Christmas time to see Idina and JLA because i saw Eden and Kristin back in late June. Eden I can not stress enough was fablous! If you are in town go see BROOKLYN!!!

*Kristen*

ponine24601
#27re: Kristin VS. J-La
Posted: 8/23/04 at 9:24pm

haha. i wish that i had seen jenn in something. i'm dying for clips of her in anything!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

Derek2
#28re: Kristin VS. J-La
Posted: 8/23/04 at 9:29pm

I saw them both. They are both excellent. Glinda was originated by Kristin and she brought much character to the role. She has an excellent voice and is very funny. JLT was also very good. There were certain parts in her performance that I personally liked better than Kristin, but that doesnt really mean she's the best. JLT is so funny though, she keeps her voice at one level when she's telling her jokes and doesnt emphasize anything, which strangely makes it funnier. I enjoyed JLT's version of Popular better, however I enjoyed Kristin's No One Mourns The Wicked and For Good better. It depends. Both are great. You could not have asked for anything more :)

MadeofGold Profile Photo
MadeofGold
#29re: Kristin VS. J-La
Posted: 8/23/04 at 9:39pm

Like Trisky, I've seen three people play Glinda ( Melissa Bell Chait, JLT and Kristin) and it's really impossible to say who's better.

Kristin is a brilliant comedic actress which I felt was kind of distracting at times during the show. I feel like JLT might give the more nuanced and subtle performance but some would accuse her of underplaying the part.

Either way, JLT has been a wonderful choice to take over for Kristin. Wicked's lucky to have her!

"... Still a little bit of your taste in my mouth. Still a little bit of you laced with my doubt. Still a little hard to say what's going on..." Damien Rice

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#30re: Kristin VS. J-La
Posted: 8/24/04 at 5:35pm

I have yet to see JLT, but I've heard a bit here and there of her, and I think she is wonderful. I felt as if JLT is a little, well, calmer, and that certainly has it's good points. I feel Kristin left her mark on the role, but am sure that JLT, while playing it differently, brings her own styles and nuances to the role, making her a joy to see.

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

Elphie6689 Profile Photo
Elphie6689
#31re: Kristin VS. J-La
Posted: 8/24/04 at 5:42pm

wickedphantom-- do you have that clip of jlt singing it anywhere?? If so can you please PM it to me?? THANKS!

"And if I'm flying solo.. at least I'm flying free..."

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#32re: Kristin VS. J-La
Posted: 8/24/04 at 6:28pm

Some of you were not here then -- but a scant 6 months ago there was a tortured, very heated discussion about how when Kristin leaves, the show will simply HAVE to CLOSE. No one else could EVER play this role, ever! EVER. Time, box office, and shrewd recasting always prevail, and always reveal: good plays are very stretchable, v. flexible things -- they can evolve and stay very alive, often brilliantly, with new blood, new energy.

I remember reading how Bette Davis, in taking on Tallulah Bankhead's role, Regina, in the film of LITTLE FOXES had no choice but to use some of Bankhead's performance in hers; the stamp was there. Such will always be the case with the two original witches -- but WICKED will be around at the Gershwin, and eventually in church basements and high school auditoriums -- with lots of talented women shining in those show parts.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 8/24/04 at 06:28 PM

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#33re: Kristin VS. J-La
Posted: 8/24/04 at 7:17pm

JLT was excellent...BUT, I would still say KC was better..

bwaybaby2 Profile Photo
bwaybaby2
#34re: Kristin VS. J-La
Posted: 8/25/04 at 2:49am

im seeing JLT on friday but i have definite doubts... i mean come on! kristin chenoweth is kristin chenoweth!!!! she an amazing performer. i saw her and she was just perfect. i guarentee she is better than JLT. no offense jen...

Videos