CanWeTalkBroadway?
#28re: Jan 2. marks the end of the
Posted: 12/21/04 at 10:28pm

I rest my case.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#29re: Jan 2. marks the end of the
Posted: 12/21/04 at 10:33pm

to me, 42nd Street was amazing. I wasn't yet born when it was opened prior to this revival and I was amazed. But, 5 years? Is a VERY healthy and sweet run for a revival. I also have to say GYPSY to me was a "REAL" bway show.. the conductor with the bow tie in a black tux... the 5 minute beginning to the show of just sweet, beautiful music... I would pay $100 just to see that with every show.

BSoBW2
#30re: Jan 2. marks the end of the
Posted: 12/21/04 at 10:33pm

Some one is a little full of oneself...

I just wanted to know if you were referring to me...but it doesn't matter now, now that I know I have nothing to prove to the likes of you....

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#31re: Jan 2. marks the end of the
Posted: 12/21/04 at 10:55pm

No, I'm pretty certain he was mainly talking about me. For some reason he has something against me, and puts me down wherever possible for no reason. He's just another waste of life on this board that thinks he's a lot more important than he actually is.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Plum
#32re: Jan 2. marks the end of the
Posted: 12/21/04 at 11:23pm

And once again, CanWeTalkBroadway displays his spectacular judgement. You've been here what, 5 days? And you presume to know the ages of everyone here? Veery nice.

BSoBW2
#33re: Jan 2. marks the end of the
Posted: 12/22/04 at 12:35am

good, munk...

OK, i'm in college - and quite frankly, a very good one at that - it's in the process of gaining Ivy League standing -

Plum
#34re: Jan 2. marks the end of the
Posted: 12/22/04 at 12:43am

Wha? Since when does the Ivy League let in new members? Not that it matters- they're just schools who play sports with one another. Academically, there's other schools that are just as good.

Okay, feel free to go back on topic.

BSoBW2
#35re: Jan 2. marks the end of the
Posted: 12/22/04 at 12:47am

haha, yeah, i mean to be at "ivy league standing"

~ Don't ask

I love how every thread gets off topic

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#36re: Jan 2. marks the end of the
Posted: 12/22/04 at 12:54am

OK, back ON topic....

I, for one, would like to see musical theatre moving towards the direction of "Caroline, or Change" and Sondheim's darker works -- that is, serious drama with a strong emphasis on plot and character. I still love big dance musicals with flimsy plots as much as the next person (and I'm in now way equating the dance musical to flimsy plots). Now that straight plays are starting to bite the dust on Broadway, however, it might be productive to have musical theatre fill in the intellectual void.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

BSoBW2
#37re: Jan 2. marks the end of the
Posted: 12/22/04 at 1:02am

I think I am weird - I like dark shows (a la Les Mis) and comedies (a la The Producers, The Full Monty)

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#38re: Jan 2. marks the end of the
Posted: 12/22/04 at 1:05am

Jan. 2 also markes the end of the great musicals on Broadway this year like BOMBAY DREAMS and DRACULA. 42nd STREET would come in 3rd place. lol

BSoBW2
#39re: Jan 2. marks the end of the
Posted: 12/22/04 at 1:06am

See, you said Dracula so I got happy! (I think I am seeing it next week! - plus, "i" know a producer of lil women, who knows Frank Wildhorn)....

but then you said bombay dreams - i must question my taste, haha

Videos