News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CanWeTalkBroadway?

CanWeTalkBroadway? Profile Photo
Member Name: CanWeTalkBroadway?
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Mullally & Oswalt to Star in McNally's Lips Together, Teeth Apart; Open
 Dec 22 2009, 03:45:43 PM
Yeah, geez, I would be clamoring to pay cash money to see Debra Messing in, um, ah... absolutely nothing. Perhaps a revival of Wildcat that would close in previews?
re: Name a Way that Your Favorite Performer Can Improve
 Dec 23 2004, 04:28:55 PM
Aren't many high schools and colleges now doing open ended runs of eight performances a week? Certainly these modern-day Barrymores and Bernhards are exactly the people who should be giving advice to these so-called "professionals." A long weekend of playing Ren in "Footloose: The Musical" is all the credibility a person needs.
re: Happy Birthday Craig!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We Heart You!!
 Dec 22 2004, 11:07:38 PM
Though I have only known you a few short days, it is clear that you are a very kind and thoughtful and thoughtfully kind individual, and individually kindly and thought kindly of.

Happy birthday.

re: What Have You Written?
 Dec 22 2004, 06:05:00 PM
Among countless other pieces in numerous publications, my personal favorite piece appeared in a Boyd MacDonald chap book.
re: Jan 2. marks the end of the
 Dec 21 2004, 10:28:22 PM
I rest my case.
 Dec 21 2004, 09:56:17 PM
Exactly!
re: In honor of Sally Brown....
 Dec 21 2004, 09:52:32 PM
It's over. Even SUTTON moved on. You should try it.
re: Lack of originality on Broadway?
 Dec 21 2004, 09:30:30 PM
Yes. Critics. They ruin EVERYTHING.

But how do some shows make money? I mean, Wicked got decidedly mixed reviews and it's about to recoup its investment. Those bungee cords can't be cheap, can they? I mean, wow, those damn critics.

Dec 21 2004, 09:26:31 PM
This thread perfectly illustrates why the powers that be here at BWW.com might want to seriously consider a Students Board. Collegians! High Schoolers! Middle Schoolers! Grammar Schoolers! And one Very Special Ed Student! Stand up, if possible, for your right to associate as the teens and tweens and young adults that you are! Regale each other with your grasp of theater history, post-RENT of course! Delight each other with your icon photos showing off your latest knock-offs from the club
re: Variety Article: Critics Hate Sondheim
 Dec 21 2004, 07:21:20 PM
And that, in fact, it reinforces what you bring to it. If you're an iconoclast, you walk away feeling that it speaks for you. If you're very religious and are already furious about this Piss Christ picture you've heard about, it reinforces your fury. So the comfort is having your point of view remain exactly the same before and after seeing it.

Which is what's interesting about Feingold's notion of "clarifying" positions.

re: Variety Article: Critics Hate Sondheim
 Dec 21 2004, 06:44:31 PM
I'd much rather see a wide variety of critics puzzling over Sondheim's art than, say, people making completely non-nuanced blanket criticisms of critics. ("They like nobody but themselves." Oh, okay. That's complex thinking.)

I remember seeing that gifted art nun, Sister Wendy, talking about Andres Serrano's controversial photo, Piss Christ, in which a crucifix floats in the amber hues of a jar of the artist's urine. When asked about it, she said and I am paraphrasing, "I looked at

re: Fake Crying
 Dec 21 2004, 01:36:24 PM
Do whatever it says in parentheses. WHATEVER it says. And yes, this means you too, you directors out there who think "Exit, persued by a bear" is optional. It is NOT.

If you need to cry, and you simply don't have the skills to act it, you can always cheat. I know one actress who had her dresser cut up onions and shove them in her face 30 seconds before she walked on. I'm not even sure why she needed a dresser since her outfit was basically a slip. But this is explains why Ned Bea

re: After Seeing Wicked, Could You Watch The Wizard Of Oz The Same?
 Dec 21 2004, 01:15:12 PM
I loved Maguire's big, messy, flawed, ambitious novel so much that when I finished reading it I really thought I would have a very hard time watching the Wizard of Oz the same way again. I was so looking forward to seeing the musical. Then I saw it. Now I have absolutely no trouble watching The Wizard of Oz. That whiny, indecisive green busy-otch deserves everything she gets and more. And her bubble-fying friend, too.
re: stupidity 101
 Dec 19 2004, 11:16:17 AM
You don't have to be kind about it. Just tell me.
re: stupidity 101
 Dec 19 2004, 12:46:03 AM
And can I just say that you should read the whole thread so you don't ironically point out previously pointed out ironies?
re: Stupidity 101
 Dec 18 2004, 01:35:18 PM
Helllllllllllllo? WHAT? Put down the mirror, and step away from the computer. I can tell from three posts that if we did meet you, we would have walked away. Quickly.
re: auditions out of the blue?
 Dec 18 2004, 01:06:20 PM
It's weird you would mention this. A couple years ago when I was modelling I met D. Scanlon of Thoroughly Modern Millie and he told me that I HAD to audition for the show. It was the weirdest thing, because I had totally given up the idea of acting even though it was my dream because nothing much was happening and well, modelling was paying the bills. I was sick of modelling though. I prefer to keep what happened next under wraps because people can be very mean here.
 Dec 18 2004, 01:01:51 PM
I am not trying to say anything. I am saying that my lover and I were at the La Cage party and it was very glamorous. Now what are you trying to say?
 Dec 18 2004, 12:37:30 PM
Especially when they throw such awesome cast parties that we can see and be seen at!
 Dec 18 2004, 12:23:59 PM
I wasn't sayin, I'm just sayin. I don't have perfect spelling at all, I was raised in the South! I just thought it looked bad and took away from your very important message that who do these people think they are with there opinions?! We should all be supportive in this business because until you have personally tried to write a score and songs you should not put down, you should support.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You