News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Musicals That Inspired You- Page 2

Musicals That Inspired You

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#25re: Musicals That Inspired You
Posted: 12/25/04 at 12:05am

STARLIGHT EXPRESS insipred me bcause it was the first really huge show I ever saw and it made me realize that scale and what could happen on a stage.

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#26re: Musicals That Inspired You
Posted: 12/25/04 at 7:58am

The first show I ever saw was "Brigadoon"... but it took a couple years later for me to really jump in to theater. Honestly, I barely even remember the production, (except for the chase through the audience to catch the runaway and how beautiful the song "From This Day On" was) since I was under 10 years old and had, up to that point, been a BIG kiddie jock- I played soccer for 8 years before messing up my knee nearly to the point of having it operated on. Fortunately, that injury coincided with me being cast in my first musical, "Fiddler on the Roof"....

... and the rest, as they say, is history.

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#27re: Musicals That Inspired You
Posted: 12/25/04 at 10:14am

As cliche as it sounds, it was definitley RENT, and still continues to be. When I first saw it six years ago, I left the theater in awe and with a completley different view of my life. Even though the cast is very different now and it isn't the big public deal it once was, Larson's story definitley inspired me.

check your personality Profile Photo
check your personality
#28re: Musicals That Inspired You
Posted: 12/25/04 at 11:06am

I had seen many shows before TMM, but it was the first show where I truly fell in love with Broadway - yes I'm very cheesy, but it's what really sparked my interest in knowing more about Broadway, and introducing me to new shows.

Videos