pixeltracker

Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked- Page 2

Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#25re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 5:58pm

I was a little surprised actually to see that Nessa and Boq had so little involvement in the cast recording and the show istelf since their characters are both the equivalent of Fiyero's etc in the book. I know they had to edit it for the stage but they could have at least balanced it out more. Now Nessa and Boq are just little side notes and they dont give them any chance at all to show their talents. I'm sorry that just kind of pissed me off because I really liked those characters and Fiyero's role in the book was only slightly larger but in the show he has 2 big songs and tons of stage time.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

BEKA531
#26re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 6:47pm

there are actually many people (myself included) that think fiyero should have an even larger, more developed character. fiyero has a much larger part than many of the characters in the novel, and the size of his role even rivals that of glinda's. he is in much of the "gillikin" part, and almost all of "city of emeralds".

i also wish they had experimented more with the blue diamonds on his skin, since they only emphasize once that he is a winkie prince.

if you didn't read the book, then you probably didn't understand any part of this post...

Thesbijean
#27re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:00pm

Umm, melissa errico fan, Joey was in it from July-January. I think anything more than 5 months is certainley not "not very long"

Dreamcatcher
#28re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:20pm

Yeah I think the blue diamonds would have been really cool. though I think they tried that and it ended up looking like heavy bruises from a distance. I think they could have worked something out though, like I really wish they would have stayed true to the book a little more. I know that they needed to edit some things but there are alot of parts that could have worked and didnt have to be edited.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#29re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 9:09pm

Yea apparently Nobert had blue diamonds in San Fran but they looked like brusies. Maybe everyone thought Kristen was beating him up.

They could have edited WWotE to include the singing parts and some dislogue but not enough to give away major plot points. It could have been done to save anyone from knowing that Nessa walks, Boq turns into the tinman and his heart was shrinking, also how Nessa blames Elphaba when Boq freaks out

BEKA531
#30re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 10:46pm

what i really don't understand is that - if they cut WWotE because of spoilers, then why is MotWH on the OBCR? it has spoilers, too...

Dreamcatcher
#31re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 10:51pm

If you think about it, all the songs on the OBCR are kind of spoilers. I really wish they had put in WWotE because for those of us who havent seen the show, it would help us understand the whole plot a little more. It's like giving us a version of the show where they've hacked and chopped off different songs at random intervals so we have a very incomplete view of the show. The only reason I knew that Nessa walked and Boq was the tinman was because I found a script of the show online. Before that I was just confused.

BEKA531
#32re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 10:57pm

you can't understand the show from only listening to the OBCR with most shows. the only one that i've totally understood it is rent, because it has SO LITTLE dialogue, so pretty much the whole show was on the CD.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#33re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 11:02pm

see what I liekd about the book was that Boq's part was so BIG!
Musical he had a little part!

which is why they should so make a movie of the book and cast Chris as Boq again

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

gravity87
#34re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 11:09pm

WWE could have been a great number, but it evoked to much of the "unlimited theme from the rest of the score and its borring (when you cant see the staging)

on the blue diamonds thing Elfaba is rejected for being different. Fiero is suposed oto be sexy, and if he has weird skin it would have just not worked

Dreamcatcher
#35re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 11:13pm

Yeah I know its so hard to understand the whole show with cast recordings. You can hear all the songs etc but A.) they are professionally recorded as opposed to live and B.) other then the songs you are left wondering what is going on while they are singing it and in between. In short it sucks but its the best we can get. RENT was great because the whole show is in song, basically, so by listening to the recording you get it. That and there is detailed summary in the lyrics booklet. But again, since its pre-recorded and professionally touched up I assume it doesnt sound as good as it would live and onstage which sucks. That and I'd love to see the accompanying choreography.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#36re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 11:18pm

Its like if you listen to the Miss Saigon soundtrack. She literally says in the last number, "My son. I'd give my life for you" and theres a friggin gunshot. And then "Kim! Why! Please don't die..." Its like, uh did she commit suicide, yes she did.... Did I know that before I saw the show, yeeesssss

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#37re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/8/05 at 12:37am

what wicked witch of the east song??? IS that in WICKED??? anyone tell me about it!!??

Videos