pixeltracker

Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked

Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked

Swiftynifty15
#0Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 9:33pm

I know there are spoilers but there could be a way around it to put it on the Wicked CD. I'm not crazy about the song but it is cool to watch on stage. What do you think of this song? Updated On: 2/5/05 at 09:33 PM

Swiftynifty15
#1re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 9:40pm

any thoughts on it? Any at all?.....lol Updated On: 2/5/05 at 09:40 PM

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#2re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 9:41pm

It's okay. The whole score is very mediocre. I can understand why it wasn't put on the cast album.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 9:42pm

They need a reason to do another CD in the future...

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Swiftynifty15
#4re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 9:44pm

I think they could have done more with the song. Like they put one line about
*Spoiler* on bottom

how the father died. That is important. They like skip over it Updated On: 2/5/05 at 09:44 PM

melissa errico fan
#5re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 9:46pm

Is Christopher Fitzgerald still in the show? If he is, when is he leaving? If not, who replaced him? I didn't like him at all.

Derech2
#6re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 9:46pm

Never seen the show, I enjoyed the song alot. It gave Michelle Ferderer a chance to show off her voice and we got more of a glimpse of Nessa's character and the relationship between her and Elphaba.

I'm not really sure how much they good do to put it on the soundtrack. There's a considerable amount of dialogue in between and it really does give away alot of the show. Even if you just take the vocal sections, it isn't that long is it? Not much more than 2 minutes or so?

Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde.

Swiftynifty15
#7re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 9:48pm

There is so much Dialogue in Dancing Through life and tey managed to do that. We also know he trned to tin on the Cd when he says it in March of the Witch huters.

melissa errico fan
#8re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 9:51pm

Also, is Joey Mac still playing Fiyero? I actually liked him.

Swiftynifty15
#9re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 9:53pm

No both Christopher and Joey left. David ayers is Fiyero and I think his name is Jeffery Kuhn plaing Boq?

seasons of love Profile Photo
seasons of love
#10re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 9:54pm

Chris and Joey have both left from the show. I loved Chris! He is certainly missed. David Ayers is playing Fiyero, and I believe Jeffery Kuhn is Boq right now.

"I am unfinished- I am diminished With or without you..."

melissa errico fan
#11re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 9:54pm

What else has Jeffrey Kuhn done? The name sounds familiar. Joey wasn't in the show for very long. Is Jeffrey Kuhn related to Judy Kuhn?

Swiftynifty15
#12re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 9:55pm

JEFFREY KUHN (Boq) last appeared on Broadway as Giuseppe Zangara in the Tony Award winning production of Assassins. Previous Broadway: Ragtime (original cast). As a member of Canada's renowned Stratford Festival, his credits include Love's Labour's Lost, Antony and Cleopatra, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Romeo and Juliet, The Illusion, The Tempest, Twelfth Night, Treasure Island and Timon of Athens, starring Brian Bedford. Off-Broadway: Playwrights Horizons concert staging of Floyd Collins. Regionally: Alliance Theatre, The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis, Prince Music Theater, Cincinnati Playhouse. Additionally, the original Canadian company of The Lion King (Zazu), The Who's Tommy (Cousin Kevin), George F. Walker's Nothing Sacred (Gregor).

melissa errico fan
#13re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 9:58pm

I knew it! He was fantastic as Zangara! What a performance, what a show.

Swiftynifty15
#14re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 10:06pm

Theres also some new cast pictures on the website.

melissa errico fan
#15re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 10:07pm

I really can't see him as Boq.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#16re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 10:11pm

the only thing that bugs me is his headband thing..I know it has its purpose, but still....

and *sigh* he's also not Christopher Fitzgerald BUT I've talked too much about him soooo the end.

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#17re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/5/05 at 10:21pm

WWofE is actually my favorite number in the entire show. I'm sad it never made it to the Cast Recording, but then again it did have a lot of spoilers

Sant
#18re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 1:21pm

Yes there's a lot of dialogue during DANCING THROUGH LIFE and even DEFYING GRAVITY which were cut from the cd, but in both cases there's still a lot of music to be recorded without giving away the plot turns. But in WICKED WITCH OF THE EAST even the singing parts contain things that might be considered as 'spoilers' so cutting all those lines and the dialogue wouldn't leave much to be recorded. That's why the WWotE wasn't included in the cd.

The scene WICKED WITCH OF THE EAST was a good one, even though I felt it was a little too hurried, they could have given those events a little bit more time and make the scene a bit longer. Now it's a bit rushed.

And I don't know if it was intentional or not, but by the scene WWotE we had already had the Lion in the story and in this scene we also got The Witch and The Wardrobe... I thought it was a funny detail. re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked

IdinaRocks Profile Photo
IdinaRocks
#19re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 1:26pm

That's funny lol, I never realized that

BEKA531
#20re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 1:44pm

WWotE is also one of my favorite songs. there are copies of it out there, even though it didn't make it to the cast recording. re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked

i HATE that they cut out so much from songs like defying gravity. the "IT'S MEEEEEE" note that elphaba sings as she rises up on the flying machine is one of my favorite notes in the show, and it was cut from the OBCR.

EDIT - tucking fypos Updated On: 2/6/05 at 01:44 PM

Brandon Profile Photo
Brandon
#21re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 3:20pm

whats a spoiler?

Is it written in the stars are we paying for some crime is that all that we are good for just a strand of mortal time-AIDA THE MUSICAL

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#22re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 3:52pm

i used to not care for the song..but it has become 1 of my top favorites.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#23re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 4:01pm

I really wish they had put the WWotE scene/song on the soundtrack. I really love Chris and Michelle and I found it sad that they had so little involvement in the OBCR. I mean Chris only had that tiny bit in Dancing Through Life and the small solo in Witch Hunters. And Michelle's solo didnt really show her talent well. I think they could have kept some of the things they took out in the cast recording.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#24re: Wicked Witch of the East song in Wicked
Posted: 2/6/05 at 5:08pm

::nods head:: Amen Dreamcathcer

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Videos