APPLEGATE TOUGH TO CORE

riv
#25re: APPLEGATE TOUGH TO CORE
Posted: 3/16/05 at 5:00pm

You don't break your ankle and a few days later be capable of doing anything but jogging. That's garbage. Nothing but silly spin.

Charlotte's listed in the Times ABC's now and that's the way it should stay.

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#26re: APPLEGATE TOUGH TO CORE
Posted: 3/16/05 at 5:11pm

re: APPLEGATE TOUGH TO CORE

AHHHHHHHH! ! ! ! !
NOOOOOOOO! ! ! ! !

Updated On: 3/16/05 at 05:11 PM

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#27re: APPLEGATE TOUGH TO CORE
Posted: 3/16/05 at 5:34pm

I really hope Applegate makes it to Broadway. She really deserves it after all the work she put into the show.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

jjdude2000
#28re: APPLEGATE TOUGH TO CORE
Posted: 3/16/05 at 5:40pm

They've already changed the website for the cast changes except Christina.

Grace: I just gave a quarter to a homeless man. I think it was Johnny Depp.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#29re: APPLEGATE TOUGH TO CORE
Posted: 3/16/05 at 5:55pm

Applegate fractured her foot. She didn't break her ankle. There is a huge difference.

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#30re: APPLEGATE TOUGH TO CORE
Posted: 3/16/05 at 6:13pm

Charlotte on the phone:

"Dammit, Tonya, it didn't work! That b!tch may pull this off!"

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
Updated On: 3/16/05 at 06:13 PM

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#31re: APPLEGATE TOUGH TO CORE
Posted: 3/16/05 at 6:15pm

at first i thought: stunt casting, but than i saw the BWAY.COM video and was like "damn this chick rocks!!! shes so determined!" im rooooting for ya Christina! rock on! ill buy a tic, even if the reviews are horrific.

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#32re: APPLEGATE TOUGH TO CORE
Posted: 3/16/05 at 6:19pm

I have tix for April 30th..
If Christina is not on, I'll get a refund from TeleCharge (They are offering refunds) and do the rush/standing later on...

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#33re: APPLEGATE TOUGH TO CORE
Posted: 3/16/05 at 6:23pm

I'm holding off for now -- If its clear that Applegate isn't going to continue with the production, I'll refund my full price ticket and do TKTS, where no doubt the show will be.

Sorry, Charlotte -- love ya babe, but Im not paying 100 bucks on a ticket for ya.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#34re: APPLEGATE TOUGH TO CORE
Posted: 3/16/05 at 7:10pm

I know there are many Charlotte fans out there, but here is my take on the matter. Fran and Barry are succesful because they bring names into their revivals. Bebe Newirth, Rosie O, Bernadette, Reba, etc. Christina is a major sell for the show with her name alone. Honestly, when a tourist comes to NYC, especially the midwesterners, and they see Sweet Charity starring Charlotte D'Amboise, they are going to question what show and who, not knowing that the famed song "Big Spender" is in it. (Believe me folks, just because you know a B'way song and what show it's from doesn't mean the rest of America does.) Now, if Chrisyina is in it, they will recognize her from MWC, and see it, because she is a household name.
We're way past the Shirley McClaine days. Hardly anyone outside of NYC had even heard of Audra McDonald or Lea Salonga, or even Patti LuPone.
I guarentee that if Charlotte is headlining, the show will not sell, and it will be another Wonderful Town scenerio (Donna Murphy - Broadway actress replaced by Brooke - movie/tv star).
The show won't last.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

Videos