News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

If you missed Kerry Butler singing "Part of Your World"...- Page 2

If you missed Kerry Butler singing "Part of Your World"...

Joshua488
#25re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/20/05 at 8:12pm

Seth Rudetsky added in the measures from "Somewhere That's Green" into "Part of Your World" himself because it fits perfectly. The audio file cuts off before he asks Kerry if she noticed that he sampled "Somewhere That's Green" at the end.

The song was not written like that. Updated On: 3/20/05 at 08:12 PM

Thesbijean
#26re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/20/05 at 8:24pm

Up In Won, she DID tell me, now why don't you get Up In Out of here?

Joshua488
#27re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/20/05 at 8:25pm

Why are you being a bitch?

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#28re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/20/05 at 8:28pm

someday you'll see, i'm going to be, part of your world...
far from skid row, some day we'll go, somewhere that's green...

EXACTLY the same! But it's no wonder because they were written by the same composer and lyricist. I noticed this years ago...

Joshua488
#29re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/20/05 at 8:30pm

The individual lines "...part of your world" and "...somewhere that's green" are different by a few notes, but they are definitely very similar! Good observations!

Up In Won
#30re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/20/05 at 8:32pm

Wow. Someone thinks everything is about them.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

stylinbohemian
#31re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/20/05 at 8:34pm

Kerry Butler yay!!!!!!

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

Broadway Style Profile Photo
Broadway Style
#32re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/21/05 at 10:56pm

Well, I would like to hear her sing it without a cold to actually see what she would sound like as Ariel....It sucks to have a cold and have to sing, I understand no one sounds that great. I will wait to hear it sans cold before I make a judgement-just to be fair y'know.

"Fidelity is more than mere display, it's what a man expects from life. Fidelity, like mine to Desiree and Charlotte my devoted wife..."

#33re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/21/05 at 11:34pm

I have nothing against Kerry Butler, but she does seem to, well, put on characterizations instead of just acting. Perhaps that's because she's done mostly you know, those kind of characters (Audrey, Penny), but she also did it with Belle. I just don't think that Ariel should be a caricature. She needs to be played straight.

I enjoy Kerry's voice, but I don't think she's the quintessential Ariel and I would rather she didn't play her if/when the show comes to Broadway.

whimsical
#34re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/22/05 at 12:10am

I really wish I could have heard her do Belle. If she pulled Belle off, then surely she'll be able to pull Ariel off. So how was she as Belle? Updated On: 3/22/05 at 12:10 AM

#35re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/22/05 at 12:45am

She was in fine voice when she sang Belle, but it was like she was doing a caricature of Belle, not actually being Belle, you know what I mean? I don't know how to explain it.

cathyhyatt
#36re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/22/05 at 11:37am

such a character actress thats why...
but thats annoying

i mean i cant ever see her ebing seriously into the character emotionally...she dopesnt seem very well rounded...

and it makes me made that she played eponine..that is SUCH an emotional role..

"You won't fight without layers of armor Suit on up and come brace my sword You look back when the pieces are missing Hollowed out hope that no time can restore."

bobbysworld Profile Photo
bobbysworld
#37re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/22/05 at 11:43am

I'm not so impressed with this recording...and i dont think she has that "classic disney quality" to her voice that would make her a good Ariel.

Now, Ashley Brown---currently with On The Record---would be a PERFECT Ariel...her voice is seemless and sounds FIERCE singing disney tunes---especially Ariel's stuff...

Ebonic_Singer
#38re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/22/05 at 4:04pm

AWSOME!! THANKS!

Ebonic_Singer
#39re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/22/05 at 4:10pm

And Kerry Butler IS a young talent. Outside of the theater district, Kerry Butler is not a "huge star." Yes, she has done big roles, but if many people don't even know who Donna Murphy is, they won't know Kerry Butler. It'd be great for her.

And I think her voice fits the role perfectly. She chooses to sing like that for that specific song--she doesn't sound like that in bat boy. She has a "young soudning" voice that can suit the role extremely well.

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#40re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/22/05 at 4:22pm

For those contesting the end of Part of Your World and Somewhere That's Green, here you go: The chord progressions are very similar. The structure is basically the same (A-B-A-B-C-B-coda) and the last three notes are EXACTLY the same. No contest there. The first note of the phrase "part of your world"/"somewhere that's green" is different.

The main reason why we (or at least I) give him a hard time about it is because he wrote both songs. It's more just poking fun. If someone else wrote Part of Your World I would totally bash them. Haha.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#41re: If you missed Kerry Butler singing 'Part of Your World'...
Posted: 3/22/05 at 4:24pm

I don't like her in this song.

I'm a bit tired of the Disney heroines being Pop-ish girly misunderstood sounding. The gal in the original movie was just that enough but not over girlish. I don't think Kerry is very good in this. (She's fabulous in other things!) But not this.

Videos