pixeltracker

"Toot sweets toot sweets" aka my Chitty review...- Page 2

"Toot sweets toot sweets" aka my Chitty review...

Chrysanthemum62001
#25re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 12:50pm

Oooh, and I keep forgetting to say this...
I was most happy and proud to see that in the Playbill, the marquee page is designed as such:

Blah blah blah blah blah blah
present
RAUL ESPARZA
ERIN DILLY PHILIP BOSCO
in
CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG

Yes, I am such a dork. But that made me happy.

ETA: Damn, I spent all that time centering everything correctly, and then it didn't post right. Oh well, my point is, he is the headlining the show!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL
Updated On: 3/28/05 at 12:50 PM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#26re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 1:01pm

That makes me happy too!!
Top billing. YAY!!!!!!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

kec Profile Photo
kec
#27re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:00pm

Thanks for your early review... Sounds like things in the show are going well.

I have one question, and you can PM me the answer if you please -- so as not to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet. After Me Ole Bamboo, when the man goes up to Caractacus to buy his hair cutting machine... what was the name on the check and what was the man's profession? I've seen the London production, so I know what they used there, so I'm curious as to how they adapted that for U.S. audiences?

Thanks.

Chrysanthemum62001
#28re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:03pm

Check your pm's!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

luvtheEmcee
#29re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:04pm

*bounces for no apparent reason*

Chrysanthemum62001
#30re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:05pm

*does a tap dance and smiles*

I heart this musical.

luvtheEmcee
#31re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:05pm

*counts days*

*practices saying Caractacus*

Chrysanthemum62001
#32re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:06pm

LOL! Emcee, I can't tell you how thrilled I am that someone can be as thrilled as I am!

Chrysanthemum62001
#33re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:07pm

*applauds* YOU DID IT! re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets'  aka my Chitty review...

luvtheEmcee
#34re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:08pm

And I haven't even seen it yet!

I anticipate several things happening that night: me hyperventilating, and me needing CPR so I don't laugh myself to death.

Updated On: 3/28/05 at 03:08 PM

Chrysanthemum62001
#35re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:13pm

Time to move in! re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets'  aka my Chitty review...

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#36re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:20pm

Chrys, so glad to read your review. Chitty was a childhood favorite of mine and I was so excited when they decided to bring it over here. Throwing Raul in the mix just made it all the more sweeter! re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets'  aka my Chitty review...

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

LouW95
#37re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:34pm

For weeks I have been telling you folks to remember Chitty whentalking about this season's highlights. Forget awards, reviews, etc. this will be this seasons box office long term winner! The other shows are fine but Chitty is a tuneful spectacle for all ages.

Chrysanthemum62001
#38re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:46pm

I agree Bdwaygirl! I was personally hoping for Michael Ball. But this...oh, this is way better... Raul is like the cherry on top! re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets'  aka my Chitty review...

kec Profile Photo
kec
#39re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 3:55pm

Chrysanthemum, thanks for the PM, to which I have responded.

I agree with your comment on Michael Ball, it would have been so nice to see him on Broadway in Chitty...

But then I wouldn't have been able to see his fantastic performance as Count Fosco in Woman in White. Oh, the man does a baddie so very well...re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets'  aka my Chitty review...

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#40re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 4:48pm

I can't believe I missed out on so much of this thread already! *kicks computer for not working*
I got a ticket for Wednesday night's performance and I'm really really looking forward to it.

Chrysanthemum62001
#41re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 4:55pm

Awww, Britt! We missed you! It's just not a Raul thread with you!

Eeeep! Oh, I know you are going to love the show!!! You *have* to tell me what you think of Raul's entrance!!!

suzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
#42re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 5:05pm

I'm really looking forward to seeing this show. I don't know anything about the story (never saw the movie) but I'm a big fan of Raul Esparza and Kevin Cahoon. Do you think that my 21 yr-old boyfriend would like it? He loves musicals (but hated the Lion King) and tends to be wary of anything aimed at children. He also has a major car fetish, so this could be right up his alley. Does it have a deep enough plot? Also, is the music very strong?

Thanks!

Chrysanthemum62001
#43re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 6:06pm

Um, maybe. I didn't like The Lion King, but I loved this show.
I really think he should. In a way, there are some things that weren't geared towards adults. There were cannons and gun shots that constantly scared the hell out of me. And might I refer back to the Childcather. Kevin Cahoon is brilliant. I think if you are going to like any thing about the show, he will be it. He is so fantastic. I love how creepy he is. And he's got a few tricks up his sleeve too. And Marc, too. He is so much fun to watch.

Lori
#44re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 6:44pm

Chrys...thanks for the review...I'm smiling reading it because your enthusiasm is contagious! I was thinking I'd pass on the show on Broadway but I think I've changed my mind. I really hope it does well here!

(and I didn't like the Lion King either..Chitty is a very different experience)

"Take Care! When I am thwarted I am very terrible!"

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#45re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 6:48pm

Wow...thanks so much for that fabulous review :) I need to see it. Now.

musicgal04 Profile Photo
musicgal04
#46re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 7:48pm

How were the kids?

Chrysanthemum62001
#47re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 7:57pm

Yes, YES! Everyone should go see this!

It's wonderful!!!!

Hah! I talked to my best friend today. She saw Michael Ball in Chitty back in 2002. We've been arguing about who would be better for quite sometimes now. Her favorite actor is Michael, and well, mine is that green eyed beauty in my avatar. Guess who won! She's gonna come with my sixty seven year old mom, and my twenty year old nephew sometimes this spring to watch the show! I can't wait for them to see it! My family is going to go nuts! And none of them have ever seen Raul perform, so they are in for a REAL treat. How exciting is that?!!!

Chrysanthemum62001
#48re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 8:04pm

You mean the two children who played Jemima and Jeremy?

They were very good child actors. I enjoyed their performance. They were cute, but they weren't gripping, either. I'm probably not the best to say because my attention was most likely elsewhere.

musicgal04 Profile Photo
musicgal04
#49re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 8:12pm

Are there any rush tickets/lottery going on yet...or any plans for them in the future?

Videos