paradox_error
#25re: religious broadway songs
Posted: 6/28/05 at 8:25am

MEF and GOV - I love you both!!!

singingwendy Profile Photo
singingwendy
#26re: religious broadway songs
Posted: 6/28/05 at 8:59am

You might want to check that you are permitted to use "non-sacred" songs in worship. I've sung at a few different churches that were very strict about what they permitted during a service. At one wedding we were even leery about "One Hand, One Heart". At another, they didnt' really even like the idea of me singing a Michael W. Smith ( a contemporary Christian singer) song. Personally, I think it's great to take a "secular" song and put some "sacred" meaning behind it, but not everyone thinks that way.

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#27re: religious broadway songs
Posted: 6/28/05 at 9:03am

How Blest We Are - Big River

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

worrell4077
#28re: religious broadway songs
Posted: 6/28/05 at 10:16am

I don't know if it counts but there is Listen to Jesus, Jimmy from Reefer Madness.

stacey
#29re: religious broadway songs
Posted: 6/28/05 at 10:59am

I'm sure you could do "You'll Never Walk Alone" from Carousel.

Barihunk Profile Photo
Barihunk
#30re: religious broadway songs
Posted: 6/28/05 at 11:36am

I'd recommend "A Simple Song" from Bernstein's "Mass". I sing it in churches all the time.
I also second the "Christmas Song" from Songs for a New World. I've heard it done in churches quite often and it always goes over well.

"When you're a gay man, you have to feel good about yourself when a urologist says, "Yeah. I pick you". - Happy Endings
Updated On: 6/28/05 at 11:36 AM

Gothampc
#31re: religious broadway songs
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:08pm

Pass The Cross to Me from Shenandoah

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Clark Sayre2
#32re: religious broadway songs
Posted: 11/20/18 at 8:46pm

I've just recorded a new album called Broadway Songs of the Spirit which all have that spiritual component. Probably most are not the first songs that would pop into your head. Give a listen: https://sites.google.com/view/clark-sayre-studios/broadway-songs-of-the-spirit/sample-tracks?authuser=0 (Yes, I've cleared all the rights.) 

Videos