pixeltracker

*Les Miserables-school edition*- Page 2

*Les Miserables-school edition*

Teeny Todd Profile Photo
Teeny Todd
#25re: les miserables school edition
Posted: 7/16/05 at 5:53pm

I did it my senior year of high school and played Thenardier. It was the most fulfilling acting experience I've ever had. The show is drastically cut in some places, the most awful being Valjean and Javert's duet after Fantine's death, where Javert reveals that he was born in the gutter, and the first half of "Stars," which renders the song somewhat confusing at first. Those instances aside, the cuts are pretty well thought out and welcome.

Break a leg, I hope you get in.

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#26re: les miserables school edition
Posted: 7/16/05 at 8:25pm

I agree with you bwaybaby... he was born in central PA, went to college in central PA, now he lives with his family in central PA... you do the math, he stayed in the awful bubble. I, on the other hand, can't wait to get out of here. Anyway, I don't know how your production of Les Mis went, but I hope your director was fair.

~kangaroo

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#27re: les miserables school edition
Posted: 7/16/05 at 9:49pm

It was the most amaving production that central PA has ever seen....which is where i am from......we sold out our entire run

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#28re: les miserables school edition
Posted: 7/16/05 at 9:51pm

What school bwaybaby18?

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

astonishing
#29re: les miserables school edition
Posted: 7/17/05 at 4:49pm

does anyone have any monologue suggestions ?
I usually do a comical one called "lipstick," but i just don't think that would fit lol

so any suggestions are helpful
ps i am most interested in playing cossette

edit for kangaroo: i'm really sorry that you had a bad experience, that really sucks about your friend:-/
i hate racist people!

astonishing
#30re: les miserables school edition
Posted: 7/18/05 at 1:21pm

buump

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#31re: les miserables school edition
Posted: 7/18/05 at 2:30pm

I just got done doing Les Miserables School Edition, we closed yesterday. I played Jean Valjean and I had no problems with the revised script. Yes, some lyrics and music were cut from Valjean's and Javert's face off after Fantine dies, but I don't think it hinders the show. Also, there are cuts made in "Castle on a Cloud," "Lovely Ladies," "Stars," and some of the battle stuff, but it all helps simplify the story to a better understanding.

I hold no grudges against the School Edition, I LOVED performing it. This show really is an honor to be a part of no matter where you do it or who you do it with. The music is gorgeous and everyone gets to show off so many of their talents.

Our cast didn't have much diversity in it either, except with ages. I did it with a Youth Company in Dallas. I hope you get what you're looking for and let us know how your show goes.

Break a leg!

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

Videos