pixeltracker

Broadway on Broadway 2005- Page 2

Broadway on Broadway 2005

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#25Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 8/18/05 at 10:51pm

Christina may very well do this; big stars have definitely done it. Broadway on Broadway 2005

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Chrysanthemum62001
#26Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 8/18/05 at 11:01pm

I am *SO* freaking excited about this! I nearly wet myself last year when Sutton Foster sang Astonishing.

As for this year, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a preview of Michael Cerveris singing something from Sweeney Todd.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Dollypop
#27Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 8/18/05 at 11:04pm

I just know it's gonna be amazing!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

YankeesFan175
#28Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 8/19/05 at 12:09am

i would LOVE to see matthew morrison and kelli o'hara sing say it somehow from piazza, or at least see one song from piazza.

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

PJ
#29Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 8/19/05 at 2:52am

This will be my first Broadway on Broadway. I'm excited.

MissNY
#30Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 8/19/05 at 10:04am

I would guess "Bravest Idividual" from Charity. I wouldnt be surprised if Christina did perform, BoB is a big deal and stars have often performed. Wicked did "For Good" last year, I highly doubt they would do it again. "What is This Feeling" would be great, but you need the ensemble for that. It's fun to try and guess though

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#31Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 8/19/05 at 10:08am

Oh my, i'm so excited! I have no predictions...but anything will make me happy! Can't wait for the 21st. I wish it would come faster!

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#32Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 8/21/05 at 11:30am

"Wicked" is probably doing "Popular." Think about it.. they did "The Wizard and I" in 2003 and "For Good" last year. That really only leaves "Popular" left to be done where the ensemble isnt needed, unless they do a solo version of "Defying Gravity" or "No Good Deed," but I seriously doubt either.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

softershade Profile Photo
softershade
#33Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 9/5/05 at 2:53pm

this is going to be my first time i'll be in town and able to make it to broadway on broadway so does anyone have any idea of what time i should get there so i get a good spot?

#34Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 9/5/05 at 6:45pm

Why does Broadway do everything on Sundays? *grumble*

But I do hope that Piazza does something, I think I'd be awesome if the cast did Aiutami! [I guess they probably wouldn't, maybe Octet... featuring the entire cast?] I really hope Piazza does do something though, I agree with the previous staters that mentioned Matty should come back and do something with Piazza.
I don't know much about this, but if anyone has clips from previous years... PLEASE PM ME! I'll search here also.

Thanks, and I expect full reports and clips when you guys get back from Broadway on Broadway Broadway on Broadway 2005... though it's not until Sept 18th
--korenglish

Dollypop
#35Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 9/5/05 at 9:38pm

I also think PIAZZA should do something. It wouldn't be good if PIAZZA wasn't there because PIAZZA is, you know, amazing and all that. So let's just hope PIAZZA does something because I'm sure WICKED will do something and if WICKED is there then Piazza should be there to. That's right, isn't it?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

flirtandflounce Profile Photo
flirtandflounce
#36Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 9/6/05 at 1:15am

I'm so excited! Hopefully I'll be able to see it live.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#37Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 9/6/05 at 8:10am

I highly doubt Matt would perform something from Piazza, this is all about previewing the season so they either have current performers or performers who will be stepping in shortly.

Grr, I have a retirement party for my aunt that day. Doubtful I'll be able to go. Hrmph.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Cabchic
#38Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 9/6/05 at 8:12am

I've never been to this before. Any idea on what time to get there for a decent spot?
I would think Spamalot would do a number with the whole cast involved, maybe Knights of the Roundtable, as they did Grail for the Tonys.
Does every show do a number? I'm surprised the site hasn't put any infor up yet.

Phantomerik15 Profile Photo
Phantomerik15
#39Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 9/6/05 at 9:48am

oh! i almost forgot about this! i went last year and it was a blast even though i had to stand for the whole duration! im thinking of going this year as well.

Back, he spurred like a madman, shrieking a curse to the sky. With the white road smoking behind him and his rapier brandished high! Blood-red were the spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat, when they shot him down on the highway, down like a dog on the highway, and he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat... (The Highwayman. Sung by: Loreena McKennitt)

#40Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 9/6/05 at 3:56pm

Christina Applegate and John Lithgow to host this year's Broadway on Broadway...

[paraphasing]
expecting performances from almost every show currently on Broadway [including Light in the Piazza!], and some coming up this new season.

--korenglish
The newest details...

Marc Profile Photo
Marc
#41Broadway on Broadway 2005
Posted: 9/6/05 at 4:58pm

is rosie o'donnell going to be there?????!!!!!!!!!!!

Videos