News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for softershade

softershade Profile Photo
Member Name: softershade
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SEMINAR Rush Inquiry  Jan 14 2012, 05:17:32 PM
BUMP again!

Does anyone know how crowded rush has been lately? I'm planning on trying for an upcoming Friday night if anyone has any insight. Also, where have the seats been lately?

re: Met Opera Chorus anyone?  Feb 16 2009, 02:09:25 PM
If you were to be hired in the Met chorus do not take it for granted for one second. As SporkGoddess said there are tons of people who would kill for the position, and I count myself as one of them.
I'm not sure how the contracts for the Met's chorus works, but I do know that in Europe a professional chorus member contract is very hard to get out of, or even advance to leading roles.

re: The Best Female Voice on Broadway  Feb 3 2009, 11:39:21 AM
Audra McDonald, Victoria Clark, Christine Ebersole, and Sara Ramirez are my picks.
re: Kate Mulgrew to star in Paper Mill's MASTER CLASS!  Jan 13 2009, 02:35:51 AM
I am all over this. Can't wait!
re: ABC to Present 'Broadway Backstage: Fall Preview', Hosted by Tom Wopat  Oct 25 2008, 11:46:31 AM
7:30 PM
re: Who Do You Sound Like?  Sep 19 2008, 11:27:19 PM
Most recently I was compared to a young Maria Callas.
re: Lennon the Musical - In Yiddish!  Sep 10 2008, 10:39:27 PM
Funny, but that song was never in Lennon.

:)

re: Shoshana's record finally has a release date!  Aug 22 2008, 11:56:33 AM
The cover art reminds me A LOT of Leona Lewis' CD cover...
re: Jason Robert Brown Posts Singing Contest On His Blog  Aug 5 2008, 01:34:51 AM
Here is my friend Amanda's entry...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWCL92EE8j0&fmt=18

[/shameless plug]

re: LuPone's Memoir to be released in 2010  Jun 17 2008, 11:16:18 PM
There should be a midnight release party in the city reminiscent of the Harry Potter parties.
re: Is anyone else going to GYPSY tomorrow night?  Jun 16 2008, 04:52:25 PM
Wish I was back in the city to be there! Hell, I wish I was back in the city already just to see the show again period. September seems so far away.
re: Wait i thought NONE of these girls were EVER on Broadway for ELLE  Jun 4 2008, 12:39:22 AM
"So Much Better" really isn't as high as they were making it out to be even for belting standards. One of the hardest songs on Broadway? Not so much. It's a up-tempo song with a handful of key changes.

Back on topic, I'm not opposed to the idea of the contestants having previous professional work, including on Broadway, since it at least sets them up for being able to handle the 8 shows a week a little better than someone without the prior experience.

re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie  May 31 2008, 02:42:14 PM
The entire movie was like a Where's Waldo filled with Broadway folk. I loved it!
re: Saved-Student rush  May 14 2008, 05:22:30 PM
I tried to rush for the Sunday evening show and I got there an hour before and people were already lined up. Also they were giving the available tickets away to people who put their names down for full price tickets before the students. I didn't end up getting a ticket, but two people infront of me who asked for student tickets were lucky and did.

re: You know you're hopelessly addicted to GYPSY when...  May 11 2008, 02:00:20 AM
You honestly have no idea how you are going to be able to go a whole three months without seeing it.
re: SAVED first preview cancelled tonight  May 9 2008, 05:03:08 PM
They should add a Monday show to make up for the cancellation and to give people who won the tickets fair chance.

I know I already said this, but if there is anyone who has extra tickets to the Sunday evening show please PM me. I'm going home Tuesday afternoon for the summer and won't be able to see the show any other time. I was hoping to get rush Sunday, but because the performance is sold out there isn't any rush.

re: SAVED first preview cancelled tonight  May 9 2008, 02:01:59 PM
If someone can't use their tickets for Sunday please PM me! I'm willing to pay more than the $5.
re: A Catered Affair to have RUSH SEATS  Apr 25 2008, 05:42:30 PM
Does anyone think they will have a rush policy by tomorrow's matinee?
re: Good Luck on 'Dancing with the Stars' Marissa!  Apr 21 2008, 09:33:13 PM
Loved Marissa's waltz! The group dance was pretty much a free for all, but it was still fun to see everyone dancing together.
Remember to vote! I already used up all of my phone votes.

re: What RECENT Original Score Should Sh-k-boom Record Next?  Apr 20 2008, 11:27:46 PM
Next To Normal with the 2nd Stage cast.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You