pixeltracker

See What I Wanna See Closing Show- Page 2

See What I Wanna See Closing Show

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#25re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/5/05 at 11:24am

I find that funny, too. Audra is no Idina? I like Idina well enough, but Audra has much more training, range, and flavor to her voice than Menzel. The role Idina just played was written for Audra who turned it down (due to a TV commitment) before Idina got it.
Updated On: 12/5/05 at 11:24 AM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#26re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/5/05 at 11:26am

It's alllll about the perspective.

Slightly backwards, if you ask me, but whatever. And I like Idina.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#27re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/5/05 at 11:28am

Well, hmmm...I don't know if vocal power is really about perspective. Audra clearly has a wider vocal range than Menzel.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#28re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/5/05 at 11:31am

Not if Idina's the best person EVER!!!111!!

Personally, I sort of think it's a bit unfair to compare their voices, because the sorts of things their voices are best suited for are kind of different. Well, a lot different, I guess, with the exception of SWIWS. In terms of credentials, that might be a different story.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#29re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/5/05 at 11:46am

True, their voices are different. I just think saying Idina is no Audra, in terms of SWIWS is a gross misstatement.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#30re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/5/05 at 2:11pm

Bobby, it's all a matter of opinion. As far as the song "See What I Wanna See," I most definitely prefer Idina's rendition. It's a jazzy song, and it happens to suit Idina's voice better than Audra's in my opinion.

Audra may have more variety, but for a piece like this, it's perfectly reasonable that someone may prefer Menzel's vocals.

ihearttheatre
#31re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/5/05 at 2:59pm

ihearttheatre, did you have tape on your sweater?

Not to my knowelge, no. Gosh I hope not! ..but I wasn't wearing a sweater- just a normal shirt.

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#32re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/5/05 at 3:04pm

Just a random stalkerish remark, because I was there...and there was someone who was chatting with Mark who had tape on their red sweater that I removed.

ihearttheatre
#33re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/5/05 at 3:09pm

hahaha- wasn't me, but I was probably standing right there.

shameless Profile Photo
shameless
#34re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/5/05 at 4:06pm

If the Sunday matinee was the last show, I was there.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be enbered with your old nonsense. ~ Emerson

Videos