pixeltracker

See What I Wanna See Closing Show

See What I Wanna See Closing Show

Kicks8567
#0See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:02pm

I saw SWIWS today for the final performance and was completely blown away. LaChiusa's score is amazing and so is the entire cast. I admit I did originally buy the ticket for Idina, but the whole show turned out to be amazing. I can't wait for the OCR to come out. Updated On: 12/4/05 at 07:02 PM

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#1re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:16pm

Glad you enjoyed it...but dont mention bootleg here. Its against the rules and you may get bombasted with IMs lol.

Anyway, anything special happen tonight? ie speeches, goofs?

sweeneyfan
#2re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:20pm

DON'T SAY THE B WORD!!!!

Yes, what's the dirt on the last performance?

"Cor! me bones is weary!" -Mrs. Lovett

elphieisperky
#3re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:38pm

Aw, I gave an extra ticket we had to my friend, and I don't think she knew it closed today! Poor thing.

So yeah, what's up with the last show? Anything special?

Kicks8567
#4re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:41pm

No speeches or anything....only a cast party which prevented the cast from coming out to sign-lol.

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#5re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:57pm

Awww...Oh well. At least you can say you were there.

wowobball2000 Profile Photo
wowobball2000
#6re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 8:03pm

How long do you think it will be until the cast recording comes out?

"Will the world remember you when you fall?" Les Miserables

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#7re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 8:05pm

Are they making a recording?

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

BSoBW2
#8re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 8:06pm

Yes...Jan

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#9re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 8:08pm

They couldn't come out and sign and go back to the party?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#10re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 8:37pm

There were TONS of teenage girls waiting there. It would have taken forever. So..no. They couldn't have. It would have been ridiculous.

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#11re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 8:40pm

I was there too - GREAT show - emotions were very high.

And I agree about them not coming out... when we left through the lobby there looked to be... I'm bad at numbers... 80? people crowded in the lobby, all armed with cameras, many with Wicked shirts on, if that gives you any idea.

I don't blame the cast for carrying on with their party inside.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

ihearttheatre
#12re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 8:45pm

I was there too! Marc Kudisch's replacement briefly came out and I talked to him, but the lobby was filled with Idina groupies. Anyway, great show..saw it a few weeks ago and it was amazing then, but this time was much better! I'm craving the recording.

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#13re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 8:47pm

i loved this show, i'm so glad i got to see the final performance. i had seen it in previews, and although nothing out of the ordinary happened today, i actually liked it quite a bit more than i did the first time i saw it. i was sad, however, not to see marc kudisch.

there appeared to be a ton of people waiting to have things signed when i left, so i can understand why they probably decided not to come out.

Feathah Profile Photo
Feathah
#14re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 9:50pm

Damn. Can't believe I never got around to seeing this one. Too little money and time.

"The theater is my life. I live it. I breathe it. I fondle it till it falls asleep." Jack (Will And Grace) http://feathah.blogspot.com

ashley0139
#15re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 9:53pm

Oh wow, I didn't know it closed so soon. Crazy. I saw it on the 20th and loved it. I have had "Glorydays" and "See What I Wanna See" stuck in my head since and it's driving me crazy not to be able to hear it.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Alli579 Profile Photo
Alli579
#16re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 9:54pm

I just got home to Philly after seeing this show today. It was really wonderful. The cast is just amazing. There weren't any speeches or anything, but at the curtain call, you could tell the cast was sad to be taking their final bows. Idina Menzel, in particular, was teary eyed, and looked upset to be walking off the stage. I waited in the lobby for a short time after the show. The crowd was pretty large, but no one seemed crazy obsessive or anything. I can't blame the actors for not coming out to sign.

On a side note, I had the great pleasure of meeting Law and Order's S. Epatha Merkerson in line for the bathroom! She was such a kind woman! I was thrilled to get the chance to speak with her.

PJ
#17re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 9:57pm

I was at the final performance this afternoon. I was disappointed when there was no curtain call speech or anything.

ihearttheatre
#18re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 10:05pm

During intermission, I kept looking around wondering who was a fellow poster. I knew people from here would be there, and sure enough you guys were. I wish I'd known beforehand- I would've said hey. Whatever- doesn't matter now.

PJ
#19re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 10:08pm

I don't know what posters from the board were there, but I did see Karen Olivo (from BKLYN) there.

ihearttheatre
#20re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 10:18pm

I saw her too. I thought about saying something to her, but I thought she'd think I was crazy. I dunno what I would've said anyway.

defying_gravity2
#21re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 11:28pm

I'm so jealous. I'm glad you all had such a good time.

Pillowpants. 'Nuff said.

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#22re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/4/05 at 11:39pm

ihearttheatre, did you have tape on your sweater?

itsmeeeee Profile Photo
itsmeeeee
#23re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/5/05 at 1:16am

Ashley and others, if you simply cannot wait for the Recording to come out, Audra McDonald sang "See What I Wanna See" originally. You can buy it off of itunes. It's no idina, but its nice to hear it.

kgee30
#24re: See What I Wanna See Closing Show
Posted: 12/5/05 at 9:31am

Audra's "no Idina"? Sorry; that cracks me up. I like Idina, and I'm looking forward to this recording but, you know, apples and oranges.

Updated On: 12/5/05 at 09:31 AM

Videos