pixeltracker

is Maria Friedman Back???- Page 2

is Maria Friedman Back???

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#25re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/11/06 at 2:24am

You must give Maria Friedman great credit for even going on, She is a TRUE Hero, In every sense of the word. And, She is indeed a great "Star". This, I feel we must accept.
Beyond that, If you like the Musical or not, that is a matter of personal opinion.

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

kec Profile Photo
kec
#26re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/11/06 at 4:25pm

BBC Radio 4 recently aired a program titled "The Musical Side of the Family" in which Maria's sister Sonia talks about their family, and also talks about Maria's cancer and WiW. The program is now on Listen Again for the next few days. The link is below
The Musical Side of the Family

bwayondabrain
#27re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/11/06 at 5:54pm

right on jimmirae, agree with you 100%! :)
and maybe enchantedhunter person is just one of those tryy to be thread ruiner people, but anyone, their opinion...
so, does maria have naturally short hair, or did it go away because she had kemotherapy (if she did)? poor maria... she is a trooper...

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#28re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/11/06 at 6:03pm

Her hair is always that short, she hasn't started chemo yet I don't think.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

bwayondabrain
#29re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/11/06 at 6:20pm

oh re: is Maria Friedman Back??? thats sad, cuz that chemo will take away most of her hair, and will definitely affect her energy and performance level (ive had 2 relatives whove had chemo)
i think im gonna send her a letter in the next couple weeks to cheer her up...

how serious is her breast cancer?

popcultureboy
#30re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/11/06 at 6:23pm

Stage 1 was what they announced, so she'll make a full recovery.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

bwayondabrain
#31re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/11/06 at 6:34pm

oh thats good
and thanks for telling me all this, popcultureboy! :)
made me feel better so yeah

popcultureboy
#32re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/11/06 at 6:36pm

Anytime re: is Maria Friedman Back???

C is for Company
#33re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/11/06 at 10:59pm

I would love to see her, I'd consider it an honor to see her. She certainly is a veteran of the stage, managing many difficult roles over the years. I have never heard of any broadway performer sticking with a show after being told they had cancer. That takes a lot of everything to pull off: guts, persistence and dedication, physical stamina. Bravo

Videos