is Maria Friedman Back???

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#0is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 12:50pm

in "The Woman in White"??? just saw her pic at the Phantom celebration and couldn't help wondering.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#1re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 1:07pm

i believe she has been back for over two weeks now.

anyone know if Lisa Brescia is still doing matinees or is Maria is doing all eight shows a week?

thanks!

YayJudyYayJudy Profile Photo
YayJudyYayJudy
#2re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 1:15pm

Maria did both shows on Saturday, and I think she's pretty much back 100%... but I'm sure she's taking it day by day/week by week depending how she's feeling.

proudly changing my name frequently since 2004

chances are AndyF is posting above or below me...

"THIS is how you dress for the Tony's, get it!? Ok, see you at the after-party..." [YAHM]

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#3re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 1:16pm

WAT so..who are we seeing?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#4re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 1:23pm

If we go on Saturday, February 18th at 2PM, I would think we'd be seeing Lisa...

YayJudyYayJudy Profile Photo
YayJudyYayJudy
#5re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 1:28pm

I think she's still going through some treatment, and by that day in Feb. who knows how she'll be feeling. If she's up to it, I'm sure she's going to want to role back in its entirety and Lisa will only only be going on during her vacations/personal days etc. I wouldn't bet on a "matinee Marian" still being in effect in like a month...

proudly changing my name frequently since 2004

chances are AndyF is posting above or below me...

"THIS is how you dress for the Tony's, get it!? Ok, see you at the after-party..." [YAHM]

Doogie Profile Photo
Doogie
#6re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 2:09pm

I think it has, and always will, vary. I don't think it was ever decided Brescia would do matinees. My guess is that, when Ms. Friedman wasn't up to the 2 show days, she always just called out of the matinee. She has been doing both shows on 2 show days recently re: is Maria Friedman Back???

sharon1
#7re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 2:18pm

So what about Michael Ball. Is he still under the weather. He didn't even make an appearance at the Phantom Happenings. How is he doing????

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#8re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 2:27pm

Michael Ball has gone back to the UK to recover from his illness apparently. Also, Maria needs a course of chemotherapy and that can be quite debilitating so I don't know what she'll be doing in mid Feb.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

LittleAngelMaker Profile Photo
LittleAngelMaker
#9re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 3:08pm

popcultureboy,

Do you know for a fact that Michael has gone home, or are you just guessing that because he hasn't been seen in public lately?

popcultureboy
#10re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 3:58pm

Fact. I never repeat rumor or hearsay.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#11re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 4:16pm

I saw the show Friday the 6th and it was amazing! Maria was in and he performance as Marian was fatastic! Unfortunately, Mr. Ball and Adam Brazier were out, but they're understudies were great! Maria looked very tired at the stage door but she was super friendly, as was the rest of the cast! I had a great time!

AlmostFamous Profile Photo
AlmostFamous
#12re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 5:11pm

yes!

SueH
#13re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 6:18pm

popcultureboy

If it were a fact regarding Michael Ball, I don't believe you would have used the word "apparently".
Updated On: 1/10/06 at 06:18 PM

popcultureboy
#14re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 6:21pm

Fine. Michael Ball has gone back to London as he's got a bad bout of flu. Happy now?

SueH
#15re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 6:25pm

I never was unhappy. Just wanted some clarification.

gecko
#16re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 8:03pm

I'm sad, "apparently"
The show is much better with both MF and MB
Updated On: 1/10/06 at 08:03 PM

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#17re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 8:14pm

Here's wishing Maria a speedy recovery in her beating this thing and love out to Michael too... He's a pro and this flu is a bad one, I know! I wish them both healthy & happy in 2006 & beyond!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

TheEnchantedHunter
#18re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 9:43pm

Doesn't matter if Friedman is in the role or not. She makes no impression whatsoever. Anyone could play the role and be as memorable.

Norma Desmond
Hollywood, CAlifornia

bwayondabrain
#19re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 9:50pm

that was a bit rude to say about a cancerous lady on broadway but oh well, your opinion...
i hope she feels better though, it must be very difficult. how old is she? she seems a bit young to have breast cancer?
shes in my prayers, though! re: is Maria Friedman Back???

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#20re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 9:58pm

Norma there's just bitter that she's been forgotten...

Friedman is indeed spectacular in that role and onstage her presence is incredible.

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#21re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/10/06 at 10:00pm

It did seem rather cold didn't it bwayondabrain? I'm with you on this one.

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

C is for Company
#22re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/11/06 at 12:02am

Im seeing it january 21st and praying Maria and Michael are there. Lets hope we can bring Crawford in, although thats slim to none re: is Maria Friedman Back???

TheEnchantedHunter
#23re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/11/06 at 12:23am

"Friedman is indeed spectacular in that role and onstage her presence is incredible."

Get real. She's indistinguishable from the other distaff performers onstage. An anonymous cog in Lloyd Webber's creaky machine.

"It did seem rather cold didn't it bwayondabrain?"

Doesn't make it any less true.

Vivian Darkbloom
Ramsdale, New England

Updated On: 1/11/06 at 12:23 AM

Doogie Profile Photo
Doogie
#24re: is Maria Friedman Back???
Posted: 1/11/06 at 1:44am

I have seen both Lisa Brescia, and Friedman, and I can ASSURE you Friedman makes an impression...... she was MUCH better than Brescia, who was decent.

Videos