Woman in White CD

YayJudyYayJudy Profile Photo
YayJudyYayJudy
#25re: Woman in White CD
Posted: 1/23/06 at 3:30pm

"You'll wait outside till you see sense my girl" is not Lisa's line, the only audible lines you hear her say are that of the prostitute

proudly changing my name frequently since 2004

chances are AndyF is posting above or below me...

"THIS is how you dress for the Tony's, get it!? Ok, see you at the after-party..." [YAHM]

jem2 Profile Photo
jem2
#26re: Woman in White CD
Posted: 1/23/06 at 6:29pm

Well, I have to say I am now wanting a OBC of Woman in White since I have seen it. I'm sure a lot of my desire stems from that I like to hear the cast I actually saw for sentimental reasons. Also, some of the songs were dropped when it came to Broadway. I listened to parts of the OLC and while it's good, I personally prefer Brazier & Ball to Crewes & Crawford (although they are all really good). LOL, sound like SOME teams, don't they?

And honestly, I was croaking Evermore Without You all the way home from work today and it's not pretty when I do it. re: Woman in White CD

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#27re: Woman in White CD
Posted: 1/23/06 at 6:39pm

Definitely - it's really maddening they would give "The Likes of Us" this incredible treatment - full orchestra, libretto, nice packaging, and wouldn't re-do WIW for the NY cast.

ALWrules Profile Photo
ALWrules
#28re: Woman in White CD
Posted: 1/23/06 at 6:43pm

No kidding on The Likes of Us chernjam.

I prefer the current cast and would love a recording, but the way the show is going, it is unlikely. To me it doesn't seem that expensive to make a cast recording, especially if it is done in the fashion of the original WIW recording, which was just recorded live and then edited. Doesn't seem that expensive of a process to me.

Keep your morals, I don't have time. Keep your lovers, I'm changing mine! -The Likes of Us

C is for Company
#29re: Woman in White CD
Posted: 1/23/06 at 6:46pm

From what I hear isn't the London Palace theater rigged with recording machinery? I don't think you can just do that anywhere though right?

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#30re: Woman in White CD
Posted: 1/23/06 at 7:02pm

Yes, you're right "C is for Company" - the Palace has a recording studio right in the theatre, which is why originally they said the WIW recording wouldn't be available for months after it opened in London, then ALW discovered this about the Palace and decided to go with a live recording of Opening Night.

Which brings me back to the point that recording it had to have been a lot more cost-efficient than a normal studio-recording. Since they didn't use that money in the original, why not do a new one, taking in the changes to lyric and score, with a full orchestra. Like a "definitive recording"

Jim

C is for Company
#31re: Woman in White CD
Posted: 1/23/06 at 7:11pm

Interesting suggestion, I wish they would take that up and not be stingy, which I wouldn't blame them for at this point. It really did do so much more poorly than I thought. I just hope it can pull it out for a couple more months.
I would buy another recording if they made it though. I fell in love with this show and my God, how it saddens me to listen to the cd and know I will have to rely on memory to hear what a true powerhouse Maria has become by staying in the role so long. I'd pay a lot for this if they ever did it. They all developed out so well and the new Percival has such a more amazing voice and everyone loves Michael Ball.

Videos