who here thinks...

Jazzysuite82
#25re: who here thinks...
Posted: 2/13/06 at 1:01am

yeah the thing that makes it hard is that there is never "just the show". You have to pay bills, take care of kids, fix the house and live you're life. Then there's the random things like family emergancies, a flat tire etc. There is no doing just the essentials of life. That's what makes it difficult. Mind you it's not impossible because there are Sweeneys all over the place at any given moment, but it certainly is a beast when you have to have a life outside of all of the singing and slitting.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#26re: who here thinks...
Posted: 2/13/06 at 8:43am

Nope, couldn't. I'd have to miss at least 2 shows.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#27re: who here thinks...
Posted: 2/13/06 at 9:26am

Jazzy, most of the actors who have leads in the more demanding shows have assistants to help them with the things most of us do for ourselves in daily life. And often the production company will pay all or part of the assistant's salary.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Updated On: 2/13/06 at 09:26 AM

Irene3
#28re: who here thinks...
Posted: 2/13/06 at 9:57am

You are absolutely right - it is a job, and a grinding one with no time for a social life. But Jerry Orbach said it succinctly:
"I don't know how anyone can get tired of performing night after night - there are new audiences out there evey night, you get a thrill out of giving your best each time, and it never becomes boring. The audience reaction bolsters the ego and the thrill is beyond description." So there you are. To me it would be a bore,but I'm no actress either.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#29re: who here thinks...
Posted: 2/13/06 at 10:01am

Regarding the role of Elphaba, one might feel physically ok, but at the same time might be vocally fatigued. Even with plenty of vocal training, I think it might be difficult on the voice to keep up that kind of pace.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#30re: who here thinks...
Posted: 2/13/06 at 10:16am

I'm pretty sure I could...I hope I have the chance to find out some time. :)

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

Videos