pixeltracker

Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!- Page 2

Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!

ben1986 Profile Photo
ben1986
#25re: Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!
Posted: 4/30/06 at 6:02pm

Joanna was the reason I went to see DRS. I had never really known her from Into the Woods, but rather from her great turn in The West Wing. Anyway she stole the show for me and from that moment on I have counted it as one of my great theatre moments. Joanna we'll miss you and hope to see you back soon.

brad3 Profile Photo
brad3
#26re: Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!
Posted: 4/30/06 at 6:13pm

havent we known she was gonna leave?

ihearttheatre
#27re: Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!
Posted: 4/30/06 at 6:16pm

She was great and will be missed!

Practically Perfect Profile Photo
Practically Perfect
#28re: Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!
Posted: 4/30/06 at 6:28pm

I loved her in DRS, and am sorry I won't get to see her again. She's a very classy lady, and gave a great performance as Muriel. A hard act to follow!

Mary P x

luvsbway
#29re: Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!
Posted: 4/30/06 at 7:48pm

Just wanted to clear a start date up with Joanna's replacement. I'm friends with Lucie's webmaster and she informed us Lucie fans that she is looking at a May 23rd start date but nothing is solid. Alot has to do with the show she is currently doing in Miami.

Also wanted to direct you to the tribute page for Joanna's last performance. Nicely done and worth a look. http://www.joannagleason.com
Updated On: 4/30/06 at 07:48 PM

altoid06 Profile Photo
altoid06
#30re: Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!
Posted: 4/30/06 at 8:57pm

Joanna did an amazing job in the part of Muriel. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to see her before she left. But it should be really awesome to see what she has in store for us next! :)

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." -- Maya Angelou

ILoveWicked330
#31re: Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!
Posted: 4/30/06 at 9:00pm

I was at the show today not knowing it was her last show. I did the lotto. The box seats were HORRIBLE. I had the 1st box on the right but the back 2 seats & I literally couldn't see anything. At intermission I moved to empty seats in the 2nd row center of the orchestra! At curtain call, the producer came out and made a short speech about how she created the role and how it was built around her. Then they gave her a poster that said "Goodbye Joanna! There will never be another con like you". Then Greg made a speech about how she is an amazing person on and off stage and he would always look forward to coming to work just to see her. She was crying. I waited at the stage door for alittle after. Norbert came out, signed for afew people and ran. I'm 99% sure Joannas' limo was there and was told to go to another exit because the stage door guy said to the driver "Rachel? Rachel Yorks driver? No? Joanna?" & then went and spoke to him and the car drove away. Not like it matters or anything but yeah. Great time- 2nd time seeing the show and it was still going strong.
Updated On: 4/30/06 at 09:00 PM

ohhoney_ Profile Photo
ohhoney_
#32re: Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!
Posted: 4/30/06 at 9:52pm

Times every light on Broadway by 7 and you get my love for Ms. Joanna Gleason.

MWAH! -Meghan

NYC PART III: 24 sleeps!

Andre:I'll miss you.
Muriel: You will?
Andre: Only if you leave.

respeck Profile Photo
respeck
#33re: Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!
Posted: 4/30/06 at 9:58pm

This was just a moment in the woods..

Love you Joanna!!!!! Get in another great part soon!

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#34re: Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!
Posted: 5/1/06 at 12:47am

Glad to hear a review of her final show! I hope Joanna is able to relax a little bit then move into a fun, new role. DRS will not be the same without her.

#35re: Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!
Posted: 5/1/06 at 12:49am

Awww... so sad to see her go. I loved her performance in DRS! Best wishes on her upcoming projects. :)

~Rosalynn

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#36re: Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!
Posted: 5/1/06 at 1:54am

*anxiously awaits more reviews*

I had a feeling Greg would make the speech. Meh, I really wanted to be there...but little adorable cousins' birthday parties come first.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#37re: Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!
Posted: 5/1/06 at 3:27pm

I also got tickets through the lotto for Joanna's last performance because I had to try and see her again. As said before, Marty Bell was there to present her a framed poster and flowers and give a nice speech. Greg's speech was moving and there was not a dry eye up on that stage. It was very sad to see one of my favorite stars leave the show but I was so glad I could be there.

After the show Joanna came out and signed. I was so happy because I had brough my Playbill from Lithgow's last night and Joanna was the only person I was missing. She also took a picture with me so I was overjoyed.
re: Goodbye Joanna Gleason in DRS!
Goodbye Joanna! You will be greatly missed!

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

Videos