Gavin Creel?

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#25re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/4/06 at 8:57pm

sweeping=brooms=wickeD!! OoMG! He will play Elphaba!!

jimnysf
#26re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/4/06 at 8:59pm

And that is why he will get to keep his hair! Good guess Broadwaybelter. That is practically perfect.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Johnnytoc
#27re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/4/06 at 8:59pm

No, No broadwaybelter; Gavin will be a superb Glinda.

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#28re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/4/06 at 9:00pm

oy why must you rain on my parade

*musical fanfare*

DONT RAIN ON MY PARADE!!!

OuttaTowner
#29re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/4/06 at 9:11pm

Well...though his next endeavor is top secret (at the moment),
I wish him well - he is quite a nice guy and (IMHO) a really great performer.

I know he'll be lucky....as lucky can be......

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#30re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/4/06 at 9:49pm

"His new project will only require a trim."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Tarzan?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

OuttaTowner
#31re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 6:09pm

Ummm...nope.

Think you need to go back through jimnysf and my posts.
He might just need a trim, because he could probably put the rest up under a cap. You know, the kind that are worn by...

leon1489 Profile Photo
leon1489
#32re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 6:22pm

Who cares what his hair looks like? If Jesus could sing... assuming that musical theatre existed back at the turn of the first millenium, he would have sounded like Gavin Creel. If he was lucky.

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#33re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 6:47pm

good lord... someone guess already!! i have no clue what show, but the hints lead me to think its not too challenging to guess. so someone mind doing the dirty work for all of us eagerly waiting to know??

Tirso de Molina
#34re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 7:07pm

oh come ON, people! it's clearly MARY POPPINS, with GC doing the chimney sweep -- what's his name? is it Bert? anyhow, the chimney sweep. wearing a cap. and there will be flying kites, too.

At least that's how I read this thread.

"Sweet summer evenings, hot wine and bread / Sharing your supper, sharing your bed / Simple joys have a simple voice: It says why not go ahead?"

leon1489 Profile Photo
leon1489
#35re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 7:13pm

Gavin Lee's already been cast as Bert. So unless Gavin's in talks to replace him, which seems a bit premature, Mary Poppins will not be Gavin's next show.

Johnnytoc
#36re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 7:15pm

Off topic but leon, your quote about Jesus is hilarious.

.LittleWing. 0224
#37re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 7:17pm

oh yeah, its CLEARLY mary poppins. How could I have overlooked THAT possibility???

(thanks, leon)

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#38re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 7:20pm

Are people getting Gavin Creel and Lee confused? That's what this seems like.

leon1489 Profile Photo
leon1489
#39re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 7:23pm

Ah, Tag, you are a genius. I was seriously sitting here questioning why everybody was obsessed with having Gavin Creel play Bert. I, for one, wanted to see him as Marius in Les Mis. Clearly that's not going to happen.

Tirso de Molina
#40re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 7:33pm

Oops! I didn't know Gavin Lee was already cast as Bert -- I was just going with OuttaTowner's and JimmySF's clues. Sorry for not checking my answer before turning it in!

"Sweet summer evenings, hot wine and bread / Sharing your supper, sharing your bed / Simple joys have a simple voice: It says why not go ahead?"

Practically Perfect Profile Photo
Practically Perfect
#41re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 7:42pm

I'll repeat what I said earlier in the thread - he will return to broadway after a stint in the westend, and the last time I checked, there was a show by the name of Mary Poppins in London...

Mary P x

.LittleWing. 0224
#42re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 7:49pm

hmmm... interesting

Tirso de Molina
#43re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 8:21pm

so does Gavin get to go to London in one of those "trades" between the American and British Actors' Equity Associations, in exchange for a British actor being allowed to perform here? If so, does anyone know who we'll get to see in New York as a result?

Practically Perfect
#44re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 8:22pm

Tirso de Molino - Bingo!

Mary P x

Tirso de Molina
#45re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 8:29pm

My hope (*fingers crossed*) would be for the London SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE to transfer here with Daniel Evans in the lead.

Other possibilities?

Practically Perfect
#46re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 8:35pm

I think it may actually be down to Gavin Lee being Bert on broadway, but I'm not 100% positive.

Mary P x

Johnnytoc
#47re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 8:37pm

I though Gavin came here in exchange for Chris Sieber doing Spamalot, though that could of course be wrong.

Tirso de Molina
#48re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/5/06 at 8:44pm

Perfect --

do you know if Gavin Creel will then take over Bert in New York, provided the show runs well?

Practically Perfect
#49re: Gavin Creel?
Posted: 6/6/06 at 5:36am

I think that Simon Russell Beale doing Spamalot on Broadway was part of the exchange for Chris Sieber to be in Spamalot in London.

And it has been suggested that he will be taking over from Gavin Lee on Broadway in 2007.

Mary P x

Videos