pixeltracker

How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?- Page 2

How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?

cudramacat
#25re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 6/23/06 at 10:16pm

I saw Wicked there twice...once in the Balcony and once in the double letter orchestra section and both times the views were amazing. While you obviously see more details up close, the view is just wonderful and never obstructed.

"Life has been your art. You have set yourself to music. Your days are your sonnets." -Oscar Wilde

RentBoy86
#26re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 6/23/06 at 10:33pm

That's good. I got row F in the Orchestra for Brooklyn. Can't wait. Now I have to figure out how much gas is going to cost...

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#27re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 5:52am

haha...i'm such a loser. I read this whole thread and I was like

"I'M FROM ATLANTA! I KNOW THIS PLACE! I'VE BEEN THERE A THOUSAND TIMES!"

I was really excited reading all the posts. haha YEAH, i'm a loser....

Renthead#1 Profile Photo
Renthead#1
#28re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 6:34am

The Theatre is great it sticks out from the street like a soar thumb. I sat in Row p for Rent those were were pretty good seats.

Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall

Playbill9117 Profile Photo
Playbill9117
#29re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 6/26/06 at 11:23am

I LOVE THE FOX!!! "Phantom" plays there almost every year, and I never miss it. It's almost like being in the opera house that the story takes place in. I just saw CHICAGO wiht John O'hurley--AMAZING!!!

Chrysanthemum62001
#30re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 6/26/06 at 11:30am

I adore the Fox. It's the one place I can go to in Atlanta that makes me happy to be a Georgian. It's so beautiful. I will never forget the shows I've seen there.

Les Mis
Jekyll and Hyde
Cats
Phantom of the Opera
Aida
Mamma Mia
Evita
My Fair Lady

By far, Jekyll and Hyde and Evita were the best productions I saw.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

RentBoy86
#31re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/2/06 at 9:13pm

Two questions:

(1) How close is it to the Lennox Square Mall (I think that's what it's called)

(2) How close is it to the train station? I'm not taking the train this trip, but I'm kind of interested in taking it when I see DRS, Piazza, or All Shook Up there later this season. I think that'd be kidn of fun.

Chevstriss
#32re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/2/06 at 11:45pm

its quite a drive to Lenox Square mall, which is in Buckhead.

I'd fire you... if you weren't so g*dd*mn beautiful out there. - Blades of Glory blog

Alex LaVelle
#33re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:00am

Lenox is a bit of a drive, but it's not too bad, about half an hour or so going north on Peachtree given average traffic. There is a train station at Lenox; there are others as well, but the one that I know for sure is the Lenox station.

clarkstallings
#34re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:21am

The north avenue train station is a block south and a block west of the Fox. The quickest way to lenox from the Fox is to get on 75/85 north, stay on 85 north at the split and get off at Buford Highway. Take Buford Highway to Lenox Road and make a left. The Mall will be just over the bridge, about three miles on the left. It should take you about ten minutes with good traffic flow.
Updated On: 7/3/06 at 12:21 AM

FindingNamo
#35re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:22am

It's a sick building. Just ask the Phantom tour cast.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

goingagain
#36re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/3/06 at 12:44am

It is a grand theater! We just saw Chicago there in June and it was such a great venue. I was bummed because we could only get seats in row U, but once inside they were not bad seats at all. I am used to front row or so in NYC so yes, a bit spoiled on seating but it gave us a different perspective to have the seats we did and we could appreciate the building as well.

RentBoy86
#37re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/3/06 at 1:24am

How about getting to the Fox from Lennox Mall? I've been to Lennox before and I'm getting up early and driving there so I can go there. It has my favorite store - Urban Outfitters - which we don't have in Alabama. I planned the trip so it falls on my pay day haha.

clarkstallings
#38re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/3/06 at 1:41am

I refer you to my previous post.

RentBoy86
#39re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/3/06 at 1:44am

Oh no, I read it - and thank you so much by the way - I was just wondering how you get to the Fox from Lennox. Do you just get on 85 south but what is the exit i'm looking for?

clarkstallings
#40re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/3/06 at 2:00am

Scratch getting on Lenox Rd. to 85. It's much easier to get follow the signs to GA400 from the mall. Get on GA400 south. It will say it is a toll but it isn't for you. Take 400 south as it will merge into 85 south. Just south of where 85 merges with 75, you're going to want to get over to the right and get off at North Ave/GA Tech. Make a left on North, cross over Spring St and then West Peachtree, then Make a left onto Peachtree (it says you can't make the left, I always do it, its pointless.) The Fox will be up two blocks on the left.
Updated On: 7/3/06 at 02:00 AM

RentBoy86
#41re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/12/06 at 12:45am

Thanks so much!

Two more questions:

(1) How is parking around the Fox? Are there Parking Decks? If so, how much?

(2) Where is the stage door, if I do in fact, attempt to stage door.

clarkstallings
#42re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/12/06 at 1:18am

There are surface lots in all directions outward from the Fox. The most expensive one is the one on the right side of the building, this is the closest but it can be a bit of a hassle getting out of when the show ends because it's so congested. This lot currently costs $20 bucks to park in for a show. Behind the BellSouth building at the corner of West Peachtree and Ponce de Leon Avenue there is a lot that is $4 unattended or about $10 if they have an attendant. They don't have an attendeant for all shows, only big ones. This lot, thought it's a three minute walk to the theatre from it, is safe and conveniant to leaving. The Stage door is on the Ponce de Leon Avenue side of the building. From the front of the theatre, walk south towards Ponce, around the corner and down the street to the very end of the building. It's up a couple of steps on the right. IT's the last door at the end of the building on the side. You can exit the theatre through doors on the stage right side of the theatre (aka left) to get the stage door the easiest. These doors let you right out on Ponce.

Chrysanthemum62001
#43re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/12/06 at 1:24am

There is a garage on (damn it, my mind is blanking) well, sort of across from Agatha's Mystery Dinner theatre. You can't miss the building, it is pepto pink. So if you are coming from Lenox, turn left on the side street that Agathas is on the corner of. There is a great garage there, and it only cost five bucks. That is where I always park. Then it's a short little walk to the Fox.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

RentBoy86
#44re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/12/06 at 1:25am

Thanks so much Clark. On ticketmaster it said something about buying a ticket for $12 for parking and I thought that was a little steep, but I guess not. I'll look for the $4/$10 parking lot. Are you going to the show? Or just have a plethora of knowledge?

clarkstallings
#45re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/12/06 at 1:41am

I've been going to the Fox several times a year since I was 4. I'm 21 now. I don't want to brag, actually I do, but I got to watch Wicked from backstage a few weeks ago there. It was so cool. I've been all over that place. If it's your first time, prepare to be amazed!

ashley0139
#46re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/12/06 at 8:06am

I always park at the Georgian Terrace (I think that's what it's called) Hotel right across from the Fox. It cost $20 for Wicked but only $12 for RENT so it should be $12 for Brooklyn I would think. It's very easy to get into and out of.

As Clark said, the easiest way to get to the stage door is to exit on the left. It's right there. There is a little set of stairs leading up to it. If you do exit the front, just take a right out of the theatre, and then your first right again and it's down the street a little bit.

Have fun! Which night are you going?

ETA: Clark- how did you get to do that?! I've been going there several times a year for about 10 years.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife
Updated On: 7/12/06 at 08:06 AM

RentBoy86
#47re: How is the Fox Theater in Atlanta?
Posted: 7/12/06 at 3:39pm

Friday night. I've VERY excited. I can't wait. I know the show is going to suck but will have some great performances, but I'm just excited to being seeing the show and in the beautiful Fox.

Videos