pixeltracker

Selling your full price tickets , if you win lottery - Wicked- Page 2

Selling your full price tickets , if you win lottery - Wicked

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#25re: Selling your full price tickets , if you win lottery - Wicked
Posted: 1/26/07 at 9:31pm

Can someone tell me where the 20% over face value idea comes from? It is my understanding that the sale of any ticket for greater than its face value is scalping (unless you are a licensed ticket seller in which case I believe the sky's the limit).

It's a NY state law- a ticket can be resold for no more than either 20% or $5 above face value, whichever is greater. That includes brokers too, however if you're a broker not located in NY state who is charging a large 'handling fee' for your services then yep you can pretty much charge whatever someone is willing to pay for your tix.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#26re: Selling your full price tickets , if you win lottery - Wicked
Posted: 1/26/07 at 9:36pm

The bigger question is: why have you paid over $1000 to see this show 10 times or more when there are dozens of other plays and musicals running?

Sorry, but I just do not get people going back to see one show over and over, no matter how good it is.

How do you know he doesn't see other shows as well? Seeing one show multiple times doesn't stop you from seeing others.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#27re: Selling your full price tickets , if you win lottery - Wicked
Posted: 1/26/07 at 10:28pm

I did it this week after i won the lottery. It took awhile to sell the tickets since the show wasn't sold out. The box office said if i didnt sell them i can keep them and use them as past dated tickets.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#28re: Selling your full price tickets , if you win lottery - Wicked
Posted: 1/27/07 at 12:10am

The rule for selling tickets on the street in NY is eiather 25% above face value or five bucks above face value whichever is more. However, you can only do this if your at least 400 yards away from the venue. If your not 400 yards away from the venue you can re sell it but it has to be at face value only.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Broadwayfan120791 Profile Photo
Broadwayfan120791
#29re: Selling your full price tickets , if you win lottery - Wicked
Posted: 1/27/07 at 3:46pm

Why not just try going to the box office to see if they can sell them....they don't need to know if you won lotto or not..unless someone who ran lotto remembers you winning...just don't say anything..and ask if they can do something with them, sell them for you.

It's been done at Lion King, JoeKV said, and also I have seen it done for Jersey Boys too. [there was a couple on cancellation line in front of me and the box office said that they had 2 tickets that they were selling for a person and they'd have to pay in cash for the tickets] If the box offices at Jersey Boys and Lion King do that, I'm sure Wicked would...and its worth a try.

And on the other hand, 5th row is probably a very good view so you could always just not waste your time waiting on Wicked Lotto with so many people and a slim chance of winning, and just keep those seats.

Come on babe we're gonna paint the town...and all that jazz...

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#30re: Selling your full price tickets , if you win lottery - Wicked
Posted: 1/27/07 at 5:29pm

Winston has it right. You can re-sell your tickets at face value in front of the theatre, but if you are seeking to make that 20% profit, you have to be 400 yards away from theatre property.

Videos