Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews- Page 2

Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#25re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/1/06 at 5:58pm

OOPS.

I guess I haven't looked at it in a while :-P

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#26re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/1/06 at 6:14pm

Well I guess it is time to pop in Disc 2! Think I need to hear "I Hate the Bus"!!!

Just give the world Love.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#27re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/1/06 at 6:19pm

AH! I jsut finished Act 2!!! Tis my favorite act...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE Caroline, or Change and It's a shame this won't get recorded, but, seeing as Guys and Dolls with some big names didn't even get a recording, I doubt Caroline will, like you said Joshy.

anyway- i wish I could see this. What theater are they putting it in? I hope not the Olivier, it seems a tad big

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

joshy Profile Photo
joshy
#28re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/1/06 at 6:21pm

Yay! My only problem when I listen to the cd is that because no song really has a proper ENDING ending I just find that I have to listen to the whooooooole thing. re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews

i want my own car a car with a heater

it's going in the lyttleton, caroline! re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews so far i've got tickets for two performances and i'm in the second row for both of them. can't waiiit to see Tonya that close! Updated On: 10/1/06 at 06:21 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#29re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/1/06 at 6:50pm

joshy...take tissues. I broke down twice in the second act. Needless to say, one time was during "Lot's Wife". If it is staged the same, being in the second row during that number will blow you away! I was still wiping tears during "Salty teardrops"! The end of Lot's Wife is only the second time you get to applaud after a number. (The 1st is the end of act 1). The afternoon I saw it, the applause was thunderous and long after "Lot's Wife". You got the feeling that the audience was so ready to explode at that point. Not just because of her powerful delivery of the song, but also for what led up to it in the second act.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#31re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/2/06 at 4:37pm

oddly enough, when i saw Caroline, people chuckled during the beginning of Salty Teardrops....

i wanted to beat them up! re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews

BSoBW2
#32re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/2/06 at 5:25pm

Thought you may like this, my current desktop wallpaper:

re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews

Sometimes when I'm bored I just read the script. Actually, it's sitting on my desk right now and "1943" is playing. :)

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#33re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/2/06 at 5:27pm

Lots Wife JUST began

BSoBW2
#34re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/2/06 at 5:32pm

I Saw Three Ships

Mama there's money
down in the laundry!

joshy Profile Photo
joshy
#35re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/2/06 at 5:49pm

1943 is always one I skip, I just don't find it that compelling to listen to! I'm sure that'll change when I see it life. re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews

THE PHOTO WITH PIPPA (emmie) DANCING WITH THE BOYS IN THE REHEARSAL ON THE WEBSITE IS SOOO ADORABLE. i'm assuming that's during roosevelt petrucius coleslaw?

BSoBW2
RentBoy86
#37re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/2/06 at 7:08pm

I love "I Hate The Bus" - I really want that sheet music, I don't care if its in the wrong key. Such a beautiful song. I love this show. I'm so mad I haven't seen a professional production of it and I know none of the theaters around here would attempt it. Such a shame.

Mattbrain
#38re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/2/06 at 7:34pm

Oh, Lord, I love this show. I saw it for half price the year I saw Wicked. If any show deserved to pull an upset at the Tonys that year, this was it. It's so thought provoking and just amazing. I think the old logo was better. The one that Uncagege put up.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

C is for Company
#39re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/2/06 at 7:53pm

BSoBW, that wallpaper is fantastic, did you get that at a generic online site or did you make it yourself?

BSoBW2
#40re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/2/06 at 8:45pm

Thank you!

No, I made it.

:)

Alix7272 Profile Photo
Alix7272
#41re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/3/06 at 1:03am

That's awesome BSo!

No Child: http://www.epictheatrectr.org/
I Love You Because OCR: http://www.psclassics.com/cd_iloveyou.html

atlsuperstar
#42re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/3/06 at 1:07am

What a joy to see other people that appreciate this musical as much as I do...I have so many friends that just don't understand why I love this musical soooo much. The music to the story is just AMAZING, maybe one of the best written shows in a minute. I have so many favorite moments from the radio to the washing machine..and of course Caroline....the show is really good! Personally I think that if you like a BIG Spectacle then this show isn't for you...this is more about enjoying the story that is going on.....and of course the amazing arrangments. I can't wait to do this oneday! A masterpiece of musical theater!

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#43re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/3/06 at 2:01am

This may be a silly question but, does anyone know why they are using so many different boys in the London production? Didn't they only have one Noah, Jackie, and Joe in the New York production? Are child labor laws different in London?

neddyfrank2
#44re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/3/06 at 2:32am

There was a standby for Noah on Broadway.

I didn't really want to see it when I first saw it. I only went because I knew someone in it, I thought the music was awful (from what I had heard at the TONYS) and the story sounded stupid. Boy was I wrong! It is one of the best written musicals ever. It is one of the most fufiling theatrical expiriences I have ever had.

hen88
#45re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/3/06 at 11:05am

I love, love,love this show all my heart. I have never been so moved at the theater. I wish I could catch a flight to London to see it. I would also love a new cast recording. I hope it's well received there.

joshy Profile Photo
joshy
#46re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/3/06 at 11:58am

kyle, we always seem to have many more child actors sharing a role than on Broadway. I'm not sure why, probably because the laws are different. For example there are many more sets of Mary Poppins kids in London than there are going to be in the Broadway production.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#47re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/4/06 at 12:25am

Nice to see that Ramona Keller is going to reprise her role in London as a third of the radio. I really like her.

algy Profile Photo
algy
#48re: Caroline, or Change (London) rehearsal photos + interviews
Posted: 10/4/06 at 7:24am

I think there are quite strict restrictions on the number of hours child actors are allowed to work per week. Chitty had 3 or 4 pairs of children, Mary Poppins has 3, Whistle Down The Wind had about 60 children, Sunday In The Park With George had 2 and I dread to think how many children they'll be rehursing for the Sound Of Music...

Videos