pixeltracker

Natalie Joy Johnson on Broadway in...- Page 2

Natalie Joy Johnson on Broadway in...

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#25re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 4:03pm

Why is that the "truth"?
is it somewhere in the script?

RentBoy86
#26re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 4:23pm

Elphaba is suppose to be an outcast and the opposite of Glinda. I don't see where "size" is mentioned? Yeah, it's a sad fact that most roles are cast skinny, but that doesn't have to be the norm. Especially for a show that exudes "girl power" - I think it would be nice to see someone full figured.

shiksa_goddess Profile Photo
shiksa_goddess
#27re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 4:25pm

I love how Elphaba can be cast as a color blind role (for obvious reasons,) but Heaven forbid, she be a normal sized woman!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#28re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 4:45pm

Shoshanna is no skinny woman.

Zara57 Profile Photo
Zara57
#29re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 6:37pm

Donna is doing a role right now. She has to do what's right for her. Do I think she is a "star" no but she is good. This might be a way for her to get some recognition.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#30re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 8:16pm

Thank you for the clarification earlier, Zara. Marc Shaiman had said they hoped to get Nicole Parker back once Donna's contract was up if she was able to finish filming Mad TV in time, but I'm guessing things didn't work out..

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Zara57 Profile Photo
Zara57
#31re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 8:20pm

Yeah apparently they couldn't. I hope for Donna's sake she made the right decision. I mean, it looks like Legally Blonde will be a huge hit. Either way, they are lucky to have her at Fames Becomes Me.

wendy kroy
#32re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
Posted: 11/24/06 at 10:58am

Actually...Christine Pedi was offered to take over for MARY BIRDSONG in January, not Donna Vivino.

Nicole was supposed to come back but when it didn't work out, the role was offered to Donna. Christine Pedi turned down taking over for Mary Birdsong to do TALK RADIO.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#33re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
Posted: 11/24/06 at 1:16pm

While I don't pretend to know the particulars, i'm going to call it a bit of a lapse in judgement as well. How much longer can the Martin Short musical run? As for all of you getting up in arms about whether Elphaba can be heavy or not, the "sight gag" is that she's green, you want her to be heavy too?! And as far as I can tell from (the literally dozens) of cast members I've seen on "the site we're not allowed to discuss", it's Glinda that's always a bit chubby and don't anyone try to refute that. I won't name names, but a few of those women are far from lean. Updated On: 11/24/06 at 01:16 PM

Zara57 Profile Photo
Zara57
#34re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
Posted: 11/24/06 at 1:53pm

Ahhh I see. Makes more sense. Well, still from what I have heard has really pissed of Jerry Mitchell. Oops! No such a good move.

Zara57 Profile Photo
Zara57
#35re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
Posted: 11/24/06 at 1:55pm

I'm an idiot...I meant, not such a good move. No offense to Donna or anything. That's just what I heard and I just hope he doesn't hold a grudge. You know how directors can be.

badkarma719 Profile Photo
badkarma719
#36re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
Posted: 11/24/06 at 6:33pm

re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...

Just to add a note to those who didn't know who Natalie Joy Johnson was....

Michael Arden, John Hill, Adam Fleming, Aaron Loure, and Jenna Lee Green were also in Bare: a pop opea together. and I personally think Bare was a more real then Rent because it closed the show on a more unhappy note.

anyother questions PM me, I can help you with just about anything.

In the words of the great MargoChanning "Broadwayworld.com -- Your One Stop on the Internet for All Things Broadway, Nasty Political Discussions, Meltdowns, Name-Calling and General Nonsense along with being a Premiere Pick-up Joint for Hotties, Shut-ins, Rambunctuous Teenagers With Bad Grammar, and All Manner of Bitter, Jaded Theatre Queens with WAY Too Much Time on Their Hands"?

wendy kroy
#37re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
Posted: 11/25/06 at 4:50pm

People pull out of shows all of the time. James Carpinello left Hairspray during rehearsals. A few years later the same producers asked him to do the CRYBABY reading. It sucks and people get mad but eventually it all works out and people move on. Good thing there is so much talent around. In terms of Marty Short running or not I don't think actors always base their decisions on how long a show will run. Sometimes they need to take risks by not going from a lead back to the ensemble. Actors and their agents have to make these choices all of the time. They are tough tough choices. But if you saw Donna in Marty Short, you would understand why she would choose not to go into an ensemble role at this point in time. This is the biggest feature she has ever had. But it is a tough call. Maybe it is a bad decision. But she won;t suffer and Legally won't suffer either! Natalie rocks and matter what Legally it be a big fun show. Anyway...good luck to Natalie and Donna! They are both great talents. I wish them well.

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#38re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
Posted: 11/25/06 at 5:34pm

I am very happy that Donna made the choice she did.

1) Because I cant wait to see Natalie Joy Johnson on broadway.
2) Donna is PERFECT in Fame Becomes Me. Funniest out of all 5 of them.

"Have they come yet?"

Videos