A terrific TALK RADIO

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#25re: A terrific TALK RADIO
Posted: 2/25/07 at 2:19am

my mom really wants to see Liev Schrieber. shes seen him do various shakespearan things and has become a big fan.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#26re: A terrific TALK RADIO
Posted: 2/25/07 at 7:59am

Corine-

Pedi is physically onstage for about 2 minutes. The rest of the time she plays various callers. You may have a hard time spotting which voice is hers, since the actors use different dialects/accents for each caller.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#27re: A terrific TALK RADIO
Posted: 2/25/07 at 10:53am

I'm really loving the play revivals on Broadway this season; each one seems stronger than the last.

I thought this is NEW PLAY??-J*

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#28re: A terrific TALK RADIO
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:04am

Does anyone have discount code for this ? Thanks-J*

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#29re: A terrific TALK RADIO
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:08am

jaystarr...broadwaybox has discounts for the show....you should check out their site.

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#30re: A terrific TALK RADIO
Posted: 2/25/07 at 5:35pm

I just saw yesterday's evening performance and loved it. Liev Schreiber blew me away. I don't want to get too nit-picky, becaues it was a preview and I'm sure they still have things to change, but this I don't think they'll change: the monologues in between Champlain's broadcasts. I didn't find them very compelling. Especially March's. I just kept waiting for Schreiber to take the stage and interact with more callers. Overall I really enjoyed myself. The play is solid and very interesting. Schreiber already seems to have mastered his role. I really reccomend it. I hope to go back again.

Updated On: 2/25/07 at 05:35 PM

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#31re: A terrific TALK RADIO
Posted: 2/25/07 at 5:37pm

Jay-

It's a revival. It was originally staged in 1987 at the Public.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Videos