pixeltracker

Those MISBEGOTTEN Producers....- Page 2

Those MISBEGOTTEN Producers....

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#25re: Those MISBEGOTTEN Producers....
Posted: 3/30/07 at 9:50pm

Anybody notice whether it was up on TKTS last night or tonight?

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Heybeenfood Profile Photo
Heybeenfood
#26re: Those MISBEGOTTEN Producers....
Posted: 3/30/07 at 10:03pm

It was not. Or at least entertainment-link.com/tkts.asp does not have it listed

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#27re: Those MISBEGOTTEN Producers....
Posted: 3/30/07 at 10:17pm

"1. Kevin Spacey is no longer a huge star in the US"

You're wrong, he is one of the finest actors in this country, he has 2 Academy Awards and has a huge following.
Just because he is not on ET every night, that doesn't mean he is not a star anymore. He also hasn't done movies in order to be nominated for Awards. Spacey starred in the Academy Award winning motion picture American Beauty and a bunch of movies that have a big fan base. He is a star in the US and in most countries in the world I'd dare to say.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#28re: Those MISBEGOTTEN Producers....
Posted: 3/30/07 at 10:23pm

Two Oscars, the last of which was awarded to him almost a decade ago. And look at the films that he's done in that time:

Beyond the Sea
The Shipping News
K-PAX
The Life of David Gale
Pay It Forward

Not a hit among them. So, I think it's pretty fair to say that he's not what you'd call a bankable commodity by today's standards.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Yankeefan007
#29re: Those MISBEGOTTEN Producers....
Posted: 3/30/07 at 10:26pm

No, he is definitely not the star he used to be.

Iceman was done in his heyday.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#30re: Those MISBEGOTTEN Producers....
Posted: 3/30/07 at 10:26pm

Saw Beyond The Sea & it was not bad.

Since I have the one with Robards & Dewhurst on DVD & saw the last revival which was great, no reason at all to see this one.

Poster Emeritus

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#31re: Those MISBEGOTTEN Producers....
Posted: 3/31/07 at 2:32am

I have tickets for this and i am excited...

love O'Neill and Spacey

ps. The Life of David Gale is an amazing movie

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#32re: Those MISBEGOTTEN Producers....
Posted: 3/31/07 at 7:49am

They had a production of it at Triad Stage last year, and about halfway through the second act, I wanted to scream at these two: 'GET A LIFE, PEOPLE!' I swear, it may be a tour de force for two actors, but it's bloody wearing on an audience. The exposition is practically dragged out one tiny bit at a time, and the psychology of the scene is a mess in that whole 1930s way. Sorry, Margo, but this aint his best by a long shot; it's dull and plodding, and at the end, you dont leave with any sense of anything having actually happened. It's three hours of nothing.

http://docandraider.com

Videos