Inexpensive Hotels in NYC- Page 2

Inexpensive Hotels in NYC

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#25re: Inexpensive Hotels in NYC
Posted: 5/9/07 at 2:51pm

hotel41 and hotelqt

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#26re: Inexpensive Hotels in NYC
Posted: 5/9/07 at 2:55pm

Chelsea Savoy on 23rd isnt too much either...hourly anyway...

#27re: Inexpensive Hotels in NYC
Posted: 5/9/07 at 3:40pm

I stayed at the Milford Plaza once and would never do it again! Argh! What a dump! And loud! It was overrun with kids on some sort of school trip and I remember once worrying that I would be late for a show because it took me so long to get an elevator! Plus room was teeny tiny and grimy.

It was VERY cheap-- I had booked through an online service and it was a real bargain-- which may be why I got such a crummy room. I stay now at the Quality Inn on 47th (48th?) and B'way. Wonderful. A suite for the price of a room.

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#28re: Inexpensive Hotels in NYC
Posted: 5/9/07 at 3:41pm

We are coming to NYC in July and I booked two nights at the Holiday Inn Express at 15 W. 45th St--has anyone stayed there? It's going to be more expensive than the places you are mentioning, but I'm coming with my two sons and was trying to find someplace family-friendly. It got quite good reviews on the sites I checked. I think we're paying a bit over $200 a night.
Karen

Maggie-the-schnoodle

cheezedoodle
#29re: Inexpensive Hotels in NYC
Posted: 5/9/07 at 5:05pm

I now always stay at the Clarion on Park Ave. South. It is very clean, the staff is wonderful - friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included every morning, and I walked everywhere - just a couple blocks from Grand Central Station and the theater district. I paid an average of 154.00 a night (it is slightly higher rates on weekends than weeknights). Not sure if they bump the rates for summer - but still can't be that much higher.

"Oh Link...your pork is ready..." - Edna Turnblad

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#30re: Inexpensive Hotels in NYC
Posted: 5/10/07 at 9:43pm

I'm staying at the Da Vinci at 244 West 56th Street from May 29th - June 1st. During my first trip, I stayed at the Washington Jefferson. Rooms are TI-ny. But the location was great. I'll be looking forward to seeing : Avenue Q, Drowsy Chaperone and A Chorus Line. I'm also seeing "Deuce." From the various reviews... the jury is still out on that one. from Roman in Austin, Texas... the official Patti LuPone FANatic

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#31re: Inexpensive Hotels in NYC
Posted: 5/10/07 at 9:57pm

Hotel 31. Truly, an undiscovered gem. Dirt cheap for a NY hotel, clean as a whistle, family friendly, easy walking distance to Port Authority, Penn Station, and the theatre district.

http://docandraider.com

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#32re: Inexpensive Hotels in NYC
Posted: 5/11/07 at 1:33am

I'm staying at the Pod next week. I'll let you know the verdict on that one. It looks pretty cool.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Videos