pixeltracker

Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.- Page 2

Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.

TapTapTapioca
#25re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/22/07 at 6:46pm

Ljay- She does not call herself Rosie or refer to herself as Rosie. It is RO.

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#26re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/22/07 at 9:28pm

While I'm not fond of Rosie's typing style, and I have to agree with her on this movie. It was fun, but I honestly don't see how it got such raves. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't the best movie musical I've ever seen. After all the raves (from the critics and on here) I was underwhelmed.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

WhoCouldBeBlue Profile Photo
WhoCouldBeBlue
#27re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/22/07 at 9:33pm

I agree... who the heck is Rosie anyway? Some Broadway guru just because she's a fan of it?

Personally, I think she's waaay overrated and obnoxious.

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#28re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/22/07 at 10:28pm

Rosie loves musicals, despite what she did to 'Taboo'

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

JohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
#29re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/22/07 at 11:25pm

She was one of the biggest mainstream B'way supporters over the years on both her own show & The View. She is known around the world as a HUGE B'way fan -- and whether you like it or not, she has a lot of people's ears... She's certainly not trashing the show, merely answering someone's simple question on her blog.

I suppose you think more people care about the opinion of a bunch of teenage b'way wannabes?

I guarantee you, most people around the world have no clue who she is. Also, most people, even in this country, aren't paying the least bit of attention to what she writes on her blog. In fact, the only people I've ever heard mention her, post here. I think you have delusions of grandeur about her.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#30re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/22/07 at 11:33pm

"I guarantee you, most people around the world have no clue who she is"

Mmmm, nope, I am originally from another country and I've always known her, her TV show was shown in cable, when she did Grease! It was internationally reported, she co-starred in "Sleepless in Seattle", "A League of Their Own", "Now and Then", "Flintstones" and some other successful films. She is probably not talked about as much in other countries, but she is famous internationally.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#31re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/22/07 at 11:33pm

I appreciate what she did by putting all those shows on her TV show but i think she's full of wind. i can never forgive her for what she did to the transfer of 'Taboo'.

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

Mrs.LinkLarkin2 Profile Photo
Mrs.LinkLarkin2
#32re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/23/07 at 2:01am

Are you kidding me?! It's everything I could have hoped it would be!

jimnysf
#33re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/23/07 at 2:33am

Who really gives a darn what Rosie likes or doesn't like? I used to enjoy her but when she left "The View" early without having the guts to face up to all the drama on the air, she lost me as a fan. It's great she supported Broadway but that doesn't make her opinion any more or less valid than anyone else's.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#34re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/23/07 at 5:28am

She's very well known in the UK

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#35re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/23/07 at 5:48am

This movie isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

Bruce Memblagh!
#36re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/23/07 at 6:17am

I have zero respect for this self-promoting, talentless (have you seen her act and sing on stage???) and downright unpleasant woman any more.

She is fine to have opinions but she is so inconsistent with them, she is incapable of backing them up - more along the line of "oh no, my ratings are down and I don't have enough publicity so let's throw out something controversial today and stand back and watch those ripples...".

It is rare for her to offer an opinion with the sole aim of making herself stand out, or to try to be "cool" or even just to get people's backs up.....ie) whichever she feels is her current aim of the day to enable her to get what she can out of it. For her alone, and less, I feel, for the good of theater.

Sooner this woman vanished from the public eye, the better. Despite her love of musicals.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#37re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/23/07 at 6:22am

^ Wow. Pardon her for expressing her opinion. Why do I get the feeling no one would care if she doesn't back up her opinions if she loved it?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Bruce Memblagh!
#38re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/23/07 at 6:24am

she is ALWAYS expressing an opinion but as I said above and I really do feel, she does so more to make her stand out and to gain notoriety than for anything else. And we have a right to express an opinion if we are sick to death of her.

Parsley
#39re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/23/07 at 6:30am

O'Donnell lives to court controversy. She makes the vile Joan Rivers more palatable. However baiting people is what she does but as suggested already if one lacks talents in many other areas of life, why not instead turn one's attention towards shameless self glory?

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#40re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/23/07 at 7:00am

Man, talk about over-dramatizing! So she says she hoped it would be more... and you guys think she's trashing it, that she's baiting controversy, that she's being a REALLY AWFUL PERSON FOR SAYING SUCH HERESY.

Good lord... get over it, huh? If *you* enjoyed it, wonderful for you. If *she* didnt, that's her freaking perogative. MOVE ON.

http://docandraider.com

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#41re: Rosie's Opinion of Hairspray, I Finally Disagree With Her.
Posted: 7/23/07 at 7:11am

"It thrives where Chicago, Phantom, Rent, Producers (though I'm in a small minority that enjoyed producers) and to a less extent, Dreamgirls failed."

Really? Just how did the best picture-winning Chicago fail?

Videos