Anthony Warlow in POTO

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#25re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 1/13/08 at 1:54am

Certainly puts Jackman's singing in the shade!

Actor2
#26re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 1/13/08 at 8:49am

Updated On: 1/13/08 at 08:49 AM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#27re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 2/12/08 at 10:08pm

http://www.abc.net.au/brisbane/stories/s2160097.htm?brisbane

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

fosca3 Profile Photo
fosca3
#28re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 2/12/08 at 10:27pm

His duet with Philip Quast in 'Lily's Eyes' (from the Australian Highlights of 'Secret Garden') is my single favorite recorded Broadway song. Their 2 voices together are pure magic

You don't go to the dragon without a present - Mark Rylance

LizzieCurry
#30re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 3/29/08 at 6:35pm

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2008/mar/30/behind-mask/

Mrs Mangel  Profile Photo
Mrs Mangel
#31re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 3/29/08 at 6:52pm

I saw his Phantom last week- it was one of those crazy situations when at the begining of act 2, it was announced that the Christine was out (she wasn't at the top of her game) and that the, like , understudy to the understudy to the understudy had to finish up the show. All in all, it turned out to be one of the most exciting nights at the theatre.

Marie-Cris
#32re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 3/30/08 at 12:41am

I noticed a couple of you are crying out for a cast recording; I believe we're in the same boat.

I'm running the Phantom of the Opera Australian Cast Recording and / or Filmed Stage Performance Petition (Starring Anthony Warlow) at my AW fan forum, Unexpected Song: Celebrating the Life of Anthony Warlow ((http://unexpectedsong.proboards104.com/ - I'd link the title but I'm not sure what coding this message board uses)). It's been running for 180 days and has 641 signatures; four of these include cast members Simon Pryce, Nadia Komazac, John Bowles and Ana Marina. We also have Anthony Warlow's support. While he may not be able to put his name down at the moment ((it's far too early)) he has assured me he will do what he can ((when he can, of course)) in aid of the petition ((research of the past petition, et cetera)). He wants this to happen just as much as we do.

If you are interested in signing, please drop by Unexpected Song ((which Anthony Warlow has seen, actually; and a lot of random people have been coming up to him and telling him about it)), look for the "Phantom of the Opera A.C.R. + Film Petition" thread ((it's an announcement, so you can pick any board and find it at the top with the other subboards)). I will be opening Unexpected Song to guest posters from the 1st of April until the 1st of May ((in honour of Unexpected Song's 2nd birthday on April 20th)), so if you do not wish to register you can guest post between these dates. Alternatively you can reply with your name here and I will add it to the petition.

Now that I've advertised, let me leave with these last thoughts: I have seen him perform in Phantom - twice ((seen the show three times; had Simon Pryce for my third)). I have met Anthony Warlow - twice. And on the second night, as we said our goodbyes, he gave me a lingering kiss on my cheek.

Isn't he darling?

~ Marie-Cris
- Main Administrator of Unexpected Song: Celebrating the Life of Anthony Warlow.
Unexpected Song: Celebrating the Life of Anthony Warlow

Main Administrator of Unexpected Song: Celebrating the Life of Anthony Warlow Warlovian - and proud.

LizzieCurry
#33re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 3/30/08 at 4:30am

Yeah, it worked so well the first time!

Well, good luck...

Khashoggi Profile Photo
Khashoggi
#34re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 3/30/08 at 8:35am

You people are sick. Leave the man alone and stop loitering around the theatre. There's supportive fans, and then there's you.
Let me just point out that these "petition people" used to turn up at the Princess Theatre every night in Melbourne at interval, and harass the audience members who were innocently enjoying the show. Get lives. ASAP.

"I will join this conversation on the proviso that we stop bitching about people. Wigs, dresses, bust sizes, penises, nightclubs and bloody Kylie!" - Bernadette, Priscilla Queen of the Desert the Musical

LizzieCurry
#35re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 5/19/08 at 2:51am

http://illawarra.yourguide.com.au/news/local/news/general/the-phantom-who-overcame-his-demons/770440.aspx

nztheatreluva Profile Photo
nztheatreluva
#36re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 5/19/08 at 2:54am

I can't wait until POTO comes to New Zealand in November with him so that i can see him. I'm not a Phantom fan, but I will go to anything with Anthony Warlow in it

J'ai compris tous les mots, j'ai bien compris, merci.............

sparrman
#37re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 5/19/08 at 8:41am

What the hell is it going to take to get this man on Broadway in some show or other?

Heck, how about just a concert?

Has Warlow ever even VISITED the US?

LizzieCurry
#38re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 5/19/08 at 9:33am

He recorded J & H here.

Mattbrain
#39re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 5/19/08 at 9:43am

He sure did. And blew me away 14 years later.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#40re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 5/19/08 at 11:43am

I wish him well re: Anthony Warlow in POTO

His Enjolras in LES MIZ remains the definitives performance of the role IMO and he has an amazing voice.

His J/H is amazing, too.

Would LOVE to hear/see him in POTO.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#40re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 5/19/08 at 11:43am

PS- Does anyone know if he has any plans to come Stateside again?

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 5/19/08 at 11:43 AM

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#42re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 5/19/08 at 4:31pm

If Anthony Warlow ever makes it out of Down Under to do some performing, I am THERE. London, New York, Paris, wherever! Just... don't tell the bank what the loan is *really* for, 'kay guys? re: Anthony Warlow in POTO

In the meantime, it's just me and my Opera Australia DVDs. *sigh*

LizzieCurry
#43re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 5/28/08 at 10:37pm

http://www.mosmandaily.com.au/article/2008/05/28/2102_stepping_out.html

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#44re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 5/29/08 at 1:50am

Weez, why don't you just come to Australia to see him?

Urban
#45re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 5/29/08 at 6:05am

With alterego here! Come visit us! We promise to not be too scary!

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#46re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 5/29/08 at 6:39pm

I scarcely can cope with the eight hours on a plane to NY; the only way I could get Down Under without going screwy would be as part of a world tour, and I totally don't have the money for that. Hell, I don't even have the money for NY at the moment. re: Anthony Warlow in POTO

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#47re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 5/29/08 at 8:55pm

Neither do I.

LizzieCurry
#48re: Anthony Warlow in POTO
Posted: 5/29/08 at 10:39pm

Saving up for Australia is totally worth it.

Although the flight is kind of a mood-killer. I survived the 14 hours from San Francisco to Auckland (and then Sydney to SF), but it's not for everybody...

Videos