That's Funny!

9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#26re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 2:36pm

Lets see FIERCY JRB basically sad everything you said was a lie. Why would you assume that he would laugh when he finds out who you are. I would think he would be pissed. Thats just me though.

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

FIERCEY516
#27re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 2:39pm

Looney, that was actually pretty funny.

Bauseur - lighten up.

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#28re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 2:46pm

Sorry FIERCY just my opinion. Hey if you know JRB good.I was just pointing out that he did not seem too happy when he responded to you initial post.

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#29re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 2:54pm

Fiercey is a fraud! I know him. He is an assistant for Goodman Productions. He doesn't know anything!!

Anyway... I think PARADE should be given a revival within the next 3 or 4 years. Just my opinion.

Mattbrain
#30re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 3:24pm

Yes. And this revival should feature the revisions made for the London production and Don Sebesky's original breathtaking orchestrations.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

SporkGoddess
#31re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 4:18pm

Some people have said that the book was a mess. It's my second favorite show, but I can't disagree with that statement.

Also, IMO, it made the case too oversimplified and the show too full of stereotypes. In real life, Leo wasn't quite so "Woody Allen" Jewish and Lucille wasn't quite so southern, and the case wasn't so black and white.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 4/7/08 at 04:18 PM

snl89
#32re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 6:56pm

Ok, I'm sorry, I am going to be a complete and UTTER fangirl right now and divert the conversation to say something since I did not realize he actually posts on here:

JRB, you are AMAZING and I just had to take a minute to thank you for everything you do. Because truly, you're one of the most brilliant composers I know of, and your shows mean SO much to me. They are the epitome of what great theater is all about!

so, yeah, thank you!!

(again, I apologize for doing that because I know it's sily. Heck, I wouldn't even believe it was really JRB except that I know he's mentioned BWW a few different times in interviews/articles and such, so.. I totally DO believe it's for real! So, yeah, I just felt the need, considering I think it's really him, to say that)

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 4/7/08 at 06:56 PM

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#33re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 6:57pm

It is JRB. He posts here once every couple of months or so. He seems very nice.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

snl89
#34re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 7:06pm

haha yeah, see I knew he reads the boards and everything, but I just didn't realize he actually posts, so when I saw that it was kind of a kdjklas fangirl moment re: Parade

ANYWAY, I love Parade. a lot. And I'd just like to throw out there that Old Red Hills of Home is legit one of the most spine-tingling, gorgeous songs I've ever heard.

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#35re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 7:12pm

Old Red Hills Of Home, along with a variety of songs from Les Mis, is one of those songs absolutely guaranteed to improve my posture. It's just so stirring, I can't help but want to sit/stand up straight and enjoy the music. :3

SporkGoddess
#36re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 7:14pm

It makes me proud to be Southern, even though I'm not Southern.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#37re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 7:16pm

Dammit, now I have to listen to it. It is SUCH a JRB night tonight. XD

Mattbrain
#38re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 7:21pm

Well, snl89, you sure put it better than me. I almost PM'ed him but it was just a lot of rambling basically.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

snl89
#39re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 7:29pm

Dammit, now I have to listen to it. It is SUCH a JRB night tonight. XD

totally listening to it RIGHT now re: Parade ...instead of doing much needed Bio homework that's already late, might I add.

But, you know... JRB/Parade/Old Red Hills of Home > Bio homework :P

HoshiForever Profile Photo
HoshiForever
#40re: Parade
Posted: 4/7/08 at 8:05pm

::applauds JRB's smack down::

Parade is one of my favorite shows. I was lucky enough to be able to see it twice at the Donmar (I was studying abroad, how's that for timing?), and I think the book does drag it down. However, it still is so powerful emotionally raw, thanks to the amazing score.

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#41re: Parade
Posted: 4/8/08 at 1:28am

Since JRB's reading this and everything, I'll just throw this out there:

Jason, please stop reading the ridiculous garbage the rest of us are wasting our lives writing on the message boards. Instead, have a nice drink and sit at your piano and create some more wonderful songs. I never get sick of them because nobody can play the dang things and thus your teenage fangirls have yet to beat them to death for me at auditions and showcases. Except Stars and the Moon -- somehow all the accompanists have learned that one, but I still like it anyway.

I know "art isn't easy" and all, but while I'm talentless and my time on BWW squanders nothing, it pains me that professionals of your caliber are wiling away their time here too.

You get the nice version of this message, though. If I find out Adam Guettel is reading BWW instead of working then I'll really go through the roof. Seriously, must the man make me wait a freaking decade between projects?

Anyway, in all sincerity I appreciate your post and your setting the record straight. There are so many self-proclaimed experts on here with nothing but hot air to blow.

Videos