pixeltracker

Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight- Page 2

Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight

gypsy4
#25re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 1:38am

just picture what she would be like if they wanted to change some choreography.

Mekroth
#26re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 1:38am

The only real Lupwn.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#27re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 1:39am

Didn't Patti have problem with cell phones in SWEENEY too? And at City Center, didn't she kick a Playbill of the stage, and it hit someone? LOL

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#28re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 1:40am

I'm glad that someone is looking for the theatre goers.

I've been to too many shows that are just as bad as going to the movies. Maybe I'm old fashioned about the theatre....but there should be some civility and courtesy.

I can't conceive why someone would feel the need to text during a theatre production.

Kudos to Patti!

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 7/3/08 at 1:41am

Updated On: 5/3/09 at 01:41 AM

gypsy4
#30re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 1:41am

This reminds me of that on seinfeld episode with requel welch.

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#31re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 1:42am

When I saw Gypsy a few months ago I was getting over a cold and during the scene before Everything's Coming Up Roses I started to have a coughing fit. I almost got up and left but I was sitting in the front row and was afraid Patti ( and a hundred other theatre goers) would burn me with thier eyes if I got up and left during the song. So instead I tried to breath less so I wouldn't cough. I kid you not. It was not terribly pleasant. re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Updated On: 7/3/08 at 01:42 AM

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#32re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 1:52am

I like Sour Skittles

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 7/3/08 at 1:54am

Updated On: 5/3/09 at 01:54 AM

verynewyorkcurious
#34re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 1:57am

I hate peanut butter but I love Reeses Pieces.

LPF are you local? Have you ever tried Jacques Torres? It is delicious chocolate.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 7/3/08 at 2:05am

Updated On: 5/3/09 at 02:05 AM

WhitehallandMarks
#36re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 2:21am

I can confirm that the offenders were offered other seats, but turned them down. The mother got nasty and claimed the daughter "did nothing wrong; it was an accident that her phone went off," and also, "We waited a long time to get to see this show."

I, for one, am thrilled at the LuPwning. Several surrounding theatregoers said the same.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 7/3/08 at 2:23am

Updated On: 5/3/09 at 02:23 AM

WhitehallandMarks
#38re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 2:26am

I agree completely! If you waited that long, then behave for a few damn hours. And for goodness' sake, take responsibility for your actions.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#39re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 2:32am

"All cameras have a tiny red light which can almost be pinpointed by seat number."

Any half intelligent bootlegger knows to put black electric tape over that ****.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/
Updated On: 7/3/08 at 02:32 AM

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 7/3/08 at 2:35am

Updated On: 5/3/09 at 02:35 AM

jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
#41re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 2:53am

PATTI ROCKS!!!! Actually, Patti's reaction was calm in comparison to a performance of "Occupant" with Anne Bancroft. There was a rude audience member talking and coughing for a long time during the show. Ms. Bancroft came out of character, looked at the man in the audience, and told him to go outside, finish his conversation, and buy some HALLS. It was hysterical...

Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#42re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 3:19am

I've never been a big fan of Skittles.

Well I don't like you either! *sobs*

To be clear, the seat was $27 student rush, but the girl had dragged her mother to wait an hour before the box office opened.

Why would you get to the theatre an hour before the box office opened to make sure you got the best seats for the show you wanted to see for a "long time", then spend the show texting? If her phone went off by accident, she should have blushed profusely, shut if off, then buried it in her bag on the floor. She shouldn't be fumbling with it long enough to have the people onstage notice.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
Updated On: 7/3/08 at 03:19 AM

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 7/3/08 at 3:32am

Updated On: 5/3/09 at 03:32 AM

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#44re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 3:37am

LePetiteFromage, I adore you.
It's just *that* simple ...
Surely, you'll learn to deal. re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#45re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 3:40am

I am a huge Patti LuPone fan, but I even find Patti's actions toward this girl, no matter how rude she was in the audience, a bit ridiculous. I'm no actor or singer, but I'm sure peering through the curtain when the audience can see you is unprofessional. If Patti wasn't able to do her craft because of the texting, like another poster said, shouldn't she have been trying to focus even more on the role and her performance than obsessing over one particular audience member?

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#46re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 3:42am

Ugh. These are times when cell phone signal blockers should be LEGAL in New York City. Broadway has adapted SO MUCH in the last few decades. And with basically every part of our lives being invested in some sort of technology, there should be times where that pleasure needs to be postponed (or I suppose LuPwned). I mean seriously people.

Who the hell in your life is going to be so important, that you can't sacrifice 2.5 hours to see a show? HELL, they give you a 15 intermission to call and say, "WOW! Patti is amazing! I wish you were here. Opps! Gotta turn my phone off, they just dimmed the lights for act 2"

Putting your phone on silent is not the answer either. Because I agree with the post that talked about cell phone glares and lights being an INCREDIBLE distraction. Because when you get a text, you're itching to open it up and read who its from. We all know this, cause most of us have done it. FOR THE RECORD, i'm VERY bad about doing that in a movie theatre, but out of respect for my fellow patrons (and now knowing that it really DOES bother actors), I turn my phone OFF when I go see a show. I'm doing my part to not only enhance MY enjoyment of the show, but I'm showing consideration for YOUR enjoyment as well. Why not show me the same respect?

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

verynewyorkcurious
#47re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 3:49am

Back in high school, I used to separate the orange Skittles and throw them out. True story.

MUA-HA-HA-HA-HA

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 7/3/08 at 3:50am

Updated On: 5/3/09 at 03:50 AM

walkedthroughmany Profile Photo
walkedthroughmany
#49re: Patti did some LuPwning of her own tonight
Posted: 7/3/08 at 4:17am

The "actors" need to concentrate on their performances.

----

Have you ever been in a theatre when someone opens their cell phone? I notice it every time...not even the Broadway show in front of me can distract me from a cell phone opening up. You can't expect an actor to block that out. The glow of a cell phone is like setting up a lighthouse in the middle of a dark theatre. I can't imagine how distracting cell phones must be from on stage. Patti had every right to notice and report that girl.

Videos