pixeltracker

Winner of "Search for Elle Woods" Contract- Page 2

Winner of "Search for Elle Woods" Contract

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#25re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 5:03pm

does no one else seem to have a problem with the fact that, you know, she cant actually sing? i saw the show last night and i kept thinking to myself, why is this young lady being considered for the lead on a broadway musical? she simply has a very generic and sometimes very off-key voice. she seemed fine in her lower register, but when she "belted" she was way off.

it just seems crazy that there are probably hundreds of people who have been in the business for years, struggling, trying to make it... with real genuine talent who were passed over for this marketing play. and then they pick someone who has a sub-par voice?

i dont want to pay $110 to see someone warble their way through a show. i'd be pissed if spent my money and had to watch her.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 7/22/08 at 5:14pm

Updated On: 5/2/09 at 05:14 PM

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#27re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 5:18pm

lepetite... i'm not taking anything "too seriously" i'm not sitting here rocking back and forth wringing my hands in the air with rage. i'm just saying, as a fan of the theater, its obnoxious that for 6 months people who want to see this show will have to sit through a sub-par amateurish performance. i listened to the single clip on amazon... even the studio version the girl has a very VERY below average voice.

so i feel for the folks who are maybe traveling to the city for vacation, maybe seeing a show for the first time, and this is what they get... with broadway i expect more... i always go to the theater because i know the bar will always be raised as far as talent goes. thats what i pay $110 for.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 7/22/08 at 5:25pm

Updated On: 5/2/09 at 05:25 PM

#29re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 5:46pm

THANK YOU, lepetite. it's about time someone looked at this realistically and not having a bitchy queeny fit about it.

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#30re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 6:13pm

mommarose, that sounded very bitchy and queeny...

SporkGoddess
#31re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 6:52pm

For heaven's sake, she wasn't off-key. Seth Rudetsky even commented on how good her singing was in his latest blog.

No, she isn't an amazing singer, but she's decent. Better than LBB, at any rate.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

dinglehopper89
#32re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 7:01pm

Whoa whoa whoa...there is no way Bailey is better than LBB.
I don't think Bailey will last longer than a month and even if she does Autumn will sure have fun understudying all the time. And sure LBB was out, but that was after like a year when her voice was starting to go.

And she was off key at one point, the judges pointed it out during the performance and I heard it.

SporkGoddess
#33re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 7:07pm

LBB's always been a bad singer, in my opinion. At least Bailey isn't so nasally and breathy.

Bailey was off-key once, yes. You said that everytime she belted she was--not true.

dinglehopper89
#34re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 7:17pm

Well then I guess the LBB vs Bailey is really just opinion.

I'm mostly worried that Bailey won't be able to handle the role because she's never done 8 shows a week before and now her first broadway experience is a very demanding role and she never had smaller roles to work up to it and get used to it.

And just to clarify, I never said she was off everytime she belted...someone else did.

SporkGoddess
#35re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 7:22pm

Sorry, my bad.

And I am also worried about Bailey's stamina. We'll see, I suppose.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#36re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 7:49pm

I think that people were so used to seeing Bundy do the role of Elle that they have convinced themselves that no one can do it better. People are forgetting that Baily has been in rehersals for four months prior to taking over the lead role. We don't know if she has improved. We don't know if she will be giving a sub par performance. And, the touristts who would be seeing her perform don't look at theatre the same way we do. They just want a nice enjoyable time. Their opinion of what is good theatre and what is bad theatre is very different from yours or mine. Different from people who go to the theatre on a regular basis and have very high expetations.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

dinglehopper89
#37re: Winner of 'Search for Elle Woods' Contract
Posted: 7/22/08 at 8:05pm

That's true...
But I also saw Becky as Elle and loved her. I was upset that I wasn't seeing LBB because it was my first time seeing the show but she blew me away and although I will admit that I didn't like her better than Laura (which I know proves your point lol) she came very close to it.
And also, I reaaaaally want to know when that recording of So Much Better with Bailey took place because I did not like it and if it was recently, then she obviously did not become good enough. Only one more day till her first performance...whoever is going-I would love a review on how she does =D

Videos