WithoutATrace
#25re: Equus tonight (9/10/08 evening)
Posted: 9/12/08 at 10:51am

Awesome! So glad you enjoyed it.

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#26re: Equus tonight (9/10/08 evening)
Posted: 9/12/08 at 5:35pm

A silly question but does the Alan Strang character still sing the Milky Bar Kid jingle in the Broadway production?

kec Profile Photo
kec
#27re: Equus tonight (9/10/08 evening)
Posted: 9/12/08 at 5:38pm

You know, Scripps, I was going to ask a similar question -- my guess is that he would sing a jingle more familiar to U.S. audiences.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#28re: Equus tonight (9/10/08 evening)
Posted: 9/12/08 at 5:42pm

Yes, he still sings the Milky Bar jingle, along with something about a martini.

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#29re: Equus tonight (9/10/08 evening)
Posted: 9/12/08 at 6:01pm

Thanks Adam.

I was assuming the Martini jingle would have been international and therefore recognised by an American audience. Having said that, the recognition (or otherwise) of both jingles may have as much to do with the period as it does with the product.

artifact11 Profile Photo
artifact11
#30re: Equus tonight (9/10/08 evening)
Posted: 9/12/08 at 6:14pm

WannaBeAFoster, how did you manage to score front row center tickets??

"I bought it the day the box office opened."

With wild dreams of buying a cancellation first row orchestra seat for tonight (Friday) or tomorrow (Saturday), I got to the box office and found out I could get a sixth row premium ticket for $300something tonight, or a non-premium 17th row ticket for tomorrow nite. Bottom line, the first twelve rows center orchestra and first two seats on the orchestra aisle are all premium priced, I managed to get a sixth row orchestra for "regular" price of $116.50 for a Thursday nite in October, as I was the third seat off the aise in the side orchestra.

So, at least I will see it relatively soon. Would I have paid for a premium ticket if I could get first row center? I guess I'll never know.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#31re: Equus tonight (9/10/08 evening)
Posted: 9/12/08 at 6:25pm

My front row center seat was $116.50. It wasn't premium.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#32re: Equus tonight (9/10/08 evening)
Posted: 9/12/08 at 7:18pm

I'm seeing the show in a week from front row, right orchestra aisle seats that I also paid $116 for, and I didn't even get them on the day the box office opened.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#33re: Equus tonight (9/10/08 evening)
Posted: 9/12/08 at 10:51pm

Unsold premium seats are always released and sold the day of the performance at normal ticket prices. You just have to time it and go to the box office a few hours before curtain when they are released. Thats one of the reasons why its always best to get tickets to Broadway shows last minute.

Videos