Welcome BILLY ELLIOT

WishingOnlyWounds2
#25re: Welcome BILLY ELLIOT
Posted: 10/1/08 at 12:57pm

http://trentkowalik.com/

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

LotteTBS138 Profile Photo
LotteTBS138
#26re: Welcome BILLY ELLIOT
Posted: 10/1/08 at 1:00pm

I saw the show in London last November and LOVED IT!! I had no idea what on earth I was going to see but it was great.

My only question is with the accents and if they are going to "tone down" the Geordie (Newcastle) accent? Even though, that is part of the story with the separation within the north and south, I had a tough time understanding some of it in London.

I once heard someone describe her (Ruthie Henshall) singing as sounding as though she's trying to swallow a whole meatball slightly larger than her windpipe. (The same person compared Michael Ball's singing to sounding as though he's sitting on a washing machine on spin cycle and Colm Wilkinson's to a man with a paralyzed lip trying to eat cottage cheese.) --- Schmerg_The_Impaler

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#27re: Welcome BILLY ELLIOT
Posted: 10/1/08 at 1:00pm

The box office has said that at this point there is no plan to have rush or lottery, to answer that question.

And is that link implying that Trent is going on tonight? I don't have a preference as I want to eventually see all three... but still.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#28re: Welcome BILLY ELLIOT
Posted: 10/1/08 at 2:26pm

Wear your T-shirt with pride Bundy - Billy Elliot is about self-expression if nothing else.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#29re: Welcome BILLY ELLIOT
Posted: 10/1/08 at 2:32pm

Not sure who's going on, but he does have some good pots about the show.

Lotte, There doing the Georgie accent and I remember Trent saying "it was really hard for me with Broadway because I have to perfect my accent so Americans understand, where in London they new the accent so I didn't have to be as clear while speaking" or something like that. Not sure exactly what he meant, but it sounds like they're just making the accent clearer, but not less British.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#30re: Welcome BILLY ELLIOT
Posted: 10/1/08 at 5:02pm

Break-a-leg, Elton, cast and crew re: Welcome BILLY ELLIOT

I can't wait for my chance to see this.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

sgv123
cudramacat
#32re: Welcome BILLY ELLIOT
Posted: 10/1/08 at 11:09pm

I saw the dress rehearsal this afternoon and was completely amazed. This is by far one of my favorite musicals. It is very refreshing. Love it!

"Life has been your art. You have set yourself to music. Your days are your sonnets." -Oscar Wilde

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#33re: Welcome BILLY ELLIOT
Posted: 10/2/08 at 12:02am

I saw Billy Elliot in London and am flying to NYC to see it in a couple of week. The show is f***ng brilliant and should be a shoo-in for the best musical Tony as well as for best supporting actress for Haydn Gwynne- she totally blew me away in London with her performance.

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#34re: Welcome BILLY ELLIOT
Posted: 10/2/08 at 12:17am

Show was out of this world tonight.

For a first preview it was pretty damn perfect. There were some mishaps but nothing major.

Kiril was absolutely phenomenal as Billy. I saw Leone Cooke in London and Kiril blew him out of the water. 'Electricity' is indeed a show stopper.

The rest of the cast is sensational as well. Every one of them.

Definitely going to be the hit this season. Get your tickets now--it's unbelievable!

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#35re: Welcome BILLY ELLIOT
Posted: 10/2/08 at 1:49am

As Anti said, it was an incredible first preview. But I can't name ONE showstopper. There are so many! Kiril is divine. There's no other word for it. (Remember, I said it first!)

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

Videos