News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LeaGirl

LeaGirl Profile Photo
Member Name: LeaGirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Facebook & Celebrity Friends  Nov 10 2009, 12:28:42 PM
Easy answer - just don't accept Taz's friend request. (edited to fix typo!)

re: Regina Spektor To Collaborate On Broadway Bound Musical  Sep 16 2009, 11:39:35 AM
I usually don't get too excited for things before they've been worked on a bit but...

Wow. That makes me so excited. I'm sitting here grinning.

re: Alan Menken and Tim Rice's KING DAVID!  Aug 26 2009, 09:38:48 AM
I remember being easily distracted during the show (some of that might have been the New Amsterdam which was amazing and I had NEVER seen) but I really love the CD.
re: Alice Ripley COMPANY (and new stringent Facebook procedures)  Aug 18 2009, 08:22:31 AM
To answer the original question, I thought Alice was brilliant in Company. Very very funny. I'm probably biased because I saw that production just for her - but she stole the show - though the rest of the cast was pretty excellent as well.

I do remember that every night the audience went wild after her number - I think everyone would have been ok if she'd done it again. She's an extremely gifted comic actress.

I actually enjoyed that entire production for the most part. I th

re: Next To Normal rush post Tonys?  Jun 29 2009, 01:07:59 PM
I rushed Saturday and everybody who got there before 9:15 got a ticket, though towards the end of the line people had to be flexible about which show they were going to since one sold out before the other.
re: Meghann Fahy on as Natalie in Next to Normal TONIGHT  Jun 25 2009, 03:00:02 PM
For what it is worth, there is a group of altarholics who rush this show and who seem to enjoy a good overnight outside a theater.

Having never seen that show I didn't know their fanbase was so devoted but a fair amount of them seem to be hardcore rushing this show for Kyle Dean Massey.

re: Meghann Fahy on as Natalie in Next to Normal TONIGHT  Jun 25 2009, 01:33:42 PM
I think people WERE rushing that early to see the understudy, since the absence was planned and it sold out the show.

If it hadn't been sold out I doubt it would have been that intense.

re: Booth Theater Question  May 29 2009, 10:28:27 AM
The Booth is way smaller than the Imperial. I think the Imperial seats around 1400 and the Booth seats around 780.
re: Question About NEXT TO NORMAL General Rush  May 21 2009, 03:09:22 PM
At this point I would say there would be no chance - they've been selling out as soon as the box office opens, I think.
re: Do theater snobs who hate shows like Legally Blonde love Next to Normal  May 14 2009, 10:54:17 AM
I don't really understand how the two are related.

I love Next to Normal.

I enjoyed myself at Legally Blonde.

Obviously they're two very different kinds of shows... but I enjoy serious fare and occasional fluff. Variety is the spice of life.

re: Predictions of what the Tony nominees will perform on Tony night?  May 5 2009, 04:49:09 PM
I just hope all shows avoid medleys.

And I think Rock of Ages should do "Here I Go Again" for sure... I randomly caught them doing that on some TV show once and it came across very well.

Hair has so many options. And actually Hair might be able to pull off a medley and not have it come across as a disaster.

re: Predictions of what the Tony nominees will perform on Tony night?  May 5 2009, 02:02:18 PM
Next to Normal ought to do "Just Another Day" - if they need it to end without... bread throwing they could just end the song the way it used to end before they added that....

The song is catchy, upbeat, and showcases all of the nominated actors.

And Aaron Tveit shirtless is not bad advertising.

re: Next To Normal Question *potential spoilers*  May 4 2009, 01:24:58 PM
No, that's how the line is read in the show, too.

re: Closed Shows Performing at the Tonys  May 1 2009, 08:50:30 AM
I might be completely wrong... but didn't they change the rules sometime in the past few years?

In the back of my mind I seem to remember some sort of fuss where Big River couldn't perform because they were closed - and they were going on tour and really could have used the tv time...

And I remember thinking, wait... closed shows used to perform all the time....

Honestly I have no idea but that's what is stuck in my brain.

re: If you could pick one Tony winner...  Apr 19 2009, 10:27:03 PM
Alice Ripley winning for best actress in a musical.

Anything else will sort of be a moot point for me if that doesn't happen.

re: Quick Thoughts On N2N and 9To5 4/11  Apr 12 2009, 08:43:20 PM
No actually, going nuts is the right word for what happened during that line... I was there last night and was really surprised by the screams that line drew. There was an especially rowdy (not bothersome though) group of teenagers behind us who screamed especially loud, but it wasn't just them...

After the show I turned to the people I was with and wondered exactly how long there will be enough Wicked types packing the house for it to get that response repeatedly.

I actually

re: Alice Ripley as Fantine?  Apr 10 2009, 12:33:02 PM
I saw her on the tour in 93? I had no idea who she was at the time but I was impressed enough with her to get her to sign my program - and never forgot her name. Her performance made me a huge fan. That was a good cast. And then ended up seeing her do the role several times on broadway.. like 1998-99ish? I thought she was fantastic. Les Mis sort of had its ins and outs over the years but that cast she was with was very good.

She does an incredible "I Dreamed a Dream". Very emotional.

re: I'm ready for a revival of THE SECRET GARDEN  Apr 8 2009, 05:05:04 PM
That World Aids Day cast with Laura Benanti and Will Chase and Steven Pasquale was pretty amazing. I thought there was going to be a riot when "Lily's Eyes" finished.

The Secret Garden was the first show I was completely obsessed with when I was a kid so it holds a place in my heart - I wore out the tape and my mother took to leaving me in the theater lobby and letting me see the show alone because she didn't care for it - I was 11.

I'd love to see a revival but... I'd probabl

re: N2N Soundtrack  Apr 7 2009, 03:08:33 PM
Off the top of my head it was (at 2nd Stage)

Let There Be Light
Just Another Day
Perfect
Costco (got cut during the run)
Who's Crazy - My Psychopharmacologist and I
Perfect for You
I Miss the Mountains
It's Gonna Be Good
He's Not Here
You Don't Know
I Am the One
Superboy and the Invisible Girl
Open Your Eyes (got cut during the run)
I'm Alive
Catch Me I'm Falling
I Dreamed a Dance
There's A World
Didn'

re: N2N Soundtrack  Apr 7 2009, 01:21:18 AM
This turned out absolutely gorgeous. I had already preordered the CD... but didn't mind dropping the extra money on the iTunes. I'm happy to support this show and this CD is perfect.

I'm so happy!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You