pixeltracker

Romantic Poetry Reviews!- Page 2

Romantic Poetry Reviews!

barcelona20
#25re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 5:50pm

I hardly consider posting on a internet message board grounds for dismissal. This lies 100% on MTC for producing a terrible show. It's not like the person revealed some intimate secrets that nobody knew. Don't shoot the messenger. Oh wait, they did!

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#26re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 6:06pm

While this sounds bad, I am a very big fan of the amazing Patina Miller, and I've heard good things about her performance. I wish she got a little more mention.
I don't know how such a talented creative team can produce what sounds like complete drivel

sineparade
#27re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 6:36pm

yankee: the dumbest post on this thread is the one that you left. your obvious mendacity makes you the ignorant tool of the MTC thought police, and it's reactionary policy, which punishes truth tellers.

Yankeefan007
#28re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 6:39pm

I wouldn't want an usher badmouthing one of my shows, especially one in dire need of help.

wonkit
#29re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 6:55pm

I am sorry to hear about the firing but there isn't an employer in the world who will (or should) tolerate bad pr from an employee. For a paycheck, stuff a sock in it.

sineparade
#30re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 6:55pm

smaxie: the baby seal in ur icon should have it's skull crushed. do you realize how ignorant your post is? do you really believe that someone should be fired for expressing her opinion on this thread? if so, then i think you should be ignored for being petty, mean, and boring.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#31re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 7:00pm

I'm sure MTC realizes what they have on their hands with Romantic Poetry. The fact that her comments were not removed from this thread means that they are not trying to silence her. But I do think their decision that a paid employee who bad mouths their productions in a public forum is not someone they want to have on their payroll is an understandable one.

Sineparade, you've joined this board today and your only posts have been to lash out at MTC for WickedMuzzy's firing, and anyone who dare suggest that she got what was coming to her for a truly stupid action. Clearly, this is a very personal issue for you. I think you should reconsider your sentiments in this thread, and post more prudently in the future.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
Updated On: 10/30/08 at 07:00 PM

sineparade
#32re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 7:09pm

yankee: yes, fire anyone that hurts your precious feelings. great artists, and i think that shanley is one, aren't as precious as you. he can take the criticism and i'm sure that he would not agree with you.

LadyRosecoe
#33re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 7:31pm

sineparade, it sounds as if your feelings are still quite sore from being fired and you're lashing out on others expressing THEIR opinions. Jesus, I can't understand how you can call anyone petty 8-|

sineparade
#34re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 7:35pm

Smaxie: what is your motivation for posting on this thread? i think that you need to be more prudent before you post another indefensible and embarrassing comment. for me this issue is very personal, because i advocate for the rights of the people that work in theatre. if you really believe that muzzy deserved to be fired for posting on this thread then consider me an enemy. if i could fire you for posting on this thread i would not, because it would be an outrageous abuse of power.

sineparade
#35re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 7:53pm

i am not muzzy. i am responding to the people that have responded to my post. is that okay with you? do you have a problem with people that challenge your opinions on a thread?

PiraguaGuy2
#36re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 7:54pm

I REALLY want to see this.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

LadyRosecoe
#37re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 7:57pm

It's the nature with which you respond to people that seems most abrasive and uncalled for. Say what you want, I really don't care what you do.

I saw it last night and still don't know what I have seen Piragua.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#38re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 8:22pm

As far as embarrassing comments, sineparade, you are the one getting so worked up that you are talking about bashing in the skulls of baby seals.

My reason for posting in this thread at this point in the discourse is that you seem to feel that individuals should not be held accountable for their own actions. As others here have mentioned, what WickedMuzzy did would get her fired from just about any company in America.

And as far as your claim about fighting for the rights of people who work in theatre... fair wages, health care, pension and welfare... those are issues worth fighting for. But as far as an usher gleefully disparaging the work of the company that employs her and getting fired for it? You can go down with the ship on that one.

Updated On: 10/30/08 at 08:22 PM

sineparade
#39re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 8:52pm

what about freedom of speech. you forgot that one. we know where you stand on that, and we know that you would crush the mind of someone that posted on this thread; mtc took away her job to punish her for saying what was true. you agree with her firing, and therefore you are complicit in it. that is your shame.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#40re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 8:59pm

Um. No opinion is a truth.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#41re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 9:09pm

I believe fully in freedom of speech - even served on a jury where I had to defend the freedom of speech of someone whose political beliefs I found loathsome.

As a human being, WickedMuzzy is free to say whatever she thinks or feels. And if she chose, unwisely, to slam Romantic Poetry as an employee of Manhattan Theatre Club, that was her prerogative. But her subsequent firing should not come to anyone as a shock, least of all her.

So when you speak next to WickedMuzzy, perhaps you should impart the words of advice from another character, coincidentally written by John Patrick Shanley: "Don't SH*T where you eat."

sineparade
#42re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 10:05pm

too bad that you hung muzzy with this jury. your "ideology" is incoherent, but at least you are trying to present yourself as a fair person. keep practicing, and maybe you will get it eventually. until then, keep being the mean and vindictive person that you are.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#43re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 10:15pm

I didn't hang Muzzy; she hung herself.

Meanwhile, you've called YankeeFan's posts "dumb," and "ignorant," and my own, "incoherent," "petty," "boring" and have also called for the crushing of skulls of baby seals, and say that I'M the "mean" and "vindictive" person?

sineparade
#44re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 10:45pm

MTC fired her for posting on this thread. you agree with that. therefore, you and the persons that agree with you are mean and vindictive. yankee called muzzy dumb, and he got as he gave (his post was dumb). what mtc did is indefensible, and only a corporate tool will justify that. i am also a tool, and i am hammering the nails. sorry if the pounding is too noisy.
Updated On: 10/30/08 at 10:45 PM

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#45re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 10:52pm

...the **** are you smoking?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

sineparade
#46re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 11:06pm

wonkit: do you really believe what you posted? i think that your post is drivel, but i would not fire you for it. i am in a union, and my employer could never fire me for any opinion that i expressed or published. mtc fired muzzie because she posted on this thread, and unlike you, she posted a comment that was enlightning.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#47re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 11:10pm

Oh yes. I'd imagine that Muzzy's posts would have been the envy of the Algonquin Round Table.

sineparade
#48re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 11:19pm

smaxie: clever response. i loved that.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#49re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 11:29pm

Freedom of speech doesn't me freedom from the repercussions of free speech. Any employer -whether theatre-related or not - has cause to fire an employee that denigrates their product in on internet forum - if they are stupid enough to make clear who they are.

I would still like muzzy to come forward with her story. Maybe she could write it for a short story memoir contest.

PS - Smaxie is a sexy genius, y'all. You WISH you were Smaxie.
Updated On: 10/30/08 at 11:29 PM

Videos