pixeltracker

Gerald Schoenfeld, Longtime Head of Shubert Organiztion, Passes Away- Page 2

Gerald Schoenfeld, Longtime Head of Shubert Organiztion, Passes Away

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#25re: Gerald Schoenfeld, Longtime Head of Shubert Organiztion, Passes Away
Posted: 11/25/08 at 2:52pm

To all my Passing Strange fan club peeps...Mr. Schoenfeld was a huge part of bringing PS to Bway, and you'd think for an older generation kind of theatre impresario, this would not be his cup of tea...however, he had a great deal of love for Stew and the gang, showed up numerous times to watch the show, and knew that the young theatregoing crowd of the future needed a new direction in musical theater.

He knew everybody, and I mean everybody, and he will be missed at our company xmas party this year...where he schmoozed and smiled with the famous, the not so famous, the porters, the ushers, the office people, etc.

The rare combination of a great businessman and a delightful person.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#27re: Gerald Schoenfeld, Longtime Head of Shubert Organiztion, Passes Away
Posted: 11/25/08 at 3:24pm

A great man and icon for the broadway community has been lost. My thoughts are with his family.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

sundaymorning6am
#28re: Gerald Schoenfeld, Longtime Head of Shubert Organiztion, Passes Away
Posted: 11/25/08 at 7:38pm

I was standing across the street from the Schoenfeld tonight to see the lights go out, and when they did, people all along the street started clapping.

It was really lovely.

RIP Mr. Schoenfeld.

CJR
#29re: Gerald Schoenfeld, Longtime Head of Shubert Organiztion, Passes Away
Posted: 11/26/08 at 12:59am

I wish I could have been there for that... but I was there in spirit.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

LadyDramaturg2
#30re: Gerald Schoenfeld, Longtime Head of Shubert Organiztion, Passes Away
Posted: 11/26/08 at 11:54am

"Who cares? wasn't he part of those selfish bastards..."

You obviously never met Gerry Schoenfeld. If you had, you'd never have characterized him in that way.

And so, your comment winds up saying more about You than about the person you were trying to smear.

Videos