News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Rent tour; "two significant changes to the production"- Page 2

Rent tour; "two significant changes to the production"

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#25re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 10:51pm

Last time the show came through Chicago it was rush as well. Not Lottery.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

alloverthree
#26re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 10:54pm

Thanks! I guess to be on the safe side, I'll just check with the venue to make sure.

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#27re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:05pm

Boston did rush as well the last time Rent came into town.

fromthecity
#28re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:14pm

I really don't think they would open with Halloween. That sounds a bit drastic. It would completely alter the entire opening sequence, cutting out that monologue and ruining that energy that begins with RENT.

I seriously doubt that any of these changes regard rewriting the course of the story or the book.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#29re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:14pm

I think the change could possibly be Mimi dying at the end of the show.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#30re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:15pm

I honestly think Mimi dieing at the end would be such a better ending. Her coming back to life after that song is just so very sappy.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#31re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:18pm

I'm thinking that one of the changes might be Mark's movie. It wouldn't alter the story at all. Maybe they can change it to show more than the random clips of the cast.....just a thought.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#32re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:22pm

I hope they make it LOUDER and put in more audience participation. As long as the drag queen still dies, I am fine with any changes.

PEACE.

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#33re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:26pm

There is no way on God's green earth that Rent's audience could be any louder

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#34re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:27pm

Maybe they'll change Maureen's "moo" to a cluck, or a bark, or a whole barnyard assortment.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#35re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:29pm

^ HA!

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#36re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:37pm

Maybe they will actually eject people from the audience who make the show unbearable for everyone else with their screaming and crying?

PEACE.

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#37re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:40pm

Uuuuwwhhh. Ejecto seats, that is worth the ticket price alone. Seeing an entire section of people flying through the air would be great.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#38re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:41pm

^ That would make my experience so much more enjoyable.

erinrebecca
#39re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 12:01am

"Maybe they will actually eject people from the audience who make the show unbearable for everyone else with their screaming and crying? "

Add their singing along and I'm with you. It makes me cringe when I think about how many crazies are going to be attending shows for this tour.

Manny2
#40re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 1:07am

I actually hope they implement pants with actual hollographic print, like the original ones (mimi's pants, that is)

Well, if greif is making the adjustment, it's strictly blocking, so maybe he's gonna have more cast-members onstage? Make transitions smoother?

I honestly wouldn't mind one less voicemail though....

I have a feeling it's just gonna be in Mark's movie at the end. They'll probably put in a still of Jonathan at the end or something.

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#41re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 1:35am

^ that's the best idea anyone has come up with in this thread

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

husk_charmer
#42re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 1:43am

Didn't a few of the international proudctions have Mimi die?

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Manny2
#43re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 1:46am

Thank you, MrSweetNAwful,

and no, I don't think so. I saw the show in Mexico, and it ended the exact same way. Just because it's an international production means that the plot or major points can be changed; it's the same production, just in a different language (which is really bizzare, by the way, some of the songs were translated horribly).

Another possibility: Maybe they'll project what is being seen through mark's lense as he records on his camera throughout the piece. I always get so caught up in everything, that I forget that he's even making a film until the very end, and I've heard people walk out of the theatre not remembering seeing him record any footage for his film, so I think that that idea which, if well executed, could be a good addition to the show.
Updated On: 1/2/09 at 01:46 AM

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#44re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 1:47am

"They'll probably put in a still of Jonathan at the end or something."

" ^ that's the best idea anyone has come up with in this thread "

if THAT is the best idea, I fear for the future generations of America.

Broadway World posters please don't reproduce!!!

husk_charmer
#45re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 1:49am

Manny2-
I know that just because it's international it doesn't mean MAJOR changes. However, I seem to remember discussion about one or two (Iceland, maybe?) that changed the ending. Hence my question.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Manny2
#46re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 1:54am

I've never heard of that, but I do know that productions in other European countries didn't change it.

The West-End, French, Swiss, Spanish and Portuguese productions were all true to the broadway show, that much I'm positive about. I wouldn't know about Iceland though.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#47re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 2:06am

I have a feeling it's just gonna be in Mark's movie at the end. They'll probably put in a still of Jonathan at the end or something.

That was my first thought, too. I don't know that it's the best idea any more than it is the most logical idea from the clues given.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#48re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 2:19am

Broadway World posters please don't reproduce!!!

Yeah, cause so many BWW posters are into reproductive sex...

jimmycurry01
#49re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 2:29am

If the show ever gets revived, I would love to see a new and different staging and other directorial choices, but this time around, I paid $75 (close to $90 after all the additional charges) per ticket to see the show that I had originally fallen in love with more than ten years ago for one last time. I don't really want to see any significant changes to the direction this time around. This is pretty much the "good bye" tour, so let me say good bye to the show I know and love.

Videos