Hadestown Understudies

MattieIce2018
#550Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:14pm

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2 said: "MattieIce2018 said: "Per Khaila's Instagram story (she shared a post from Kevin Thomas Garcia, the hairdresser at Hadestown) - the principals for the matinee:

Orpheus - Jordan

Eurydice - Khaila

Hermes - Trent

Persephone - Amber

Hades - Patrick

Fates - Tomás Matos, Mariand Torres, Jewelle Blackman

I know there's been talk about pulling actors from other projects - Khaila is currently in tech for the Six tour, is that 5 shows they've pulled from now?
"

Who are the workers??
"

Just edited my post above - 2 swings are on along with Afra, Adam Hyndman (new to the company?) and Timothy Hughes.

Updated On: 3/13/22 at 02:14 PM

EvaIsMyQueen
#551Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:15pm

MattieIce2018 said: "Per Khaila's Instagram story (she shared a post from Kevin Thomas Garcia, the hairdresser at Hadestown) - the cast for the matinee is:

Orpheus - Jordan Dobson

Eurydice - Khaila Wilcoxon

Hermes - Trent Saunders

Persephone - Amber Gray

Hades - Patrick Page

Fates - Tomás Matos, Mariand Torres, Jewelle Blackman

Workers - Sojourner Brown, Afra Hines, Sayo Oni, Adam, Timothy Hughes, Adam Hyndman

I know there's been talk about pulling actors from other projects - Khaila is currently in tech for the Six tour, is that 5 shows they've pulled from now?
"

Did Lana have a scheduled absence this week, or is she out suddenly as well?

MattieIce2018
#552Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:19pm

EvaIsMyQueen said: "Did Lana have a scheduled absence this week, or is she out suddenly as well?"

Lana has been out - Jewelle had announced that she would be on as Persephone all week but they must have needed her as a Fate with all the other absences.

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2
#553Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:19pm

EvaIsMyQueen - unknown about Lana. She was out last weekend too so it might be covid or could have been scheduled vacation. T said there were vacations that overlapped this week but only named Tara (but since he said vacations, there's more than one). 

MattieIce2018- Adam was with the company since at least September 2019 through when covid shut the show down in March 2020. I'm not 100% on if he was with the show before September or not. But I believe he moved to a producer role for another show which is why he left this one. 

Updated On: 3/13/22 at 02:19 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#554Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:20pm

Adam Hyndman has been a vacation swing with the show previously. Lana, Andre and Reeve weren't scheduled to be out this week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#555Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:24pm

Almost the entire cast is out today. Reeve, Andre, Lana, Eva, Jessie, Kay, Emily, Grace, Malcolm are all out plus swings Yaya and Tara. Hopefully T isn't out as well as it's odd he's not on for anyone.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2
#556Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:31pm

ACL2006 said: "Almost the entire cast is out today. Reeve, Andre, Lana, Eva, Jessie, Kay, Emily, Grace, Malcolm are all out plus swings Yaya and Tara. Hopefully T isn't out as well as it's odd he's not on for anyone."

Tara is vacation confirmed. Grace is injuryy (not covid related) confirmed. Regardless, they're out. 

EvaIsMyQueen
#557Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:37pm

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2 said: "ACL2006 said: "Almost the entire cast is out today. Reeve, Andre, Lana, Eva, Jessie, Kay, Emily, Grace, Malcolm are all out plus swings Yaya and Tara. Hopefully T isn't out as well as it's odd he's not on for anyone."

Tara is vacation confirmed. Grace is injuryy (not covid related) confirmed. Regardless, they're out.
"

I'm pretty sure Jessie is confirmed as well, as I'm 90% sure she said she had Covid on her Insta stories

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#558Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:37pm

Guessing Saturday's cancellations were due to Amber possibly not be available and not having a Eurydice.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#559Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:44pm

EvaIsMyQueen said: "Apple Cinnamon Candle 2 said: "ACL2006 said: "Almost the entire cast is out today. Reeve, Andre, Lana, Eva, Jessie, Kay, Emily, Grace, Malcolm are all out plus swings Yaya and Tara. Hopefully T isn't out as well as it's odd he's not on for anyone."

"

I'm pretty sure Jessie is confirmed as well, as I'm 90% sure she said she had Covid on her Insta stories"

Yes, Jessie, Yaya and Emily all confirmed on their IG they have COVID.

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2
#560Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 6:51pm

I hope Charlotte St. Martin attended any of the Hadestown performances this week and could truly learn to appreciate understudies, swings, and those truly committed to making theatre happen by doing whatever is needed to make the show go on. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#561Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 7:57pm

Afra said on her IG that this was her last show and won't be returning. Wonder if the same will be for Jordan, Amber and Khaila? We'll find out on Tuesday.

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2
#562Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 8:30pm

I think all would if their shows allow. I’m not sure when Jordan’s show starts but the others shows start within the next two weeks and it might be harder to help out the closer to their show’s first preview dates. 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#563Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 9:25pm

Gosh darn it! I really thought it would be canceled and decided to skip it! Oh well!

I just bought a Balcony ticket for Wednesday night because it's treat-your-self week for me (Spring break staycation), but I'm expecting most people will be back by then. 

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#564Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 10:27pm

I saw on IG that Adam Hyndman stepped into the show today.

OMG U Guyz
#565Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/14/22 at 1:37am

It would be odd for Lana to be on vacation so soon after taking the role full time. What a mess. 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#566Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/14/22 at 10:10am

OMG U Guyz said: "It would be odd for Lana to be on vacation so soon after taking the role full time. What a mess."

But she's been with the company for several months now. I think it's reasonable to imagine that, if she was on vacation, it was a vacation that's been on the books for a while now and couldn't be changed after she was asked to step in full-time. 

TOHadestownFan
#567Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/14/22 at 11:54am

So Jessie's website says she's expected to be out until at least Wednesday and Khaila's Instagram makes it seem like she's not performing any more shows after yesterday (she's back in Connecticut and she mentioned having to do tech for Six). Does anyone have any idea who might be next in line to play Eurydice if Eva's still out on Tuesday?

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#568Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/14/22 at 12:36pm

TOHadestownFan said: "So Jessie's website says she's expected to be out until at least Wednesday and Khaila's Instagram makes it seem like she's not performing any more shows after yesterday (she's back in Connecticut and she mentioned having to do tech for Six). Does anyone have any idea who might be next in line to play Eurydice if Eva's still out on Tuesday?"

When is Grace supposed to be back? I think she covers Eurydice. IDK who else may have left the show that covered her. 

IDK why it seems like there are so many more people who know the other roles than Eurydice?

Updated On: 3/14/22 at 12:36 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#569Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/14/22 at 2:19pm

Other option is to fly in one of the covers from the tour if Eva, Jessie and Grace are all out.

TOHadestownFan
#570Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/14/22 at 4:10pm

Lana confirmed on Instagram that she had been out quarantining for COVID for the last 10 days and that she's expected to return tomorrow!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#571Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/14/22 at 4:25pm

Now let's see who their Eurydice is tomorrow night.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#572Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/14/22 at 10:57pm

ACL2006 said: "Other option is to fly in one of the covers from the tour if Eva, Jessie and Grace are all out."

I don't think they can do that because of the turntable/elevator. Lack of it on the tour means the choreo is different. I think it's also a safety thing because it's not really safe to have someone who doesn't really know how to account for a giant hole in the middle of the stage, even if the choreo is relatively similar. 

OMG U Guyz
#573Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 9:35am

Really? I can’t imagine the producers okaying that - they’ve been doing a press push for her - they would’ve waited to spend those dollars if she had a planned vacation. 

BJones3
#574Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 10:00am

Hello!

I saw Hadestown in November and sat in Orchestra center Row J and it was awesome!

I'm going back with my mom this spring and there are center front row mezzanine seats available for my date. Has anyone sat in these seats and can you see the actors facial expressions? Wondering if I should try these or stick with orchestra J or K since I know I like this view. Thank you so much!

Videos