Goodbye ALL SHOOK UP (3/24 - 9/25)

Dean_Hyde
#625re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/21/05 at 12:15pm

Spread the ASU love!!!.

Bwaygirl717
#626re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/21/05 at 3:29pm

I'm so upset that this show is closing!!!! I really loved the show! I got so upset that my mom is taking me to see Thursday night's show, both shows on saturday and the final show on sunday. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING!!!!

Tenorman
#627re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/21/05 at 3:41pm

I am moving to New York in October and All Shook up was definitely on my list of shows to see. I missed it my last trip - dang it!! PLEASE STAY OPEN - If you let it run, they will come!!!!

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#628re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/21/05 at 5:10pm

I'm sad to see it leave.

I can't wait to see it on Sunday.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#629re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/21/05 at 5:19pm

How are seats 125-127 Row K in the Orch? Thyere the last seats in that row. Is the view somewhat partial?

Dean_Hyde
#630re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/21/05 at 5:21pm

Those seats sound fine.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#631re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/21/05 at 5:27pm

Those seats are great! I have sat in 127 in J and found it amazing. I prefer the sides to the center at ASU. Nothing is obstructed.

Definitely take those seats!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#632re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/21/05 at 7:05pm

Going to the show in an hour!

kate2
#633re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/21/05 at 8:35pm

aahhh i wish i could go on sunday, but my family is running a little low on $ this week! of all weeks to not have enough money, WHY THIS ONE!!?!?!!?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#634re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/21/05 at 10:22pm

I AM SO PUMPED! I'm going on Saturday afternoon, Row O in the orch. seats 122-124 I think.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#635re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/21/05 at 11:33pm

Great show tonight! Lots of fun, good energy from the cast. Talked to many people at the stage door afterwards about future plans.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#636re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/21/05 at 11:45pm

Oh, and my favorite line from the stage door tonight was from Nikki-
I overheard her talking about "always there" "102" "always see her" and I was like, what are you talking about? And she said, "You! You're always there, in seat 102 and I can see you in the monitor [behind the conductor] and I'm like, There's Liotte, gonna f*ck up my show again"

So funny. Love you Nikki!!!

mominthecty
#637re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/22/05 at 7:02am

Yea Got my ticket for Sunday !!
Had to scramble to get rid of tickets we
already had for a 3:00 show

Liotte, was all the merchandise discounted?
Need to stock up and I was wondering if the best way to go would be at the Flea Market or wait until we are at the Palace
Thanks

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#638re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/22/05 at 11:00am

Didn't seem too discounted to me. I got a shirt for $25 (the main black one), and will see what they have this weekend.

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#639re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/22/05 at 2:04pm

i feel like i may by everything on sunday lol

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

twogaab2
#640re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/22/05 at 2:27pm

Seems a shame that it is closing. I was really very good for this type of show. Perhaps in a weaker season it might have done better. Oh well, I ordered a ticket for the Sunday performance. Great cast, lot of mindless fun.

TWOGAAB "A Class Act" will never die!

mominthecty
#641re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/22/05 at 6:12pm

Thanks Liotte

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#642re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/22/05 at 11:12pm

Great show tonight, the cast has so much energy and it was just wonderful! I was reprimanded for "sitting in the front row and looking sad".

Funny moment- When Matilda and Earl see Dean and Lorraine kissing on the street and Matilda says "You're kissing that colored girl", Lorraine says, "let's go"- someone from the back of the theater called out really loudly, "Run Dean, Run!!!"

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#643re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/22/05 at 11:36pm

I was going to see it on Sunday, but my plans fell through...

I'm gonna miss ASU re: All Shook Up Plea

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

BSoBW2
#644re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/22/05 at 11:38pm

HaHaHa - nice Liotte.

Bwaygirl717
#645re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/22/05 at 11:54pm

I was at tonight's show too and i thought that it was funny that someone in the back yelled, " Run Dean Run!" also. I'm so upset that it is closing though...

My Name in Lights
#646re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/23/05 at 12:11am

First LENNON, and now ALL SHOOK UP. Wow, this really is one of the saddest weeks in theatre for me. I am a huge fan of both of these shows and their casts. I've seen both of them numerous times and couldn't get enough of either.

Sad...very sad, that critics have so much power as to close the really entertaining shows; and, and yet people continue to go to see shows that should have closed long ago, based on other/some critics' reviews.

It doesn't seem fair, but it all comes down to $$$$$$$, rather than entertainment value when a show is closed.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#647re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/23/05 at 12:13am

I might have an extra ticket for Sunday- Orch row J, seat 102 (on the aisle). Anyone want to buy it?

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#648re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/23/05 at 3:58am

Oops, thought something funny happened, but apparently it happens every night. I retract.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli
Updated On: 9/23/05 at 03:58 AM

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#649re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/23/05 at 10:47am

Um, that happens every night....

Videos