pixeltracker

Will FOLLIES be nominated/win any Tonys for 2012?- Page 3

Will FOLLIES be nominated/win any Tonys for 2012?

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#50Will FOLLIES be nominated/win any Tonys for 2012?
Posted: 7/2/11 at 11:43pm

ljay said that he/she saw the show in previews, so it's understandable that her performance may have changed. That's why they're called previews, right?

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#51Will FOLLIES be nominated/win any Tonys for 2012?
Posted: 7/2/11 at 11:56pm

long overdue?

Jan Maxwell IS a Tony award. Great actresses are awarded HER.

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#52Will FOLLIES be nominated/win any Tonys for 2012?
Posted: 7/3/11 at 12:44am

In DC, I saw the first preview, the last show and two in between. At the first preview, I thought Bernadette was the weakest of the leads, found her performance lacking and saw a lot of "Desiree" in her Sally. By the closing performance, she completely sold me.

As ljay and I have mentioned, she was utterly heartbreaking.

I also believe she was sick (or suffering from allergies) early in the run. She made every performance, but wasn't up to par...until later on. Then she was brilliant. (Still not as brilliant as Jan Maxwell, but I so adore Jan that I may be a tad biased. Will FOLLIES be nominated/win any Tonys for 2012?)

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#53Will FOLLIES be nominated/win any Tonys for 2012?
Posted: 7/3/11 at 1:00am

John Larouqette (sp) was pushed from leading(he's above the title and the part was written as a Lead, read Abe Burrows book), to featured just so Danny could be in Lead (and win)of course it didn't quite turn out that way. (for Dan)
Phyliss is a Lead role with juicy lines and Ms. Maxwell delivers tham as expertly as anyone but I still think her performance is hijacked by Schaffer, who lets the character soften and Carlyle who kills her momentum with a disastrous LUCY AND JESSE. The number was restaged once in DC but that version was quickly dispatched (anyone see it?) He may restage it again but he obviously is lost in making Phyliss shine as she should, Alexis also delivered Phyliss' lines with venom (more than Maxwell) and then stunned the audience with Bennett's LUCY AND JESSIE. I didn't see that happen at the Kennedy Center.
But it's way too early to talk TONY.

pinoyidol2006 Profile Photo
pinoyidol2006
#54Will FOLLIES be nominated/win any Tonys for 2012?
Posted: 7/3/11 at 11:54am

If Bernadette and Jan Maxwell are both in the Best Actress category, don't you think they might split the vote? If that happens, then neither would go home with the Tony. Unless Bernadette gets an obligatory nomination (that is, a nomination because she is Bernadette Peters) resulting in her having virtually no chance of winning. But I do hope she wins. I love Bernadette.

I like your imperturbable perspicacity.

Videos