pixeltracker

THE VISIT "likely" to open at the Lyceum this spring- Page 3

THE VISIT "likely" to open at the Lyceum this spring

binau Profile Photo
binau
#50THE VISIT
Posted: 2/24/15 at 4:38pm

I can't get over the acronym "WTF" lol.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#51THE VISIT
Posted: 2/24/15 at 5:25pm

I have to think a second every time I see someone use HIV for HONEYMOON IN VEGAS.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#52THE VISIT
Posted: 2/24/15 at 7:42pm

For anyone who has seen the Visit, is the content r-rated (in terms of nudity and/or f words)? I assume not, but was just curious before I make plans to see it with certain people who would be sensitive to that.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#53THE VISIT
Posted: 2/24/15 at 9:52pm

Meaning your parents? Oh never mind, you're the investor....

Only suggestive moment (that comes to mind) would be a male briefly simulating oral sex on a female.

Updated On: 2/24/15 at 09:52 PM

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#54THE VISIT
Posted: 2/25/15 at 2:31am

Even investors have parents, believe it or not! THE VISIT Thanks ljay889.

Cat123
#55THE VISIT
Posted: 2/25/15 at 4:39am

Is there a definitive running time for this? I've seen 90, 95 and 100 minutes written in various places! My plan for my coming April trip, in order to squeeze as many shows as possible into my week, is to see this on the Friday night then run a block for the 10pm Hedwig performance. I'd like to prepare!

ArtMan
#56THE VISIT
Posted: 2/28/15 at 9:29am

Reading your posts have got be kind of interested in seeing this. Also the running time and 2 pm start for June 7 helps in catching a plane. It is either this or Skylight. Can someone elaborate more on the show? Since it is only one act and 90 minutes, is it a minimal score or the opposite? What is it about the show that made you a fan? Any observations that you can make to convince me, would be helpful. Thanks.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#57THE VISIT
Posted: 2/28/15 at 10:39am

It's a full score with at least three songs that could become Kander & Ebb standards. Much better score than Curtains. I prefer it to Scottsboro Boys, but I'm not sure everyone will.

This production is directed by John Doyle, and his stamp is evident from start to finish. While the cast doesn't play instruments, elements from Sweeney, Company, and Road Show are visible throughout.

The performance from Chita is worth the price of admission alone. It's a stellar performance, and I think her acting will surprise many. She could easily and rightfully be mistaken for a dramatic actress, not the fierce triple threat that we all know her as.

The show is dark, very dark, but I was blown away by it at WTF. The set is almost worth the price of admission. Give it a try.

ArtMan
#58THE VISIT
Posted: 3/2/15 at 5:44pm

Ljay, Thanks for your feedback. I bought my ticket today.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#59THE VISIT
Posted: 3/2/15 at 10:45pm

Awesome! Please share your thoughts when you see it.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#60THE VISIT
Posted: 3/2/15 at 11:52pm

THE VISIT

ArtMan, :)
Many are very excited for this production especially seeing Chita Rivera!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Videos