HAMILTON cast album

anmiller07 Profile Photo
anmiller07
#50HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 9/20/15 at 2:41am

Has anyone heard anything else about a B&N signing?

Becky
#51HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 9/20/15 at 3:37am

Phillypinto said: "wow that rap was hilarious. why did he cut it?"

Back when I saw the show at the Public, I talked to Lin after about changes he was making. I was curious as to how he was making decisions on what to let go of, etc. He mentioned the John Adams rap specifically, and said he had just cut it because the show wasn't about him, and he found he could cut the song (but leave the one great line!) and get the point across re: Adams. I can't remember if he said something about not wanting to dive too deep into secondary characters because then you have to develop too many? It's been a while.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#52HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 11/2/16 at 3:49pm

I'm so sorry for resurecting this over a year old thread, but prior to seeing the show this past Sunday I never knew Eliza gasped at the end. Why would they omit this on the cast album? It's not like it gives anything away. Was it something added to the show later after the album was recorded? Also the Chicago cast needs to be recorded! I know it's not likely, but I need at least an EP of Joshua singing room where it happens. I still cry after thinking about his performance and I can't wait until February 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#53HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 11/2/16 at 3:52pm

The gasp was present at all the performances I attended, both before the cast recording and afterward.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#54HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 11/2/16 at 3:54pm

It doesn't give anything away necessarily, but it also doesn't mean a lot out of context.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#55HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 11/2/16 at 3:54pm

It doesn't give anything away necessarily, but it also doesn't mean a lot out of context.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

aaaaaa15
#56HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 11/2/16 at 5:49pm

I'm glad it isn't on there. It's more moving when it's a surprise.

Fosse76
#57HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 11/2/16 at 6:10pm

aaaaaa15 said: "I'm glad it isn't on there. It's more moving when it's a surprise."

Sounds like the ending of Miss Saigon, when Chris screams out. It didn't make it onto the OLC or the symphonic recordings. It's definitely more moving when done live, so I can see that as being the same here.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#58HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 11/2/16 at 7:26pm

i really just do not like that gasp because it's so vague. like, is she entering the afterlife? is that her seeing Alexander in heaven?

as for what Jorge said, a Chicago EP with a few highlights would be fantastic but i don't see it happening unfortunately.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#59HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 11/2/16 at 8:33pm

I don't see why it's so unlikely, if any show can support a second cast recording I think this is it!

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#60HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 11/2/16 at 8:45pm

Mr. Nowack while they can do it, would they? I don't think so.

gypsy, when I saw it, Ari had a bright smile on her face and it seemed she was looking right into the audience. Almost like breaking the fourth wall. So I sort of took as if Eliza saw her husbands story was being told. Which writing that down gave me goosebumps. I'm not sure how Pippa did it though.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 11/2/16 at 08:45 PM

aaaaaa15
#61HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 11/2/16 at 9:03pm

I saw it with Phillipa and that was also my first impression, that she was seeing the audience and gasping in shock that both Alexander's story and especially her own was finally being told. It makes more sense to me because she has already seen Alexander so it feels like she is already in the afterlife, then he takes her hand and shows her the audience. Phillipa didn't really smile though, it was more of a teary-eyed look of wonder. It's probably my favorite moment of the show to be honest, I find that explanation so moving, although it is indeed down to interpretation.

Updated On: 11/2/16 at 09:03 PM

Videos