pixeltracker

Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice- Page 3

Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#50Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 4/3/23 at 4:01pm

Mezz is the best place to sit for this show - take E4 most def!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Hairspray0901
#51Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 4/4/23 at 1:19pm

Can anyone recommend left or right orch? Specifically N9/11 or N10/12? Which would be better? Or are these too far over?

hollebolle
#52Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 4/4/23 at 2:06pm

I’d recommend house left. There’s a lot of action downstage right, but you can’t go wrong with either.

I don’t think those seats are too far to the side. I was in R14 over the weekend and had no sightline issues.

helso1
#53Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 4/9/23 at 5:09pm

Hi everyone,

Visiting from the UK and just after some advice if possible. I have three ticket options for Sweeney and after looking endlessly at seat plan and view from my seat cannot decide which will be best!

Orchestra Row H Seats 14 & 16

Orchestra Row O Seats 18 & 20

Front Mezzanine Row B Seats 18 & 20

Many thanks!

Helen x 

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#54Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 4/9/23 at 5:13pm

Personally I’d choose Orch H

helso1
#55Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 4/9/23 at 6:11pm

Thanks so much Mark for the quick response, very much appreciated x 

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#56Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 4/9/23 at 9:28pm

I just want to warn people away from the mid-mezzanine. I sat there for Sweeney Todd and the amount of heads I had in front of me leaning so I couldn't see anything was so frustrating.

I definitely want to go back to Sweeney Todd and will splurge for orchestra or front mezz seats.

Anyone have insights on the orchestra? Where is a good place to sit?

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#57Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 4/9/23 at 9:39pm

The mid/rear mezzanine was discussed at length earlier in this thread, and I explained which seats there offer good views. Unfortunately, you weren't sitting in one of them. Most are bad, but not at, so, if that's what someone's budget is, they should know that there are decent options up there. 

Updated On: 4/9/23 at 09:39 PM

bear88
#58Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 4/17/23 at 4:34am

How far back in the orchestra before you lose sight of some things that happen high on stage at the Sweeney Todd revival?

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

I assume you don't miss the barber shop, but what about the movement action above that?

I'm looking at tickets in Rows V, W and X and was wondering if there are any partial views, especially on the sides. I've seen the show myself, but in Row O, and didn't see how it looked in the rows behind me.

Updated On: 4/17/23 at 04:34 AM

yyys
#59Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 4/17/23 at 7:53am

I sat in the mid mezz section, row J center at yesterday's matinee and the view was quite good...no heads blocking my view.

JasonC3
#60Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 4/17/23 at 7:54am

I sat in row WW6 on the left aisle (two spaces left of me were for wheelchairs or moveable seats) and did not find anything obstructed.

Updated On: 4/17/23 at 07:54 AM

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#61Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 4/17/23 at 12:13pm

bear88 said: "How far back in the orchestra before you lose sight of some things that happen high on stage at the Sweeney Todd revival?

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
I assume you don't miss the barber shop, but what about the movement action above that?

I'm looking at tickets in Rows V, W and X and was wondering if there are any partial views, especially on the sides. I've seen the show myself, but in Row O, and didn't see how it looked in the rows behind me."

I sat in Row X seat 3 (Actually the aisle seat if there isn't a wheel seat sold) and it was perfect and you can see everything! Go to www.seatplan.com - it's free and better than viewfrommyseat.com (IMO). Excellent seats back there if closer to the center Aisle. 

aliciag3
#62Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 4/17/23 at 12:43pm

I posted this in the full reviews thread, but I sat in row XX, seat 113 and it was great! I was a little worried about the mezz overhang and scenes on the upper platform/walkway but i could see everything perfectly! 

bungalowbob2
#63Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 5/14/23 at 1:58pm

I've been weighing the idea of sitting on the far right of the theater in row G or H of the orchestra, but I've seen mixed things elsewhere online about whether I'd miss anything for sitting in this location (or the extreme edges of the theater in general). Does anybody have experience with these seats?

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#64Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 5/14/23 at 5:31pm

For Sweeney - having say in both center orchestra row N and center front mezzanine row D, I DEFINITELY recommend the front mezzanine.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#65Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 5/14/23 at 5:44pm

HunterK said: "bear88 said: "How far back in the orchestra before you lose sight of some things that happen high on stage at the Sweeney Todd revival?"

Just wanted to add that the standing room view was amazing. I was in 112 standing room (last sold for the day) and I think I only had to crouch for a few Joanna scenes but otherwise it was an amazing view I'd recommend!

TarHeelAlan
#66Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 5/15/23 at 9:27am

bwayphreak234 said: "For Sweeney - having say in both center orchestra row N and center front mezzanine row D, I DEFINITELY recommend the front mezzanine."

+1 here, can't speak for Orchestra N, but we sat in Front Mezz Row D seats 101 & 102, and thought the seats were excellent, no complaints.  

noahseestheatre Profile Photo
noahseestheatre
#67Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 5/15/23 at 9:49am

I recently saw Sweeney from the upper mezzanine on the left side near the wall and (besides the short Joanna scenes upstage right) I could see everything and really revel in it!

Olivia Miller2
#68Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 6/15/23 at 10:02am

Hi! I am trying to decide between a couple of seating options for Sweeney Todd. I usually prefer to sit more central, and my best options it appears are Center Orchestra N Seat 112, Center Orchestra O Seat 109, Front Mezz B Seat 105 ,or Front Mezz B Seat 101. My only hesitation with the center orchestra options are the overhang. Although I have read it doesn't become too much of an issue until row S. I have also read the orchestra is not as raked as others, and have that concern as well. I'm not tall but I am not short. Thank you for your help!

Updated On: 6/15/23 at 10:02 AM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#69Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 6/15/23 at 10:10am

Olivia Miller2 said: "Hi! I am trying to decide between a couple of seating options for Sweeney Todd. I usually prefer to sit more central, and my best options it appears are Center Orchestra N Seat 112, Center Orchestra O Seat 109, Front Mezz B Seat 105 ,or Front Mezz B Seat 101. My only hesitation with the center orchestra options are the overhang. Although I have read it doesn't become too much of an issue until row S. I have also read the orchestra is not as raked as others, and have that concern as well. I'm not tall but I am not short. Thank you for your help!"

All of those are great options! I have seen Sweeney Todd from both the mezzanine and orchestra (I think I was actually in orchestra N seat 112, funnily enough). I can't stress how much better of a view and experience I had in center of the front mezzanine. The stage for this show is VERY high and not really raked, and even from halfway back in the orchestra, I could not see the floor of the stage. The lighting design for this show is *exquisite* (and just won the Tony!), and is best enjoyed from being upstairs, in my opinion. Enjoy!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#70Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 6/15/23 at 12:16pm

Saw the show last week from mid-mezz, row C center -- not a cheap seat -- which would've been perfect had the guy in front of me not been a leaner. I'm 6' but the leaners ruin the view for folks of any height. I made adjustments, and he leaned back periodically, but it was not what I'd hoped, when I bought the seats March 1. That said, you avoid the steep railings in this house -- box office called they are among the worst on Broadway (stay away from row A; you will have bars splicing your view) and it's the perfect distance from the show, and the action was fully visible when I moved my head from one side to the other.

Confronting a leaning audience member in any mezz or balcony is a crisis many of us have faced.If you begin a contentious relationship with them -- I have in the past -- they can grow entitled and surly. Zero to sixty behavior, particularly for shows with steep prices and seats purchased way in advance. I choose my battles, having been reported to an usher at LTC because I complained politely about someone's smart watch blinking at me. She made me the heavy, and asked House Management to step in. It was ugly, and damn near ruined King and I.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 6/15/23 at 12:16 PM

josibroadwayfan2
#71Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 7/2/23 at 3:56pm

Hi. I am looking at tickets for Sweeney Todd, and am trying to decide where I should sit. I looked on SeatPlan and A view from seat, but would welcome other advice. These are the seats that I am considering based on my budget. 

-  Right orchestra S 16

-  Right orchestra V 18

-  Center orchestra XX 110

-  Center orchestra YY 110

-  Mid mezzanine J 128 (this is on an aisle) 

Thanks again!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#72Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 7/2/23 at 3:58pm

josibroadwayfan said: "Hi. I am looking at tickets for Sweeney Todd, and am trying to decide where I should sit. I looked on SeatPlan and A view from seat, but would welcome other advice. These are the seats that I am considering based on my budget.

- Right orchestra S 16

- Right orchestra V 18

- Center orchestra XX 110

- Center orchestra YY 110

- Mid mezzanine J 128 (this is on an aisle)

Thanks again!
"

Right orchestra S 16 is the correct answer.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#73Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 7/2/23 at 4:39pm

Agreed. 

Everyone who sits in the rear mezz says it's very far away and it's hard to hear and, just knowing that theatre, the double letter rows will feel pretty far away and will definitely be obstructed by the mezz overhang. I wouldn't be surprised if row v is also obstructed. 

sparklingtonic2
#74Lunt-Fontanne Seating Advice
Posted: 10/20/23 at 1:09pm

I saw the show for the first time from orchestra D 105 (center-left). I thought the seat was good. Like others in this thread have mentioned, I enjoyed some of the casts' "crazy, intense stares," which were viewable from orchestra seating, so I might opt for a somewhat close orchestra seat again, even though, as I recall, the auditorium floor was flatter than I would like and a tall person could make you unhappy.

For my upcoming second visit, I'm wondering if front row mezzanine would be a good choice. My thinking was that, next time around, it might be nice to optimize for appreciating the great lighting design.

That said.... I'm pretty afraid of heights and I dislike being in high places that don't have sufficiently tall railings. Does anyone know exactly how high the railing is? I'm wondering if I should just stick to solid ground.

Videos